Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #5393
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

MyPlayer goes to the park to a rap cypher.. he cuts quite the rap on the 2K developers.. he talks about ALOT of the issue we talk about in this thread, needless to say; HE WANTS CREW MODE!!!
Old 07-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #5394
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Finally got 20 rebounds in a game.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 07-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #5395
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

For the fourth time I was able to get to the Bulls using that trade method. Problem is they have the worst record so far, down to 50% chemistry and they moved me from the PF to SF. Still happy to be on the Bulls.
Kansas State Wildcats

Last edited by Magnus1959; 07-20-2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: chemistry wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 02:32 AM   #5396
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

So a few games back, after I got my steal rating maxed out, I realized I could pretty easily get 5-7 steals every game once I got my timing down. In a 10ish game stretch I got 10 steals one game and 11 steals another game. I was this close to a quadruple double (I'm a PG and the points and assists are never a problem). One game I thought I was going to get it because I had 9 rebounds entering the 4th quarter but wasn't able to corral another one the rest of the game. Was really frustrating because there was four or five times where I thought I had outjumped a teammate for a rebound only to see the ball fall into his hands instead (and it was a rebound "battle" with another guard -- James Anderson, MCW, or Jason Richardson).

Finally got a quadruple-double against the Bulls: 48 points, 18 assists, 13 rebounds, and 11 steals. Of course I fouled out in the process but we still won by 18 so it wasn't an issue. I looked it up and the steals record in a season is 301 by Alvin Robertson. My player has 252 steals on the season with 12 games to play. To get 302 steals I would have to average 4.2 steals per game the rest of the season. I think it's doable since I'm averaging 4.9 SPG over my last 20 games.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:42 AM   #5397
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Western conference final two against OKC I'm noticing a trend.. I blocked 3 mid-range jumpers by Durant.. each one was an offensive rebound for OKC that immediately was passed to Durant put up for a wide open made 3.. can't recover in time after a blocked shot that goes into the shooting team's hands.. I thought that was over in 2k13.. hadn't seen it very often at all in 2k14.

4th quarter starting, down 86-76 so I'm certain this game evens up the series at 1 game. Martin and Love still making shots from outside but twice the game has made *ME* a cold shooter out of the blue so 9 of 19 shooting for 21 in the first 3 quarters to Durant's 29. Nobody on the Wolves can guard Westbrook or Lamb in this game.. they just keep driving by and putting in easy layups. For a team that shoots as many 3's as they do.. even their season stats for THIS 2k team (4 guys averaging 4-5 attempts per game).. Durant's the only one shooting outside.. the rest just blow by the D

Soon as I typed that of course.. we're NOW down by 21 with 6 minutes left.. I can't hit a 3.. I forgot.. Durant social media challenged me to hit 3 three's in the game.. so of course I can't hit 3.. no matter HOW wide open.. 1 for 6 out there. Also the Thunder are unstoppable when the game decides they should start alley ooping.. they have 11 dunks in the game.. at least 8 of them alley-oops to Ibaka and Durant. I've never found a way to defend against the floating pass over or between 3 defenders that somehow the offensive guy comes up with for an easy slam through traffic.

It's only game 2 of the series and it'll be tied at 1 so obviously I'll get the news conference telling me we stole home court advantage but I can't see winning the series as the #7 seed.

OK.. so THIS game 2 has turned into to *SUCH* a joke that OKC now has 16 dunks.. 84 of 123 points in the paint.. .. but ONLY 18 fast break points.. no dunks on breakaways. Just noticed that I can't get *ANY* rebounds because they've ONLY missed 23 shots.. shooting 54 of 77 in the bogus game 2 in their gym.

The actual NBA record for a team playoff shooting percentage is .670 by the Celtics in 1990 and THEY weren't a dunking team by ANY means

Last edited by DHMN69; 07-21-2014 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:54 AM   #5398
Rookie

Bradster224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
So a few games back, after I got my steal rating maxed out, I realized I could pretty easily get 5-7 steals every game once I got my timing down. In a 10ish game stretch I got 10 steals one game and 11 steals another game. I was this close to a quadruple double (I'm a PG and the points and assists are never a problem). One game I thought I was going to get it because I had 9 rebounds entering the 4th quarter but wasn't able to corral another one the rest of the game. Was really frustrating because there was four or five times where I thought I had outjumped a teammate for a rebound only to see the ball fall into his hands instead (and it was a rebound "battle" with another guard -- James Anderson, MCW, or Jason Richardson).

Finally got a quadruple-double against the Bulls: 48 points, 18 assists, 13 rebounds, and 11 steals. Of course I fouled out in the process but we still won by 18 so it wasn't an issue. I looked it up and the steals record in a season is 301 by Alvin Robertson. My player has 252 steals on the season with 12 games to play. To get 302 steals I would have to average 4.2 steals per game the rest of the season. I think it's doable since I'm averaging 4.9 SPG over my last 20 games.

If you want to not foul as much when going for steals, use Intense-D (LT on XBOX, R2 on PS4) and just move into the ball while the player is dribbling, it doesn't work 100% of the time, but it does help if you don't want to foul as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#17 for Kobe
Old 07-21-2014, 03:22 AM   #5399
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Durant by the way in the 2 Western conference finals against me has 51 and 48 points, shooting 43 of 56 and 7 of 10 from three. The new record for team shooting % in a playoff game would now be 71% (56 of 79) shattering the Celtics 1990 record I mentioned.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #5400
Rookie

OVR: 0

Guys anyone can help me with these two questions?
1) How and when to call for an alley oop in this game? They don't seem to give it.
2) How to do a putback slam in this game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »