Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #4593
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Wonder why my camera is different during practice? Anyway to change this? All my other Careers are fine.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 05-02-2014, 12:17 AM   #4594
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anybody else playing as big men putting up ridiculous numbers? I'm averaging over 40 PPG on like 25 MPG as a 6th man. I'm about 20 games in and I just got to 80 overall. I'm not cheesing or calling for the ball constantly, I actually rarely call for the pass. I just get open inside or in the post and it's just too easy.

Well, not that easy, we still almost always loose since I play on HoF and the other team doesn't miss...

The game mode just doesn't feel realistic at all. Even worse than previous years. The storyline doesn't make sense and just makes it worse.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:35 AM   #4595
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Screwed in a game vs the Rockets.. the ENTIRE team went COLD in the 4th quarter.. outscored by 21 (44-23) in the 4th after having a 13 point lead after three quarters.. all of a sudden the Rockets can't miss and I can't hit a shot. Kevin Love couldn't hit a shot the entire game yet again, shooting 1 of 10 outside and 3 of 14 overall.

The Rockets got **TWO** triple doubles.. one from Harden one from Brooks.... I can see Harden maybe once in a while getting double digit rebounds.. but Brooks averages 2 per game in this season, and he just set his career high in this game vs "My Player."

I love that there is *NO* way to stop Harden when he's driving to the basket.. everything goes slow motion and he goes through 2 players and you can't catch up to him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2014, 04:43 AM   #4596
MVP

I hate how this game mode just wants you to be selfish. Just quit a game halfway though the first because nobody on my team could score. They would always have open jump shots but instead just run in the paint to get blocked. Then, MCW is just throwing the ball away and not paying attention on defense.
I even had a moment which has never happened to me before. I got a steal with nobody back on defense and had Thad Young closer to the basket. I easily could've just took it myself but trying to be unselfish, I pass the ball ahead to Thad. Instead, the pass goes about 5 feet in front of Thad and straight out of bounds.
I'm not sure if I've ever been punished for trying to make a play like this in 2k before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #4597
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

So has anyone managed to get drafted in the top 3? If so, could you share some advice? I'm wanting to get drafted 3rd by the Wizards as an athletic SF.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #4598
Rookie

Yeah let us know I wanna make a sf ...
Old 05-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #4599
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
So has anyone managed to get drafted in the top 3? If so, could you share some advice? I'm wanting to get drafted 3rd by the Wizards as an athletic SF.
i dont think its possible to go higher than fourth. and i believe it was mentioned somewhere that you can only get drafted to like 15 different teams.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #4600
Rookie

OVR: 2

Have anybody been having corrupt files in mycareer I just had it in 2 of mycareer files??I'm f&):$ pissed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »