Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #5001
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
You can't choose your roster, and there are no sliders in My Career. As far as play style, I would generally recommend All-Around for just about any position. The ratings caps are only lower in a few attributes, and actually tied for the most part.
So correct me if I'm wrong. You're saying I can update the roster? I don't mean trading players around to different teams. I just want to get the most up-to-date roster before starting the my career mode.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 05:26 PM   #5002
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye_Guy
So correct me if I'm wrong. You're saying I can update the roster? I don't mean trading players around to different teams. I just want to get the most up-to-date roster before starting the my career mode.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
The roster is current, you get 2k's roster. He meant you can't choose a player-made roster.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #5003
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnickNation17
About to hit the offseason after my first season. I'm on the Timberwolves but I want to get traded. From what I hear you don't get a gm sitdown until pretty far into your second season. Is that true? If so I hear you get a GM sitdown sometime in the middle of the offseason but it seems as if that happens after the Lebron talk about teaming up. I dont want to team up with him but it seems like you if you request a trade during the sitdown after the Lebron talk you automatically get traded to the Heat and I dont want that.

Will I be automatically traded to the Heat if I request a trade during that mid offseason sitdown after the Lebron talk? Or is it still possible for me to get traded to any team?

Thanks
You get a gm meeting before the first game. And no you don't automatically go to the heat or whatever team LeBron ends up on.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #5004
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Kansas State Wildcats
Old 06-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #5005
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok so I'm creating a new MyCareer to try out the "getting traded to your favorite team" trick. I created a 7'0 270lb nightmare back to basket Center. Full intention of going to the Spurs. So I create my dude and head off to the rookie showcase. I've done this crap so many times it's painful, but I do the cutscenes and I'm giving positive answers. Then a few things I've seen many times start to annoy me more than usual.

1. We win tipoff. Miss. They score. Objective pops up to score 10 points in 1st quarter. Ok so uhh... I know I'm not the best at this game, but I'm not horrible. But how in holy hell am I supposed to get 10 points in the 1Q? 8 minute quarters, I'll be subbed out around 2:00 left, so I got 6 minutes to score 10 points. All the while being wide open and not getting the ball passed to me. I finished the 1Q with 4 points and 4 rebounds. 2 points from an Offensive rebound putback, and 2 from the FT line. Other than getting the rebounds, I think I touched the ball 2 times. So... how's a center supposed to do this?

2. They finally fixed it so the players are actually rookies. No more Lillard and Davis in the Rookie Showcase.

3. I get an objective to get the lead by halftime. Yeah, not gonna happen when your team is horrible. Hard to take over Lebron-style when they don't pass it to you also.

4. 3Q starts. Objective: Go on 6-0 run. They inbound, walk up court and score. Objective Failed. Well damn that was awesome. Again, not too helpful that my team plays zero defense.

5. Jackson Ellis outplayed me. I ended with 12 points, 12 rebounds, 1 block, 1 turnover. He had 16 points, 12 rebounds, 1 block, 2 steals, 0 turnovers. So naturally he gloated after the game. I hate him so much.:\

6. I did my personality test, and did 2 interviews. Jazz and T-Wolves. T-Wolves sounded more fun but i answered both very positively. I get to the draft and am drafted to the T-Wolves. I was drafted before Ellis which surprised me since he did do better than me. Oh well, must be those intangables.:P

Off to start my season now. Hopefully I can do this trick and get to the Spurs before I get bored and stop playing again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #5006
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

12 rebounds is pretty good for someone 7' or over the way the rebounding is in this game.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 06-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #5007
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

Kansas State Wildcats
Old 06-22-2014, 12:56 AM   #5008
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyld
Ok so I'm creating a new MyCareer to try out the "getting traded to your favorite team" trick. I created a 7'0 270lb nightmare back to basket Center. Full intention of going to the Spurs. So I create my dude and head off to the rookie showcase. I've done this crap so many times it's painful, but I do the cutscenes and I'm giving positive answers. Then a few things I've seen many times start to annoy me more than usual.

1. We win tipoff. Miss. They score. Objective pops up to score 10 points in 1st quarter. Ok so uhh... I know I'm not the best at this game, but I'm not horrible. But how in holy hell am I supposed to get 10 points in the 1Q? 8 minute quarters, I'll be subbed out around 2:00 left, so I got 6 minutes to score 10 points. All the while being wide open and not getting the ball passed to me. I finished the 1Q with 4 points and 4 rebounds. 2 points from an Offensive rebound putback, and 2 from the FT line. Other than getting the rebounds, I think I touched the ball 2 times. So... how's a center supposed to do this?

2. They finally fixed it so the players are actually rookies. No more Lillard and Davis in the Rookie Showcase.

3. I get an objective to get the lead by halftime. Yeah, not gonna happen when your team is horrible. Hard to take over Lebron-style when they don't pass it to you also.

4. 3Q starts. Objective: Go on 6-0 run. They inbound, walk up court and score. Objective Failed. Well damn that was awesome. Again, not too helpful that my team plays zero defense.

5. Jackson Ellis outplayed me. I ended with 12 points, 12 rebounds, 1 block, 1 turnover. He had 16 points, 12 rebounds, 1 block, 2 steals, 0 turnovers. So naturally he gloated after the game. I hate him so much.:\

6. I did my personality test, and did 2 interviews. Jazz and T-Wolves. T-Wolves sounded more fun but i answered both very positively. I get to the draft and am drafted to the T-Wolves. I was drafted before Ellis which surprised me since he did do better than me. Oh well, must be those intangables.:P

Off to start my season now. Hopefully I can do this trick and get to the Spurs before I get bored and stop playing again.
I hope they fixed the glitch where 7'0 mycareer guys can't get boards and blocks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »