Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-09-2014, 03:35 AM   #5225
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
Sorry, but I'm a recent PS4 buyer so I'm new to this, but some of this is definitely scripted, right?

Because I just had a weird scenario play out:

16 games into my career and my minutes are up to 28 a game in a 6th man role for the 76ers. However, for some inexplicable reason I didn't play the entire 3rd quarter. At halftime we were up 7 but in the 3rd quarter we apparently got outscored 34-13 and were down by 14 to start the 4th quarter.

I played the entire 4th quarter with a dynamic goal of bringing the team back to win. I was able to bring us all the way back and tie the game at 101-101 with 3.1 seconds to go, and it said in the upper right hand corner. Even in the postgame presser they asked me what it felt like to bring the team all the way back for the win....even though we didn't win. Jameer Nelson hit a 30 foot three at the buzzer and the Magic won 104-101.

Of course is still registered as a loss in the W/L column, so there's that.
That's as close as I've ever heard that someone won that game in the script
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 03:57 AM   #5226
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69

I got a triple double.. 17 pts 10 assists and 14 rebounds.. and BARELY got a C grade for the game.. BARELY, meaning I would have been at a C- grade with a tipped pass or ANYTHING else happening.. OH and the team lost by nearly 20 again..
I just scored 72 points with 8 assists and 9 rebounds on 68% shooting, and we lost by 15+.

It is so infuriating. I try to limit myself on scoring but when I see the CPU go into god mode I try to keep up but it rarely works.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:01 AM   #5227
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
That's as close as I've ever heard that someone won that game in the script
Like people never come back and win or almost win?

Stupid how I lost, too. I thought, at the very least, it was going to go to OT after I hit a streaking Thaddeus Young down the right side for a game tying layup with 3.1 seconds to go. Then they set like 3 screens for Jameer Nelson (my man, I'm a PG) and I can't get out to contest his 30-footer which, of course, goes in.

Quarter started with the Magic keeping the lead around 12-15 points for the first four minutes, but then I go on a mini-run to get it down to 7-points with about 6:00 to go. At one point, I thought I had it when I kicked to an open James Anderson for a 3-pointer with about 5:00 minutes to go to make it a 4-point game, but Orlando quickly pushed the lead back out to 8-points and the lead stayed in the 7-9 point range until about the 3 minute mark where all heck broke loose.

- Jason Richardson gets a steal up top (off a double team with me) and gets an uncontested dunk to make it a 6-point game.

- Thaddeus Young and I force a steal on another double team on the next possession. He gets an uncontested dunk to make it a 4-point game.

- Get a stop on Orlando's next possession and I get loose in the halfcourt an drill an open 3-pointer to make it a 1-point game. At this point there was about 1:30 left in the game.

- Magic go down and score to push it back out to a 3-point cushion.

- I go down and hit another 3-pointer off a ball screen to tie the game with about 1:00 to go.

- We trade baskets until the end where Nelson hit the game winning 3-pointer at the buzzer.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:22 AM   #5228
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
I just scored 72 points with 8 assists and 9 rebounds on 68% shooting, and we lost by 15+.

It is so infuriating. I try to limit myself on scoring but when I see the CPU go into god mode I try to keep up but it rarely works.
With the PG I just created that ended up on the Hawks.. it's no even about 'god mode' in THIS career.. every time we miss a shot the other team gets a fast break bucket.. only time there's half court defense to play is when we make a basket.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #5229
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sup y'all. I was just wondering what the best play style for a SF is? Getting kind of bored with my Scoring PG, and I'm looking to start fresh.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #5230
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea8vity
Sup y'all. I was just wondering what the best play style for a SF is? Getting kind of bored with my Scoring PG, and I'm looking to start fresh.
athletic imo
Old 07-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #5231
Rookie

Kid32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage

God mode seems to have disappeared in my career. Never changed from Hall of Fame difficulty. God mode from the cpu was rather common early in the career, seasons 1 through to 3 but following season 4 it has seemed to stop. No need to drop 60 anymore, rather 25 to 30 points and we can win. Currently in season 7 though so being so far into the career could have something to do with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #5232
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveBeast
athletic imo
I agree that athletic is the best playstyle. However, for my career I have had a more enjoyable excperience with the point forward. That way you can have some control over the offense without having to buy the glitchy signature skill for 10K VC. IMO, The teamate AI is so lame that controling the offense is a requirement for this mode. Unless, of course, you are willing to take over, grab the ball and score 80 points a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »