Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #4457
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I don't mind losing to the Lakers by 11.. you expect the game is going to make Kobe take over.. but when they shoot 60% from three-point, and had a 22 point lead in the 2nd half at one point you have ZERO chance.

Kevin Love is seriously BROKEN in my career.. he comes back from injury and stands around with the ball like he's never played basketball before.

It sort of seems like ALL the shooters stand around in the games where 2K gives you no chance to win. They can be wide open, but won't shoot until someone's in their face, and after 3 pump fakes to make sure the defense is right on them, severely lessening the likelihood of a made shot.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:07 AM   #4458
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Forced to try the 'Save and Exit' option to try and escape an injury..

For the THIRD time this season Kevin Love is injured.. NOW they've broke his leg and he's out for the season unless this actually works and he's back next game.. they REALLY don't want the T'Wolves in the playoffs in 'My Career'.. this sucks either way..

As always he was injured on an OPEN jump shot.. as every player I've seen injured has been
Old 04-20-2014, 05:48 AM   #4459
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Still no free agency, I doubt they'll even bother to add it at this point. They'll probably just add that as well as the old customisation stuff in 2K15 and advertise it as "brand new features".
I would love to be free agent. I still don't understand how one of the most important parts of every players career got left out.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:55 AM   #4460
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

Ugh HOW do I get traded to the Rockets!?!?!?

My rookie season, I got drafted by the Kings and asked to be traded to the Rockets. They traded me to the Pelicans. So then I asked them to be traded to the Rockets and they traded me to the Pacers. Trade deadline over, so I finished the entire season with the Pacers.

Second season starts and I ask for a trade again and specify the Rockets... again. They trade me to the Blazers. I ask them for a trade to the Rockets and they trade me to the Lakers. I ask them for a trade to the Rockets and they trade me to the 76ers. WTF?

Every single time, Houston is in the top 3 of interested team in me... I have no idea what I'm doing wrong
Old 04-20-2014, 06:03 AM   #4461
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyacecandy

My rookie season, I got drafted by the Kings and asked to be traded to the Rockets. They traded me to the Pelicans. So then I asked them to be traded to the Rockets and they traded me to the Pacers. Trade deadline over, so I finished the entire season with the Pacers.

Second season starts and I ask for a trade again and specify the Rockets... again. They trade me to the Blazers. I ask them for a trade to the Rockets and they trade me to the Lakers. I ask them for a trade to the Rockets and they trade me to the 76ers. WTF?

Every single time, Houston is in the top 3 of interested team in me... I have no idea what I'm doing wrong
Did you select Houston as your preferred team before getting drafted?? If so you can request the gm to trade the teams star player because you don't get along with him and instead they'll trade you to the team you selected pre-draft.

There's a whole thread on it here somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #4462
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyacecandy

I got traded to the Rockets. All the teams had high interest and I believe I told the GM I wanted them as a choice.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #4463
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_1979
Did you select Houston as your preferred team before getting drafted?? If so you can request the gm to trade the teams star player because you don't get along with him and instead they'll trade you to the team you selected pre-draft.

Yes, there is... there's also a video showing the process too:
Old 04-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #4464
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_1979

So that's all there is to it? I'm in my 2nd season though... and will be going into my 3rd season now. So I just tell the GM that I don't get along with the star player and then they'll trade me to the Rockets... (yes I did choose them as my favorite team every single damn time)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »