Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #4465
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Haven't been able to get past a "preparing roster for use" or a blank dark screen today any of you guys experiencing this problem. I'm on PS4 by the way. Tried everything including rebooting system, cleaning disc, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #4466
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_G
Haven't been able to get past a "preparing roster for use" or a blank dark screen today any of you guys experiencing this problem. I'm on PS4 by the way. Tried everything including rebooting system, cleaning disc, etc.
Sign out of your PSN then fire up the game. This should get you past the roster/blank screen so that the intro video starts up. Then, during the intro video, head back to the home screen and sign back in. Everything should work fine after that. This is what I have to do every single time to play the game. Works like a charm though.

In case you were worried; nothing gets deleted and your saves are all fine. At least in my experience anyway.

Last edited by BA2929; 04-20-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #4467
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

PG - Heat
Season 2
18.9 PPG, 6.4 APG, 4.3 RPG, 1.2 SPG

I decided to bump up the difficultly because I got traded to the Heat at the deadline. My stats took a hit with the difficulty change but the games were much more fun.

In my first few games, Bosh broke his patella so I didn’t get much playing time with him. This threw us into a short term tail spin. It took us a few weeks to gel as we lost 6 in a row, including two to the Bucs and Bobcats (my old teams). Once we got rolling, we closed the season on a 13-game winning streak to lock up the top seed. I deferred to LeBron a lot in the final few weeks to give him a shot at MVP but KD won. LeBron was amazing putting up 26/8/6.

We easily swept the Magic in the first round of the Playoffs. I wiped the floor with Jackson Ellis and his challenges in the second round. Reached the Conference Finals where the Melo-less Knicks took us to Game 7 before we squeaked out the win. I got taken to school by their 67 OVR bum rookie PG and his AND1 dribble moves. We finally lost in the Finals against the friggin’ Timberwolves in 6 games.

My local fans dropped 30% (to 50%) after losing the Finals . Bosh is still out another 8-10 weeks at the beginning of year 3.

Our lineup looks like (YR 3):

Me
Wade
LeBron
Pau Gasol
Emeka Okafor

One strange thing I have noticed, and this has been mentioned previously, it seems if you play a few games in this mode without switching to a different mode, your teammates play much better. The offense flows and teammates don’t stand idle as much. I don’t know why this is.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #4468
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

I just finished season one of MyPlayer and it just advanced to the next season. Is there somewhere I can see who won what awards and what the result of the playoffs were?

Annoying...
Old 04-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #4469
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
One strange thing I have noticed, and this has been mentioned previously, it seems if you play a few games in this mode without switching to a different mode, your teammates play much better. The offense flows and teammates don’t stand idle as much. I don’t know why this is.
What I have noticed is that the game changes general settings in the background while switching between my MyCareer and MyGM like Auto-Defense/Offense or the Position lock. Maybe it tweaks the tendencies by itself, too, because I exactly see the same thing in my MyCareer with less movement after switching back from MyGM. The first few games it seems like I have to do everything on offense and my teammates don't shoot open 3s or refuse to cut to the rim which makes my team lose a lot. It's stupid, weird and annoying.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #4470
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBobOmb
What I have noticed is that the game changes general settings in the background while switching between my MyCareer and MyGM like Auto-Defense/Offense or the Position lock. Maybe it tweaks the tendencies by itself, too, because I exactly see the same thing in my MyCareer with less movement after switching back from MyGM. The first few games it seems like I have to do everything on offense and my teammates don't shoot open 3s or refuse to cut to the rim which makes my team lose a lot. It's stupid, weird and annoying.
Then in theory my team should be a bunch of superstars since I only play MyCareer... but they aren't. I've noticed a big dip in ability at the beginning of the season (just started season 3) - probably has something to do with team chemistry in my case. My paint players have started doing something more often that I rarely saw in the first 2 seasons... they've started passing the ball in the paint... WHEN OPEN... TO A GUARDED PLAYER

My team has also acquired a new SF/PF... Anthony Randolph (I think - it's a something that starts with A Randolph). This guy hits about 10% of his shots in the paint. So now along with JJ Barea, I have to keep the ball out of Randolph's hands. Dieng is one of the hardest hit by the "pass in the paint to the tightest guarded person" viruses... and as such I try to keep it out of his hands as well. The team is basically me and Pekovic right now... Martin is back but has forgotten that he can shoot 3s and prefers to charge down into the paint Barea style (everyone on the court is in the paint? Let's drive in!!!)

And now... they've traded Alexey Shved instead of JJ Barea. Shved/Pekovic were pretty much the only reason I stuck around (aside from the perpetually injured Love). Good thing I'm on my 3rd season and I typically request a trade after 3 seasons anyway. Important lesson - if you say you don't get along with a teammate and the options do not include the player you don't get along with... don't push it or they'll probably randomly choose someone to trade.

Last edited by biatch0; 04-21-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #4471
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Run more pick and rolls. I started basically calling for double screens last night hold circle till he's about to do the pick that fails every time then call another one and you'll confuse the cpu on defense for more easy buckets. When the play breaks down, call for a screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #4472
MVP

So is it impossible to do right on that stupid, eating lunch in your car, scenario? The first time I picked right, then I saw people say that they picked up and down and those didn't work. So now I pick left and that answer is defensive as well. I imagine this is just another scripted scene.
Also, having this new agent is pretty funny. No real difference in lines or scenarios that I've seen so far. They just make the guy act like a dick. Change up his tone a bit and your player clearly hates him.
Just chose the endorsement deal with Sprint and on the fake *** twitter, my player uploads what seems like the creepiest selfie of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »