Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2014, 12:20 AM   #4673
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
I'm being punished.. BIG TIME for scoring 67 and boarding 21 in game 1 vs Portland.. in game 2 I can't buy a layup and can't get to the free throw line.. plus 4 TO in first half, 2 of those '2K turnovers'.. push to pass on open guy.. my guy stumbles a second to force a turnover when the pass IS made. Other two are the handoffs where I lose the ball on first dribble. 5 points for me with 5 minutes left in the second quarter.. been cold from the first missed layup without a whistle.

The worst part of this game may be that CJ McCollum is injured.. down to a 64 OVR and destroying the Wolves defense.. averaged all of 6 PPG and scored 11 in game 1.. has 12 at the half in game 2
Lol u think ur team is bad the bulls refuse to get its of butler or put someone better in the starting position even thorough he averages 2.6 ppg and had a season high on 8. 8. 8 whole points. and is a turnover machine
Old 05-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #4674
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto500
Lol u think ur team is bad the bulls refuse to get its of butler or put someone better in the starting position even thorough he averages 2.6 ppg and had a season high on 8. 8. 8 whole points. and is a turnover machine
The game's made *ME* the turnover machine.. I have 10 in this game again, probably had double digit turnovers in 20 games in the season!.. in the 2nd half my passes are going into the FEET of opponents instead of to the guy who's actually open.. It's seriously pathetic HOW obvious it is.. me and Kevin Love 2 on 1 to the hoop.. my pass hits the guy that's between us in the back... turnover fast break easy bucket 3 seconds later..

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 05-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #4675
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
The game's made *ME* the turnover machine.. I have 10 in this game again, probably had double digit turnovers in 20 games in the season!.. in the 2nd half my passes are going into the FEET of opponents instead of to the guy who's actually open.. It's seriously pathetic HOW obvious it is.. me and Kevin Love 2 on 1 to the hoop.. my pass hits the guy that's between us in the back... turnover fast break easy bucket 3 seconds later..
Lol I've been able to cut back one my turnovers but as mine go down everyone else's go up. For example we may be in a close game or even have the lead when all of a sudden Rose decides that the guy who has had to score 1/3 of the pints to keep it close shouldn't get the ball anymore even when we are really close and will instead pass it to Butler who literally tries to run it into the paint and gets stripped almost every play or he shoots and glares blocked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #4676
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Lol I've been able to cut back one my turnovers but as mine go down everyone else's go up. For example we may be in a close game or even have the lead when all of a sudden Rose decides that the guy who has had to score 1/3 of the pints to keep it close shouldn't get the ball anymore even when we are really close and will instead pass it to Butler who literally tries to run it into the paint and gets stripped almost every play or he shoots and glares blocked.
Rubio and K-Mart go on fast breaks for my Wolves team after getting a steal.. and RARELY make a bucket.. either brick their layups with a defender near or throw the ball away.. then while me and the rest of the team is chasing them down that missed shot or turnover becomes an EASY basket the other way because we went the other way.. don't want to be docked for bad transition offense

Sometimes if I can see it might happen I'll start calling for the ball and get lucky enough to have the ball thrown back out to me to save a possession

Last edited by DHMN69; 05-11-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #4677
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Here's a NEW one.. it's game 3 of the Wolves series against Portland.. we're at home now tied at 1 game each..

Middle of 2nd quarter... my SF is doing like game 1.. getting rebounds and buckets.. not gonna go off for 67 points THIS time.. but:

I just got changed to the PG.. I have just 1 turnover in the first half, unlike the usual 4-5.. sometimes more when the game decides such.. I've NEVER been switched to PG with this player but now in game 3 of the first round???? I know we don't really have backup guards with Barea gone the season and Shved injured earlier.. but seriously.. with the roster messed up (D-Will still on the team trade for a Moute never was updated for some reason, as mentioned before) I blame 2K for this one. Hard enough to guard a SG sometimes.. let alone having to guard Lillard

Last edited by DHMN69; 05-11-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:34 PM   #4678
Rookie

Quote:
Lol u really have to manny how do u mange that many
I've got 7'1 PF on the clippers..Blake Griffin is injured, but when hes not they have him at the center. I've got brick wall which works wonders with Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford, they throw lobs for me constantly. I also have lockdown defender, defensive anchor, tenacious rebounder and finisher. Currently avg 24ppg, 11.6rpg, 3.2bpg. We're 12-4 so far, this team is great. My rating is a 88 on superstar difficulty.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2014, 12:43 AM   #4679
Rookie

Spoke too soon on the Thunder. Game 2 I had a 20pt lead at the half, with Westbrook having gone down with a 2-4 week injury in the 2nd quarter. But I had to save and exit out, and upon resuming the game later our momentum (momentum is fubar in this game) is all gone and the Thunder are able to get a couple of quick buckets. We end up turning it over like 20 times in the 2nd half, and go into the 4th down by 15. I manage to get it close, much thanks to 7 blocks in the 4th (with momentum on their side, I'm now the only player on my team who plays defense), and get the go-ahead basket with 11 seconds to go. They get the ball to Ibaka on the low block and me being desperate to save the game end up trying too hard and they get a goaltending call on the final shot of the game.

Westbrook's injury was wiped away after I exited out of that game, and he was back for the next one. Down 3-2 now after losing game 3, winning the 4th and losing by 1 in game 5. The team plays it's best basketball when everyone's involved but with teammates committing the silliest of mistakes I find myself hogging the ball and wanting to finish every single possession. Gonna try to equip "Heart and Soul" in place of "Alpha Dog" to try and see if it makes a difference 'cause so far the runs the Thunder have gone on is what's buried us.

Has to be said, there are alot of headscratchers in this game but I can't remember being so locked in with a game since FFVII.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #4680
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

So I upgraded to the ps4 version when I got my ps4 ladt week and started a new myplayer. WTF is up with this mode. I think the scripted events are kinda cool although cheesy as hell. But im sitting here as the sixth man only getting 28 mins a game and the minutes are not increasing. On top of that, I just went for 34 pts, 8 dimes, and 7 boards in 24 minutes with an A+ teammate grade and coach calls me in to his office and says hes gonna reduce my minutes because im not making an impact. F the Wolves man... how the hell do I get traded?

Oh and Kevin Martin needs to stop being such a douche. His *** should be riding the pine.

Last edited by CC; 05-12-2014 at 05:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »