Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2014, 05:53 PM   #4681
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
So I upgraded to the ps4 version when I got my ps4 ladt week and started a new myplayer. WTF is up with this mode. I think the scripted events are kinda cool although cheesy as hell. But im sitting here as the sixth man only getting 28 mins a game and the minutes are not increasing. On top of that, I just went for 34 pts, 8 dimes, and 7 boards in 24 minutes with an A+ teammate grade and coach calls me in to his office and says hes gonna reduce my minutes because im not making an impact. F the Wolves man... how the hell do I get traded?

Oh and Kevin Martin needs to stop being such a douche. His *** should be riding the pine.
1. No start till around 30+ games
2. When the GM discussion comes up it should say ask for trade after u've played enough games

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 11:41 PM   #4682
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

So I start game 4 vs Portland, up 2 games to 1.. and IMMEDIATELY I'm cold again.. consistency almost maxed and I start cold.. get hot sometime in 3rd quarter and finish cold.. umm ok.. I missed 2 shots WHILE being fouled.. which don't count as shot attempts and I get the cold shooter icon.. yay

Another pathetic game after winning a game in the series.. we're getting smoked by Portland, down by 16 in the second quarter just like after winning game one, now Portland makes everything and blows by all the defense for layup after layup.. and blocked shot on defense over and over again. The only thing consistent is how much I'm blown out by the next game after winning a game so far in playoffs.. home court or otherwise doesn't mean anything

Started second half down 19..every time I get the Portland lead down to 9 points.. their guards take over.. Pekovic and Budinger keep RUNNING AWAY from them in the lane and give up an uncontested layup.. yeah.. that's really going to happen in the NBA playoffs.. It's getting seriously EASY to tell in the first quarter of a game if you have ANY shot to win or not

Serious b.s. just happened.. got the lead TIED at 90 despite being down by 21 total at one point with 3 minutes left..and teammates STOPPED SHOOTING completely once it was tied and we're down by 14 again.. I bet I win game 5 in Portland by like 25 points. then lose games 6 AND 7.

The worst part of this whole playoff is the finals.. I could see if it were sort of close games since it's supposed to be the playoffs.. with the 4 and 5 seeds going at it. but nope:
Game 1 128-112 win on the road
Game 2 122-112 loss on the road
Game 3 119-95 win at home
Game 4 116-104 loss at home (I set the controller down and it turned over on a pillow, and I got a rebound and shot at the buzzer with the right stick pushed I guess when I watched the last 15 seconds)

XBox: DHMNPhotos

Last edited by DHMN69; 05-13-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #4683
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
So I upgraded to the ps4 version when I got my ps4 ladt week and started a new myplayer. WTF is up with this mode. I think the scripted events are kinda cool although cheesy as hell. But im sitting here as the sixth man only getting 28 mins a game and the minutes are not increasing. On top of that, I just went for 34 pts, 8 dimes, and 7 boards in 24 minutes with an A+ teammate grade and coach calls me in to his office and says hes gonna reduce my minutes because im not making an impact. F the Wolves man... how the hell do I get traded?

Oh and Kevin Martin needs to stop being such a douche. His *** should be riding the pine.
Just wait until the coach tells the GM he's going to start you and the GM tells you he told the coach you weren't ready

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 05-13-2014, 02:37 AM   #4684
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1

I recently upgraded my all-around 6'7 207 PG's 3 point shooting to 85 and added level 1 catch and shoot, level 2 shot creator and level 2 deadeye... only to go 7 for my next 37 from 3.

I'm now shooting 22.9% from 3-point range. I mainly follow the screener on a pick to get separation or catch and shoot when the defense sags. My last game, my only 3 came with 7.1 to go (1-9, most attempts I've had, because I started to get frustrated) to put us up 91-90. They hit a layup in 3 seconds. We lost on my 9th 3pt attempt after I called a TO.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:00 AM   #4685
Just started!

I have a question,I choose the white super agent in my 1st season,but he don't give me the BIG 5000 endorsement.so,When can I get?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #4686
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkkkkk12
I have a question,I choose the white super agent in my 1st season,but he don't give me the BIG 5000 endorsement.so,When can I get?
big 5000? which one are you referring to?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #4687
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks man!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #4688
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Just wait until the coach tells the GM he's going to start you and the GM tells you he told the coach you weren't ready
Too bad there is not an option to punch him in his smug face.
Kansas State Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »