Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-15-2014, 02:17 AM   #5329
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Just entered a game vs. Sacramento with 2 minutes left in the first quarter..and the Hawks have.. 7 points... that's NOT a typo.. down 22-7 10 minutes in and it's now 24-9 after the first quarter.. REALLY 2K?

Cut the huge lead down to 8 in the 2nd quarter only to have the Kings go on a monster run and go up by 15 again at the half.... they're not up by 23 because I've started getting the 2K turnover bug ..none in the first half.. 4 in about a 3 minute span of the 3rd quarter.. all open guys.. icon passing where the open player.. who's even waving.. gets the pass jumped by his defender for an easy fast break the other way.

Another odd stat.. the Hawks have 9 offensive boards, 2 of those by my 6'0 PG.. and 2 second chance points, again by my PG.. the rest of this team is worthless.. the Kings have 7 offensive boards and 16 second chance points.

Brand, Horford, and Millsap all shooting OVER 50% on the season.. because they still almost NEVER shoot.. I've lost count of how many times I've had to pass to Brand and Horfordin the post 4 times in one sequence where they finally won't throw it back to me.. that's NOT realistic at all. Teague won't shoot unless the shot clock is running down.. he stands wherever I pass to him and waits for the clock to run down.. I've even tried to set screens and he still stands there. Korver shoots ONE three a game.. while standing around the perimeter.. for shooting 4-5 a game in his real career.. the tendency is really messed up for him.

All this leads to another 20 point loss for the Hawks.. if I"m still on this Hawks team at the end of the season they'll EASILY break the 76ers 72-73 record of 9-73.. will be LUCKY to get 7 wins with only 3 still in 26 games.. if I can get traded I'm sure they'll go on a tear and win 25 or so after my PG is gone

Last edited by DHMN69; 07-15-2014 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:20 AM   #5330
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

For some reason replay only works about half the time.. but just had the most messed up situation ever..

We (Hawks) got 4 offensive rebounds in 15 seconds and Millsap and myself missed EVERY put back.. I can understand my PG is 6'0 but Millsap missed 3 shots RIGHT under the rim in the same sequence. We now have 17 offensive rebounds in the game.. and just 6 second chance points, of course by my PG.. the big guys are terrible

Got my 4th triple double in the 26 game (24th played) of the rookie season, WITHOUT a single win in ANY of them. Im my 4 triple double games the closest game was a 17 point loss

Got my first chance at a trade request and jumped on it.. the TWolves and Jazz are the teams with the most interest. Of course I randomly picked the Knicks as my 'favorite' for this career to see if my PG could shine passing to Melo, and they have ZERO interest..

Last edited by DHMN69; 07-15-2014 at 03:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:09 AM   #5331
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just wanted to get in the nerves of my GM before the trade so i told him to fire the coach. Next day i see coach is fired. smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #5332
Rookie

Oh wow this is tough. My SF got drafted to the Blazers, but I want to try the trade method to go to Chicago. My two favorite teams. Idk what to do.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #5333
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Just entered a game vs. Sacramento with 2 minutes left in the first quarter..and the Hawks have.. 7 points... that's NOT a typo.. down 22-7 10 minutes in and it's now 24-9 after the first quarter.. REALLY 2K?

Cut the huge lead down to 8 in the 2nd quarter only to have the Kings go on a monster run and go up by 15 again at the half.... they're not up by 23 because I've started getting the 2K turnover bug ..none in the first half.. 4 in about a 3 minute span of the 3rd quarter.. all open guys.. icon passing where the open player.. who's even waving.. gets the pass jumped by his defender for an easy fast break the other way.

Another odd stat.. the Hawks have 9 offensive boards, 2 of those by my 6'0 PG.. and 2 second chance points, again by my PG.. the rest of this team is worthless.. the Kings have 7 offensive boards and 16 second chance points.

Brand, Horford, and Millsap all shooting OVER 50% on the season.. because they still almost NEVER shoot.. I've lost count of how many times I've had to pass to Brand and Horfordin the post 4 times in one sequence where they finally won't throw it back to me.. that's NOT realistic at all. Teague won't shoot unless the shot clock is running down.. he stands wherever I pass to him and waits for the clock to run down.. I've even tried to set screens and he still stands there. Korver shoots ONE three a game.. while standing around the perimeter.. for shooting 4-5 a game in his real career.. the tendency is really messed up for him.

All this leads to another 20 point loss for the Hawks.. if I"m still on this Hawks team at the end of the season they'll EASILY break the 76ers 72-73 record of 9-73.. will be LUCKY to get 7 wins with only 3 still in 26 games.. if I can get traded I'm sure they'll go on a tear and win 25 or so after my PG is gone
You should start recording some of these games. It would help a lot to see it vs reading the descriptions.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #5334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Here's how truly pathetic this PG career with the Hawks is.. if the 3-22 record wasn't enough.. playing the Lakers.. they're shooting 38%.. 6 of 21 in 3's.. . fast break points are even.. and we're dominating the boards so Lakers aren't getting offensive rebounds.. instead the game has given them 10 steals.. and the Hawks WILL NOT SHOOT! Probably should be down 30 points with only 21 baskets in three quarters but down 62-50.

The best thing though.. the Hawks were up 9 when I came into the game with 4 minutes left in the first.. the game screws me over so bad that we're outscored by 11 in those 4 minutes and down 22-20 after the first quarter! My +/- is currently -15 because guys don't shoot or miss after I pass. The trade request can't come soon enough.. this blows

Last few possessions I can't even make an icon pass without it being tipped or stolen.. Hawks players turned their backs twice and got hit in the back by the pass also.. REALLY? Guess I should go back to by 44 PPG SF instead .. he's not on the Hawks
Are you going to get a trade? this sounds like torture.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #5335
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea8vity
Oh wow this is tough. My SF got drafted to the Blazers, but I want to try the trade method to go to Chicago. My two favorite teams. Idk what to do.
Blazers are a great team and we won a lot of games but had to go to my Bulls.
Kansas State Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #5336
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

i have a 6'9 point foward sf
got my dunk ratings up to 82 and i cant do a single dunk.
wtf is this mess??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »