Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
did you shed some money to start this deal?
It said I did but when I looked I didnt notice any vc missing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Old 11-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #498
Pro

Just got traded to the Thunder! I'm good for the rest of my career!

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Old 11-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #499
Pro

This is interesting. Playing for the kings I had it on superstar/sim. Got traded to the thunder and superstar was too easy. Turned it up to HOF. I'm guessing the additions of Westbrook and Durant are really contributing to my game.

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Old 11-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #500
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
My pg finally cracked the starting lineup for the hawks but they have me at sf. I don't want to ask for a trade because it will ruin the mode for me. If I knew they still had this bad logic in the game I wouldn't have wasted my time.
you made what position?
Old 11-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #501
Rookie

SMH if they're going to give everyone the same, scripted storyline, at least give me the cut scenes when they make sense. I had to do the 50 FT thing after i made 4 FTs straight in the final minute of the previous game to give us the win
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #502
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatingkitchen
SMH if they're going to give everyone the same, scripted storyline, at least give me the cut scenes when they make sense. I had to do the 50 FT thing after i made 4 FTs straight in the final minute of the previous game to give us the win
Yah but did you miss 2 in a row in the same game before you made the 4 consecutive?
Old 11-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #503
Rookie

OVR: 4

Overall, I really enjoy the game, but, again, playing off-ball in MyCareer is frustrating as can be.

Entry passes: Good point guards are incapable of making easy entry passes. Westbrook stands at the top of the key dribbling for 10+ seconds while Durant has his guy sealed off at the elbow and the play breaks because Westbrook won't make the pass for some reason. This happens to my opponents as well, making it easier to defend them.

Rebounding: The big-man rebounding is worse, if anything, than any version of last-gen. I have a 7' athletic center with maxed physical attributes and rebounding (building him as a role-playing bruiser center like Pekovic). I can get 9-10 rebounds one game and 1-2 rebounds the next. The reaction time for big-men is incredibly sluggish, often taking two seconds for my player to move from a box-out animation toward the ball after a button press. That same problem doesn't happen for pg through small forward. Their reaction times are immediate with the button press, or nearly so.

The recovery times from a shot contest are far too long as well. I will play hands-up in the post and cause a miss only to be pushed fifteen feet away from the basket and be unable to contest the easy bunny after the shooter gets his own board.

Boxing out still seems to do nothing. I had Kevin Garnett boxed out on the left side of the basket and the rebound was coming down on the right side outside the key. Garnett slid ten feet to grab the offensive board, shoving me completely out of the way and into a stumbling animation, and then scored to win the game. It feels like the rebounding is still scripted. You can get a rebound only as long as the game says nobody else is going to get it.

Positioning and proper boxing out tend not to matter at all in situations where the game has decided that it doesn't.

CPU players are still psychic, moving to where the rebound is going to go even before the shot goes up.

I still get pushed out to the three point line on a boxout by such rebounding dynamos as Kyle Korver.

Playcalling: I have playcalling set to auto, but the CPU doesn't call plays at all. There will be times that I see playvision symbols at the opponent's end of the court when we are on offense. I imagine this could change with on-court coach, but I don't want to have to have a sig skill in order to play team basketball. I also can't imagine Scotty Brooks allowing his rebounding, defensive center to call plays with Westbrook and Durant on the floor.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #504
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
Playcalling: I have playcalling set to auto, but the CPU doesn't call plays at all. There will be times that I see playvision symbols at the opponent's end of the court when we are on offense. I imagine this could change with on-court coach, but I don't want to have to have a sig skill in order to play team basketball. I also can't imagine Scotty Brooks allowing his rebounding, defensive center to call plays with Westbrook and Durant on the floor.
Hello! I was about to post the same problem here somewhere. I have play calling set to AUTO and all Play Vision on FULL, but I rarely see plays called on court. Sometimes they appear, but often are broken in a matter of seconds. I noticed that play badges don't appear in the top corner like they do in MyGM mode or quick game, both in offense and defense. And NEVER a play is called as soon as the ball is inbounded at the start of an action.

At the personality test cutscene I was asked if I'd like to have COACH or PLAYER to call plays. I selected COACH. Can this have something to do with this glitch or is simply something that needs patching?

In other modes auto play calling works fine. In MyCareer I play as SF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »