Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #5417
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is the first time for the whole season that we're blown a team out by 30.. I'm still dumbfounded by it and I played that game last night..
Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #5418
Rookie

I was thinking of starting a new thread but might as well ask in here.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #5419
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
There is doppelganger again.
I don't remember that scene, what is it???
Old 07-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #5420
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
Seriously there is no middle ground when it comes to difficulties in this game.

Superstar mode is way too easy and I almost always end up blowing out the other team. in HOF mode they don't miss ANY shots. Like ANY...fading out of bounds behind the backboard? THE SHOT WILL GO IN. no matter who it is. a guy will have a 60 3pt rating and drain a 3 right in your face.
Some of that still happens pretty frequently even on Pro and Superstar. When I first got the game and started the mode, I played on Pro/Sim. Teams generally shot between 50%-60% from the floor against me. Granted I'm on the 76ers and the roster in year one is just obscenely bad, but still. I'm playing on Superstar/Sim now and the cheese is even worse. I decided, about 30ish games ago, to quit trying to keep the game realistic and just put up the most absurd numbers I could (mostly scoring) because it's really the only way you can consistently win. And it's a video game, I don't care as much about realism in MyCareer as I do MyGM.

There's 3-5 times a game some below average 3P shooter drains a standstill three with a hand in their face as the shot clock winds down. There's another 3-5 times a game someone dances around with the ball for 23 seconds, takes a contested pull-up 20 footer...and drains it. There's several times a game where someone pulls-up from the short corner and lobs a high arcing shot over the top corner of the backboard and drains the shot.

And, as a PG, I'm getting REALLY frustrated with the insanely high number of turnovers. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. I don't try and force passes when I know the man I'd like to pass it to has two or three defenders around him or anything like that...and I'm still averaging right at 5 turnovers per game. And it's seemingly just gotten worse. In my last ten games I've had: 3, 9, 5, 8, 7, 7, 4, 11, 7, and 8 turnovers. I'm barely into the second quarter of a game I'm playing right now and I've already got 4 turnovers. Yes, I'm to blame for some of those but it's still pretty infuriating.

Am I the only one who has this much trouble NOT committing turnovers?
Old 07-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #5421
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKbball14
I don't remember that scene, what is it???
The game after where he asks you to be the sidekick.
Kansas State Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2014, 11:27 PM   #5422
Rookie

GaryPaytonFanboy's Arena

I finally got around to playing this, and I went to the Suns with the 5th pick, so I was pretty happy about that. But in the first 3 games I played pretty bad. In the first game I played it was against the Thunder, and it was really close. But I committed 2 turnovers which messed up the whole game and gave them a 5 point lead at the end. In the next one against the Pelicans, we won but I only got 4 pts. The next game I did a bit better, with 7 pts and a few boards. I guess that I didn't pass the ball to Bledsoe, even though I didn't see any icon telling me to pass it to him, so he got all pissed off. Idk I guess I'll try to play again later or tomorrow. We're going 4-1 so far so it isn't that bad.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:33 PM   #5423
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
The game after where he asks you to be the sidekick.
See, I've done three different MyCareer guys & never been asked to be a sidekick
Old 07-23-2014, 11:45 PM   #5424
Rookie

I only had to do it in one and that was the only one I didn't get traded in the first season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »