Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #5161
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Kansas State Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #5162
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
Honestly contemplating losing the playoffs on purpose. Playing with the with no shooters because all of my shooters got injured taking jumpshots (they better change that in 2K15) makes the game kinda boring. I have centers who are standing in the corner waiting to take a 3 lol. I really wish they would have added in that feature from last-gen where you could pick 5 or so guys that you want your GM to go after.
I haven't played very deep into MyCareer yet to see if that option is still available but it sounds like it isn't. That was one thing I really did like about MyCareer & made me more invested in the team that drafted me. I think it's a realistic feature if you're the heart of the franchise to allow you to provide input on who you'd like to play with. Case in point: The Miami Big 3, Derrick Rose, etc.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #5163
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKbball14
I haven't played very deep into MyCareer yet to see if that option is still available but it sounds like it isn't. That was one thing I really did like about MyCareer & made me more invested in the team that drafted me. I think it's a realistic feature if you're the heart of the franchise to allow you to provide input on who you'd like to play with. Case in point: The Miami Big 3, Derrick Rose, etc.
It's not in 2k14
Old 07-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #5164
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple_moose7664
So has the free agency bug been fixed yet?

I'm not buying 2k15 just because they put no effort into fixing this. It's absurd they put out an awful product and can get away with it. This is what happens when all they care about is VC.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #5165
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
I'm not buying 2k15 just because they put no effort into fixing this. It's absurd they put out an awful product and can get away with it. This is what happens when all they care about is VC.
Can we not turn this into a complain thread please? yes 2k has problems, but y'all been complaining about this stuff since it came out last October. There's no FA, and there's not gonna be FA in 2k14. I still enjoy 2k thoroughly and so do many others. It's not perfect-far from it, but it could have been worse. I have confidence that they're going to get better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #5166
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Sorry for posting the reality of the situation.

That's the problem right there. Accept the game with its flaws and keep giving them money.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:53 PM   #5167
Rookie

OVR: 4

Then, as you've decided, don't give them your money. If enough people also don't give them their money, the message will be sent. As we've all said countless times about this game, currency talks.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #5168
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

I received the cut-scene where your agent tells you that you can get the Kia endorsement up if you win 6 out of your next 10.

I dismantled the Lakers pretty easily. Lost on a last second shot to the GSW, in which they got two offensive rebounds before hitting he gw 3. That was heartbreaking. Lost to the Ellis and the Pelicans, blocked a last second driving lay-up, only for Jrue to pick it up and put in for two plus the foul. Heartbreaking.

Now I'm playing the Bucks and I can't finish the game for the life of me. I've tried twice now, the first game was good until the second where they made five 3's in a row and I missed two lay-ups and my teammates kept bricking open shots. We were winning the second game until I went out for about two minutes. Came back in and we were down 15, and they were in god mode.

This game can be so fun yet head-scratching, controller throwing bad.

Edit: Finally finished it. Had a 2 point lead with about a minute remaining, Delfino at the top of the key with Calderon on him. Pump fakes three times and then drains it. On the way down Salmons gets the ball and immediately bricks a three. I finished with 65 points on 73% shooting. Unreal

Last edited by AshamanCarnage; 07-05-2014 at 12:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »