Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #537
Rookie

Aroshi's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
these crashes that you're seeing, what do you think is causing it? How many games have you played when you encounter this crash?
For me it's happened consistently, if you haven't experienced it and you're relatively far, I doubt it'll be an issue for you. Like 14 games into the season it'll crash when I'm forced to knock over a teammate in scrimmage. At this point I'm just trying to avoid that scrimmage but, I've lost multiple saves to the error. 0 idea of the cause, but it's always at random times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphytaffy
I was about 24 games into the season... I'm really pissed. Can we all reach out to 2K developers and have them patch this up ASAP? I have my backup files and I still don't know how to restore the progress made in My Career.
The devs have announced that they're gonna be pushing out a patch to fix MyCareer crashes within a week.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #538
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroshi
The devs have announced that they're gonna be pushing out a patch to fix MyCareer crashes within a week.
That's great, but why do the save files from my cloud backup not restore the progress of MyCareer? Since you've had pretty frequent crashes, have you been able to properly restore a cloud backup?
Old 11-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #539
Rookie

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the goal was to score at least 8 points with at least 60% shooting.
Can't speak for others, but at this stage of the game (on PS4) I scored my first 8 points shooting over 80%. The commentators in game said I completed the goal ("he stepped up" or whatever) but the in game player rating kept saying it was an active goal. By the end of the game I had dropped 50 points while shooting well over 60% and despite that, the cut scene was still the coach saying how I failed and how my minutes were to be cut.

Again, I accomplished what the dynamic goal was (by a lot), triggered the in game commentary and still got the "you failed" cut scene. It's definitely a bug of some kind.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #540
Rookie

Aroshi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphytaffy
That's great, but why do the save files from my cloud backup not restore the progress of MyCareer? Since you've had pretty frequent crashes, have you been able to properly restore a cloud backup?
I can't really say for sure why it wouldn't restore the progress, maybe none of those files actually store the "progress" data, only the character information, etc. Honestly haven't tried backups, since it's happened to every single career I've made. Just delaying the inevitable. I'm lucky I love this mode lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDC999
Can't speak for others, but at this stage of the game (on PS4) I scored my first 8 points shooting over 80%. The commentators in game said I completed the goal ("he stepped up" or whatever) but the in game player rating kept saying it was an active goal. By the end of the game I had dropped 50 points while shooting well over 60% and despite that, the cut scene was still the coach saying how I failed and how my minutes were to be cut.

Again, I accomplished what the dynamic goal was (by a lot), triggered the in game commentary and still got the "you failed" cut scene. It's definitely a bug of some kind.
Maybe it is a bug, was there any other goals that you might have failed? The only dynamic goal like that that I've personally seen was the "We're down by 20, bring us back or you're a failure" goal.
It's a weird goal anyway. 8 points for the whole game? Doesn't seem like something the coach should get so upset about, even if you did fail.

Last edited by Aroshi; 11-27-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #541
Rookie

Quote:
I can't really say for sure why it wouldn't restore the progress, maybe none of those files actually store the "progress" data, only the character information, etc. Honestly haven't tried backups, since it's happened to every single career I've made. Just delaying the inevitable. I'm lucky I love this mode lol.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard if it doesn't actually save your progress data. What in the hell is the point of a backup then? Really love this mode, but it's absolutely infuriating to get that far into the season to have your files become corrupt with no proper way to restore it.

Has ANYONE properly restored a cloud backup?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #542
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
these crashes that you're seeing, what do you think is causing it? How many games have you played when you encounter this crash?
I wasn't sure at first, but I'm almost 100% this is about the 2K servers. You can't seem to be able to back up the MyCAREER files on any kind of flash drive or cloud storage, and it doesn't appear to save to your system. It just works straight through the 2K servers.

I witnessed the crash during the postgame interview after a narrow defeat to the Bucks, it just stopped and went to the dashboard, and every time I tried to load it the same thing subsequently happened, it would try to load but would ultimately just go back to the dashboard. This is extremely frustrating that the 2K servers are causing this many problems right off the bat, they better at least give me my $10 I spent on VC so I could buy some clothes and accessories for MyPLAYER.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #543
Rookie

Aroshi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
I wasn't sure at first, but I'm almost 100% this is about the 2K servers. You can't seem to be able to back up the MyCAREER files on any kind of flash drive or cloud storage, and it doesn't appear to save to your system. It just works straight through the 2K servers.

I witnessed the crash during the postgame interview after a narrow defeat to the Bucks, it just stopped and went to the dashboard, and every time I tried to load it the same thing subsequently happened, it would try to load but would ultimately just go back to the dashboard. This is extremely frustrating that the 2K servers are causing this many problems right off the bat, they better at least give me my $10 I spent on VC so I could buy some clothes and accessories for MyPLAYER.
Seems like the most likely scenario. Which would explain why they're first patching The Park and MyCAREER, since those would be the two that are server dedicated (if it is the servers causing the crashes).

And I submitted a ticket at support.2k.com stating that I had lost VC used on a corrupted save, after a few days they're now processing my request following a few questions to validate my claim. So I would try to do the same.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #544
Rookie

Quote:
Seems like the most likely scenario. Which would explain why they're first patching The Park and MyCAREER, since those would be the two that are server dedicated (if it is the servers causing the crashes).

And I submitted a ticket at support.2k.com stating that I had lost VC used on a corrupted save, after a few days they're now processing my request following a few questions to validate my claim. So I would try to do the same.
Is this only for purchased VC? I want my hard earned VC back...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »