Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #4737
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Pervy agent tries to buy off T-Mac.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 05-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #4738
MVP

OVR: 13

In my 3rd season with my overall 97 rated center. The last 2 years I CARRIED the Knicks to the playoffs only to loose in game 7 in the second round(both years) . After a dismal off season where my team got WORSE I had enough. I asked for a trade. I went through 2 teams but the 3rd time was a charm. I landed on the Thunder. Finished with #2seed in West and I won my first MVP award (Durant won the last 2). Playoffs beginning and dang it we better win the chip or my feelings will really be hurt.

I play on Superstar by the way. HOF made me want to kill puppies.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #4739
Rookie

OVR: 0

LeBron is an assist machine. Kobe on the other hand doesn't do much.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #4740
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
In my 3rd season with my overall 97 rated center. The last 2 years I CARRIED the Knicks to the playoffs only to loose in game 7 in the second round(both years) . After a dismal off season where my team got WORSE I had enough. I asked for a trade. I went through 2 teams but the 3rd time was a charm. I landed on the Thunder. Finished with #2seed in West and I won my first MVP award (Durant won the last 2). Playoffs beginning and dang it we better win the chip or my feelings will really be hurt.

I play on Superstar by the way. HOF made me want to kill puppies.

Nice. I'm in my 4th season and DRose and Kevin Durant have alternated MVPs. I'm in first place right now, but I'm only playing key games (don't have time for all 82)... so hopefully I can hold onto the MVP.

Superstar as well... HOF isn't necessarily harder, the CPU just literally shoots 90%. It's kind of dumb.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:54 AM   #4741
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Here's a first... I actually broke Chandler Parsons' ankle.. instead of just with a crossover and saying it.. he actually went down when I drove by him for a layup in game 1 of the West semi's .. FIRST time I've seen *ANY* injury in 2k14 that wasn't a random injury on a jumper where nobody would ever get hurt in real life.

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 01:05 AM   #4742
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyacecandy

Superstar as well... HOF isn't necessarily harder, the CPU just literally shoots 90%. It's kind of dumb.

EXACTLY. My first 2 seasons were on HOF....didn't impact me but my teammates seem to get dumber and the CPU would rain 3s like water. Dang shame.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:56 AM   #4743
Rookie

andyacecandy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
EXACTLY. My first 2 seasons were on HOF....didn't impact me but my teammates seem to get dumber and the CPU would rain 3s like water. Dang shame.
Yeah... it just sucks because now I'm at over 90% team chemistry so my teammates are playing really well together and we're winning games by double digits while on Superstar (34-6 right now).

I know if I turned it to HOF, games could be closer... but only because CPU would drain 3s all day.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #4744
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0

After playing most of a full rookie season as a 6'4 pg and then maxing him out to play park because I felt too dominant and the mode got stale to me. I made a shorter realistic version at 5'10 and enjoyed not being able to score as often in the paint and relying on jump shots, I realized its too much workrunning the offense because my teammates aren't reliable. Made a sf but he felt too slow but still too dominant. So I made a 6'6 SG and am still dominant but feel justified because that's the natural scoring position. Instead of running the offense and trying to space the floor I can mostly run up the court, cut towards the ball handler and try to make a play. I can stay out of the plays better since I'm not feverishly trying to reset before the shot clock runs out. All in all, I feel better about being on a team. I can take over when I need to at the end of games and try and keep it close early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »