Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #5097
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveBeast
1. if u actually like the team u picked at the beginning you could do the method to get there

2. If you just feel like getting shipped to a random squad you could just ask for a trade

3. I don't recommend staying put bc you could lose all the fun of playing that save. However, the trade process could be a pain...

For example, my sf got drafted to the bobcats too and I got them a ring by putting up 50+ a game and hated it. So I got traded to Memphis and hated that too so it became a chore to foul out of key games just to speed up the process of being traded again. Long story short, about 3 teams and 2 wasted seasons later I'm on a solid raptors squad in a fresh season going 5-1.

it's all about enjoying it so do what will make it more fun for you. Hope this helps a bit.
Honestly, I wish I had selected the Clippers or 76ers as the I wanted to get drafted by because I'd love to play with Chris Paul or MCW. Unfortunately, I picked the Cavs cuz I wanted to go #1. That was before I knew that the team you picked NEVER drafts you!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 12:55 AM   #5098
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKbball14
Honestly, I wish I had selected the Clippers or 76ers as the I wanted to get drafted by because I'd love to play with Chris Paul or MCW. Unfortunately, I picked the Cavs cuz I wanted to go #1. That was before I knew that the team you picked NEVER drafts you!!!
I don't think you can even get drafted at 1...On the bright side, Cavs have a lot of peices to work with. Kyrie is a beast, and the Pfs they have u can outshine easily. And getting traded to either one of those isn't impossible.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:06 AM   #5099
Rookie

Kyrie is the only one I'd like playing with there. In Philly, I can team up with Nerlens Noel & we can press the crap out of people. In LA, I can get them to move Griffin to the 5 & that'd be a deadly trio.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #5100
Just started!

After hundreds of gametime hours i've decided to compile this list (may contain spoilers). At the very least to get some issues off my chest

They are in no particular order, however #5 is my biggest bugbear

1. Changes to playvision settings are not retained after quitting the game. Everytime I start the game I have to go in and tweak these settings to how I had it before.

2. There is no facility to set global settings against your profile. Ie. shooting animations, quarter length, difficulty setting, playvision, etc. Everytime I create a new career I have to customise the play settings all over again. You should be able to lock in settings to your profile or during the creation of your MyPlayer.

3. After playing through a full season as a rookie and winning rookie of the year, there was no awards presentation screen or notification that rookie of the year was won. It cuts straight to a 1v1 game with Jackson Ellis notifying me for the first time I had one rookie of the year. There ARE award screens in MyGM that would be entirely suitable for MyCareer. It looks to be a design error if anything.

I don’t think there was a VC reward for rookie of the year awarded. The season transition happened so fast and without fanfair that I didn’t notice (and I was looking for it).

There is no way to skip movies in MyCareer. The only movie that can be skipped throughout the whole game is the ‘welcome to the team’ movie played during contract signing after the Draft. It roughly takes on average 1 hour before MyPlayer starts to play for his team off the bench.

Decision points in MyCareer that pop up during the game (e.g. taking a foul for another player, or stepping in after a hard foul) are susceptible to button spam causing the wrong decision to be taken. There needs to be a confirmation screen or a button lockout for 3 seconds after the decision screen pop ups. This typically happens when I am skipping through game events such as free throw animations or out of bound sequences – all of a sudden I’ve skipped through a career decision point while trying to skip the cut-scenes.

Dynamic goals need to be relevant to the player position and player type. Ie. asking a player to score 10 straight points and he is a defensive centre is just silly. Unless you are a PG you normally fail the dynamic goal without even touching the ball – your own team mates scoring free throws will also fail this goal. Another example is where asked to lockdown a player, but the game has you matchup’ed against a different player on D.

Sometimes in MyGM, I do not get paid for games I have played. I haven’t been able to replicate exactly how this occurs, but I guarantee it does (even after playing 12 minute quarters).

It would be nice to be able to view your player type attributes when creating a new career. Currently the first time you can view attributes is on the plane on the way to the rookie showcase; and because you can’t skip movies this is effectively 5 minutes after you’ve finished creating it.

Apart from the very first MyCareer game after installing NBA2K14, I have never received a draft bonus. I’ve started about 30-50 different careers and always receive 0 VC, no matter whether I am drafted 4th or 24th.

In MyCareer, every scrimmage game starts in pause-mode, except for the scrimmage game where you have an argument with your teammate. This needs to also start in pause mode. Sometimes I’ve been away from the screen only to come back having missed the whole thing with a million time wasting fouls and having missed the timed decision point as well.

When wearing MyChamp gear that gives stat boosts, there is no way to view the stat boost except in one of the 12 screens under your playercard. It would be much better if the bonus stat was indicated in all attribute screens as a bracket. E.g. Stamina 85(+5) when wearing an undershirt, etc.

When marking someone really close near the baseline (e.g. SG on SG), if you have 1 foot out of bounds you eventually suffer a team grade hit for ‘leaving assignment’ even though you are in the leaning animation on him.

9 out of 10 times during the MyCareer moment when one of the veteran players is screaming for the ball during an inbounds play, he is not in camera shot – you can’t even see him.

There is no option in MyGM to watch your team play without having to participate (ie. PC vs. PC mode). It should not be unreasonable to think that those wanting to play MyGM may not want to actually play the game, but rather call plays and manage points of emphasis, subs and strategy from the sideline only.

It would be awesome if as a GM you could set dynamic goals for your players in-game like they do for us in MyCareer (ie. a reciprocal function). Perhaps limit the number of goals you can set a player or the whole team (e.g. 1 per quarter) or as they achieve the goals it opens up other goals.

As a PG, team mates do not perform any screens based on their own initiative. They only screen as part of a set plays or if you specifically request one. There is room for improvement in the AI in this regard.

It would be nice to import your MyPlayer into the rosters or draft class of MyGM.

It would be nice to see the attribute gains during the season in MyGM mode. Perhaps similar to how they do it in the player card in FIFA with a (+4 or -4) style against each attribute.

It would be nice to have the option to be locked into playing specific players in MyGM mode (not just specific positions).
Old 07-01-2014, 03:23 AM   #5101
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

OVR: 4

Asking a trade in my career is like pointless. The chart that shows you which team interests in you doesn't mean anything. They just put you in some random crap team. I was in timberwolf and they told me i'm being traded to timberwolf lol This game is broke as hell like every year.

Last edited by ekferio; 07-01-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 03:59 AM   #5102
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKbball14

Playing with MCW isn't great. He's a good passer but he's afraid to do anything else really. If you feel like restarting, you can tank the showcase and get drafted by Cleveland at pick 19. Just remember to not select them as your favorite lol.
Oh, and you can't go top 3 btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #5103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekferio
Asking a trade in my career is like pointless. The chart that shows you which team interests in you doesn't mean anything. They just put you in some random crap team. I was in timberwolf and they told me i'm being traded to timberwolf lol This game is broke as hell like every year.
That's a rare occasion about being traded to the team you're already on and in most cases you get traded to one of the teams that have a green bar on the chart. Being traded to a solid team is possible. Next time if you close the game before it saves, you'll get a different team when you boot back up
Old 07-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #5104
Rookie

Quote:
1. Changes to playvision settings are not retained after quitting the game. Everytime I start the game I have to go in and tweak these settings to how I had it before.
This one really drives me nuts, every single game I have to change my camera zoom, it even asks if I want to save the settings but each game you have to reset it. Same with the Show All plays and a few other settings under options.

Id also like to have more control over which playbook the team uses etc. I get that u are suppose to be a player, but come on its a game give us some more control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »