Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-22-2014, 05:14 AM   #4481
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lob Mob
Yes, there is... there's also a video showing the process too:
Not sure if it works every time, but I finally got traded to my favorite team (Houston Rockets) and it happened in my 3rd year! The first week of the season in October, I said I wasn't getting along with a teammate and demanded the organization trade him. I met with my agent and he said my name was in the trade talks and showed me a list of teams who were interested in me. #1 was the Mavs... and the Rockets were all the way at like #7 or so. Things weren't looking good.
Well, a few games went by and I got called into the GM office and was told I was being traded.... to the Houston Rockets! Woo!

Again, not sure if this will work for everyone but it seems to be onto something. As long as you specified to your agent in the VERY beginning of your MyPlayer who your favorite team was (who you would most want to play for), then it should work. Even in your 2nd or 3rd year like me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2014, 08:52 AM   #4482
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

Has anyone else had multiple flu games?

I had one in my second season and now again at the beginning of my third season. The coach decided to put my PG at Center this time around and I got manhandled.

I remember in the first flu game I was super slow on offense but normal on defense. This time I was super slow on offense and defense.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #4483
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Kansas State Wildcats
Old 04-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #4484
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
Has anyone else had multiple flu games?

I had one in my second season and now again at the beginning of my third season. The coach decided to put my PG at Center this time around and I got manhandled.

I remember in the first flu game I was super slow on offense but normal on defense. This time I was super slow on offense and defense.
Yeah, I've had multiple flu games too. I assume it's in case you fail to get the 'Sick Game, Bro' achievement/trophy the first time.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #4485
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

At what point do you go from "Starter" to "Star" next to your name?

My player is a 96 overall and still not a Star... yet I've been to multiple All Star games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #4486
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyacecandy

My player is a 96 overall and still not a Star... yet I've been to multiple All Star games
At the 1v1 Jackson Ellis always says he win an I was runner up even when he doesn't even crack the top 5 rookies like I get if Burke won cause he usually bit far behind but really Ellis when he usually peaks at 7
Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #4487
Rookie

So here's a question...is there any point in this mode where you're the star player and requesting that the other star player gets traded actually results in that player getting traded and not you?

I ask because I'm on the pistons, as a Small Forward. And of course Josh Smith is their star player, even though I've surpassed him in every statistical category, and I haven't even started yet. Just recently the GM asked me how I was dong, and blah blah blah I requested Josh Smith to gtfo.

The GM was like blah blah I'll look into it. Is that what they normally say or am I going to get traded? The problem is that the Knicks are my favorite team, and i chose them at the start of playing 2k. So, if the little trick thing works, then that means I'm going to get traded to the Knicks where they'll probably make me play Pf where I'll be completely over powered nightly.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #4488
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyacecandy

Starter means starter you start.
Star means star as in you are the best player on said team and as a result are the "STAR" of the team

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »