Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #505
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Or they want us to earn our spots like actual NBA players and not take the easy way out
After playing about 10 games, the option will come up when you go to gm's office and he asks you how are you feeling about the team this point of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #506
Rookie

BigDaneAyMane's Arena

OVR: 1

Please help!

My 7 ft face up PF has YET to dunk! My vert maxes out at 65 and I have raised my Dunk to 84 and Standing Dunk to 77.

I hate spending all my vc on my dunk rating, but it feels so unrealistic not being able to dunk at all. I'm worried 2k capped the vert too low and my player will never dunk! The ratings I have now should be more than enough to dunk.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #507
MVP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku_IQD6tAr0

This video by chris smoove kinda has me worried. Just watch the end with the scene. He put up good number and was player of the game but due to the scripting and having to follow such a "brilliant" story, the coach said he didn't do that good and needs to cut his minutes. I hope this is just some kind of glitch or something. The whole storyline thing interfering with the actual gameplay is pissing me off. I don't know why 2k thought making a cliche storyline with unnecessary drama and events that script gameplay sequences was a good idea.

I'm gonna be really annoyed if this happens to me, i'm supposed to be getting close to starting(coach said he thinks i'm ready). Nobody asked for a storyline, especially one that makes some sequences predetermined no matter what lol.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #508
Rookie

OVR: 4

So now that I've broken into the starting lineup, I'm now playing the entire second half. Is this happening to anyone else?
Old 11-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #509
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by weylum
So now that I've broken into the starting lineup, I'm now playing the entire second half. Is this happening to anyone else?
Something similar. And i end up having no stamina in the last few minutes of the game thanks to this -_-
Old 11-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #510
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by weylum
Yes. Coach substitution pattern issues are still a problem from 2k13 and before. I'd love to see a proper rotation for a 36 mpg guy where you play the first 8 and last 8 of every half (or close to it.) It shouldn't be that hard to implement.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #511
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatingkitchen
Something similar. And i end up having no stamina in the last few minutes of the game thanks to this -_-
Exactly. Almost forces you to use the Gatorade sig skill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #512
Rookie

Yea, instead of making a cutscene where my coach reduces my minutes and is not happy with my level of play even though i had a double double and got player of the game, maybe they could've taken some time to fix the rotations problems.(which were around since 2k11 iirc)....
I don't have the gatorade sig smill in 2k14, but in 2k13 i would just get more minutes so the end result would still be the same

Also CPU teammate logic is still stupid - even on HOF

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »