Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #4657
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

My Spurs have hit the playoffs, and things have been way too easy thus far on HOF sim. We swept the Grizzlies in the first round, and every game was a blowout (we won the 3rd by 52 pts). Onto the second round and in come the Blazers - slight hic-up in the first game which was lost by 6 pts due to sloppy play on my behalf. We won the 4 ensuing games by no less than 12 pts per game, including a 25pt blowout. Now I'm up 20 pts in the 3rd quarter of game 1 against the Thunder.

Team's playing great with Duncan and Parker averaging double-doubles. I'm averaging 50pts 4ast 15reb 4blks without ever asking for the ball and trying to get my teammates involved as much as possible. Very happy with the play of my team ofcourse but I'd like to see more fight in my opponents.

I'll end the post with a little tip: with plays not being run automatically one of the best ways of having your offense playing somewhat close to realistic is setting off-ball screens. It really gets your teammates moving and once one of them does, at least in my case, the others do too. I'll set a screen for Kawhi Leonard in the corner and he'll move to the top, Parker passes him the ball and cuts across the paint, receives the ball again in the corner with the defender running towards him to contest the shot, at which point he'll move it back to Kawhi who's got an open 3.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #4658
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveBeast
How reliable is 2k support? Im catching the CE- error. All my 3 careers and 2 gm modes. cant get into any of em.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I messaged them about an issue at the start of February and didn't get a reply until late April lol.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #4659
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I just searched but couldn't find it....I'm looking for a thread or post that that lists the starting ratings and ratings cap for the different types of player. Scoring PG, pass first PG, athletic SF, ETC....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #4660
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
I just searched but couldn't find it....I'm looking for a thread or post that that lists the starting ratings and ratings cap for the different types of player. Scoring PG, pass first PG, athletic SF, ETC....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lay-style.html

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/publishe...c27c75f10e00c0
Old 05-10-2014, 02:48 AM   #4661
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

A number of times lately I've been double-teamed by the PF's guy.. and the PF .. in this case Dante Cunningham .. stands still on the three point line.. if I pass to him of course I get a 'bad pass selection'.. but noone else is ever open to pass to and if I try to get through the double team myself they'll tie it up for a jump ball. Since I'm the SF I'm pretty much screwed I guess, it's been happening more and more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 03:41 AM   #4662
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
A number of times lately I've been double-teamed by the PF's guy.. and the PF .. in this case Dante Cunningham .. stands still on the three point line.. if I pass to him of course I get a 'bad pass selection'.. but noone else is ever open to pass to and if I try to get through the double team myself they'll tie it up for a jump ball. Since I'm the SF I'm pretty much screwed I guess, it's been happening more and more

I have very similar problems when I get doubled. Except when I get doubled every one runs away from me resulting in more jump balls. I've upped my off awareness which seems to have helped getting out of double teams.
Speaking of jump balls, has anyone noticed that when you win the jump the other team gets the ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2014, 03:57 AM   #4663
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Interesting post-season awards.. Cover Boy wins MVP in my rookie season but Durant's season numbers were better everywhere but 2-tenths of a rebound per game.

Kobe going to free agency next season..

Went back and looked at the transactions for the season before I start the playoffs, maybe tomorrow night.. T'Wolves vs Portland first round.. 3 teams tied for 4th in the West.

ONLY 4 trades made in my season, the obvious one of course is Vince Carter.. he was traded in all 3 careers I started in Next Gen. and traded in 2k13 AND 14 on the 360 also.. for whatever reason starting the career in January must have screwed stuff up, since I didn't get ANY of the T'Wolves roster moves.. no Hummel or a Moute, which really sucked with Barea out since game 10 and no backup PG, then Martin and Shved took turns being hurt then Rubio.

4 players in my rookie season were injured for the season, besides Barea, Lavoy Allen, Travis Outlaw and OJ Mayo all torn MCL's for the season.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #4664
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Im about halfway through my first season with the Pelicans (Pick 6) This team is so awful no one does anything at all. I have one of them teams where I have to score like 70 just so we can get close results and we have lost the last 6 in very close games. Lakers have a lot of interest in my but I don't wanna go ride the bench for 35 year old Kobe. We are still the 8th seed as the playoff race really begins to matter now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »