Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #4601
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
I hate how this game mode just wants you to be selfish. Just quit a game halfway though the first because nobody on my team could score. They would always have open jump shots but instead just run in the paint to get blocked. Then, MCW is just throwing the ball away and not paying attention on defense.
I even had a moment which has never happened to me before. I got a steal with nobody back on defense and had Thad Young closer to the basket. I easily could've just took it myself but trying to be unselfish, I pass the ball ahead to Thad. Instead, the pass goes about 5 feet in front of Thad and straight out of bounds.
I'm not sure if I've ever been punished for trying to make a play like this in 2k before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubio's good for 2 passes into the stands per game and I'm good for having 4 OR 5 passes stolen by guys who weren't near the ball when I pushed the pass button.. animation slows, guys jump the pass and it's a turnover. Usually the game will have me 'stumble'.. recollect myself then it will try to make the pass, resulting in said turnover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #4602
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Playing another game where the opponent can't miss.. this time Sacremento in the third quarter.. I have to outscore Ellis.. which I'm doing 27-17 in the third.. but my TEAM has made 5 baskets in the quarter and are outscored 27-13.. really stupid to be down 16 points total and have quarters were NOBODY can shoot.. .. Kings shooting 75% from 3-point.. as usual since the game started having lesser, losing record teams beat me.. can't even get HALF the number of 3's of the opponent, and the Wolves shoot a LOT of them in "real life"

Twice in the game now, Chris Johnson (Who???) has stolen the ball from the Kings.. taken it all the way to the free throw line.. turned it over and given up an easy bucket the other way.. now down 21. Pretty sure once I get to the playoffs I'll lose 4 straight and be done.. it's gotten that stupid

Managed to cut the lead down to 9 points with 7 minutes left.. then guess what.. turnover after turnover and suddenly I'm shooting cold AGAIN.. can't make a layup.. shots getting blocked right in the middle of a hot streak?

Last edited by DHMN69; 05-02-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #4603
Rookie

OVR: 0

Usually when I run into "those" kind of games, I go to the post game (I upgraded my post game to max with exception of the hook which is 85). As a 6'6" PG I usually have a slight size advantage, and I can just force it in more or less with some sort of post move (and occasionally score an and-1). I'm not really a fan of pulling out the post cheese, but when the CPU is cheesing me, I'll cheese right back.

The downside to this is I rarely lose games (mainly because I don't think I've had a game where the CPU seems to be winning by actually playing good ball). My season record doesn't really reflect this though since I'm only playing key games at this point.

Also, I've found that if you stick it out until the 4th quarter (just keeping it close through the first 3 quarters), you can "usually" catch up in the 4th quarter without too much cheesing.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:49 PM   #4604
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
Usually when I run into "those" kind of games, I go to the post game (I upgraded my post game to max with exception of the hook which is 85). As a 6'6" PG I usually have a slight size advantage, and I can just force it in more or less with some sort of post move (and occasionally score an and-1). I'm not really a fan of pulling out the post cheese, but when the CPU is cheesing me, I'll cheese right back.

The downside to this is I rarely lose games (mainly because I don't think I've had a game where the CPU seems to be winning by actually playing good ball). My season record doesn't really reflect this though since I'm only playing key games at this point.

Also, I've found that if you stick it out until the 4th quarter (just keeping it close through the first 3 quarters), you can "usually" catch up in the 4th quarter without too much cheesing.
There was no way to "keep it close" through 3 quarters against now 65% 3-point shooting. I go to the post.. it's my 6'8 SF.. and back down someone and end up with a shot blocked.

I had to shoot 29 times to get 42 points and only outscored Ellis by 6.. HE shot 14 of 17.. making 3 of 3 threes.. he would have shot 16 of 17 but I blocked a couple shots and one was a buzzer beater
Old 05-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #4605
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

My 6'3" Scoring PG with the Kings.
Kansas State Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #4606
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone know if there's some type of underlying statistics that is directly related to your play type? I'm sure there is because I have a Scoring SF, and a Athletic PG. Both of them have Deadeye, Finisher, and Catch and Shoot.

I can shoot upwards of 80% with the scoring SF, but with my point guard I'm always in the 50-60% and they both have KD shot, and roughly the same attributes. So I'm wondering if Scoring is just easier the scorer playtype, and if it is, what kind of ability comes along with the Athletic type.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #4607
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokaine
Anyone know if there's some type of underlying statistics that is directly related to your play type? I'm sure there is because I have a Scoring SF, and a Athletic PG. Both of them have Deadeye, Finisher, and Catch and Shoot.

I can shoot upwards of 80% with the scoring SF, but with my point guard I'm always in the 50-60% and they both have KD shot, and roughly the same attributes. So I'm wondering if Scoring is just easier the scorer playtype, and if it is, what kind of ability comes along with the Athletic type.
I've been messing around with the personality type stuff trying to figure out something to see if I can stop going on a cold streak EVERY, that lasts almost a full quarter every time
Old 05-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #4608
Pro

lolersaurus's Arena

OVR: 1

Are level 3 signature skills glitched on this game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »