Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #5401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Been trying to get my guy to become a 'Star Player' and finally became one with being called in as one of the reserves to the All-Star Game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #5402
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Strange game 3 start in West finals with OKC.. we're up 20-8 6 minutes in already.. my SF has 4 points 4 assists and 5 boards in those 6 minutes.. and Kevin Love has come out firing.... he must be looking for an off-season trade to Cleveland

38-19 lead after 1 quarter.. I didn't know Target Center could be a home court advantage, even in 2k

22 point lead at Halftime.. is down to only 4 point lead after 3 quarters.. should have known 'God Mode' would return

Forced to take over or lose in the 4th quarter of this one to survive and get the win.. scored 16 in the quarter yet OKC still got the game as close at 93-91 before a 19-6 run put us over the top and uncatchable

Only game of the first three Western finals that I've outscored Durant.. my 43 to his 39.. 11 points UNDER his first two game average in the series. No 'dunk show' like they had in their game 2 blowout win either.. just 6 this game.

Last edited by DHMN69; 07-21-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #5403
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Just got eliminated in the Western Conference Finals against the Blazers. Even though I was missing DeMarcus Cousins and I. Thomas, I still felt like we could have won it all.

Game 6 against the Blazers left me in awe, simply because of the computer. I use the term "god mode" loosely, usually. However, this time I use it in a more absolute way.

Leading 12 coming out of the half, I immediately felt like I was going to lose. My player started missing open shots, my teammates started turning the ball over randomly, to include throwing passes straight out of bounds. Against the odds, I led going into the fourth.

Never again though, as this is where the absolute part comes in. It felt like I was in Space Jam out there. Like I was playing the Dream Team. The computer wasn't even trying to be subtle anymore, it had already determined who was winning this game.

I guess their is always next year.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #5404
Rookie

Well, in came the offseason after my Cleveland Cavaliers dropped the 1st round series to the Pacers in Game 7.

Irving and Varejao stayed with us.

LeBron James skipped Miami to head to the Lakers.

And Carmelo Anthony went....

To the Utah Jazz.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #5405
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Strange game 3 start in West finals with OKC.. we're up 20-8 6 minutes in already.. my SF has 4 points 4 assists and 5 boards in those 6 minutes.. and Kevin Love has come out firing.... he must be looking for an off-season trade to Cleveland

38-19 lead after 1 quarter.. I didn't know Target Center could be a home court advantage, even in 2k

22 point lead at Halftime.. is down to only 4 point lead after 3 quarters.. should have known 'God Mode' would return

Forced to take over or lose in the 4th quarter of this one to survive and get the win.. scored 16 in the quarter yet OKC still got the game as close at 93-91 before a 19-6 run put us over the top and uncatchable

Only game of the first three Western finals that I've outscored Durant.. my 43 to his 39.. 11 points UNDER his first two game average in the series. No 'dunk show' like they had in their game 2 blowout win either.. just 6 this game.
I can't even play the mode anymore. it's so rigged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #5406
All Star

Seriously there is no middle ground when it comes to difficulties in this game.

Superstar mode is way too easy and I almost always end up blowing out the other team. in HOF mode they don't miss ANY shots. Like ANY...fading out of bounds behind the backboard? THE SHOT WILL GO IN. no matter who it is. a guy will have a 60 3pt rating and drain a 3 right in your face.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:17 AM   #5407
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
Seriously there is no middle ground when it comes to difficulties in this game.

Superstar mode is way too easy and I almost always end up blowing out the other team. in HOF mode they don't miss ANY shots. Like ANY...fading out of bounds behind the backboard? THE SHOT WILL GO IN. no matter who it is. a guy will have a 60 3pt rating and drain a 3 right in your face.
IT seems that the baseline fade-away jumper goes in 99% of the time by EVERY shooter.. every once in a while I'll get lucky and notice it coming and go block it when it's not my guy. Durant actually missed 2 of those in the game 3 we beat them.. but he shot every touch in the second half.. oh wait.. she shot EVERY tough in the entire game.

The opponents playoff 3 point % has been obscene.. honestly never gotten to conference finals in a 2K game because I used to spend a LOT of time playing NHL games.. since NHL skipped Next Gen in the first year and there's no baseball game for XBox (RBI doesn't count as a console baseball game) I'm still going.. not sure HOW much better stats get for AI/computer teams in career playoffs usually but this is nuts
Old 07-22-2014, 12:38 AM   #5408
Banned

I can easily tell when a game is scripted. There's nothing you can do about it unless you want to put up obscene numbers that aren't realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »