Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #5449
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
This video was a display of how to play defense in mycareer. As I mentioned, I was experimenting with pick and rolls in this game. My player is a pass first point guard and so that's why I look to pass. The other reason is that it's been said that you have to totally dominate in order to win and that's another reason I didn't look to score.

You can have the same results running plays once you master those which I haven't got to on the to do list with this squad yet.
Yeah I totally get that. And I compeltely agree with not having to dominate. I'm in my 4th season as a C on the Mavs and I let the CPU call plays every time on offense, and I only call for the ball in the post when plays break down near the end of a shotclock, and watching our offense is beautiful.. granted I have LeBron on my team :P I just kinda meant that instead of looking to pass simply from getting the pick every time, you should look to pass by using the pick to actually try and get to the rim, cause even if your not looking to score 1st, using the momentum/pace to get to the rim causes the defense to hedge you even harder and you get way better looks then just using the intial pick n pass
Old 07-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #5450
Hall of Fame

www.Coach2K.com's Arena

OVR: 2
NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Yeah I totally get that. And I compeltely agree with not having to dominate. I'm in my 4th season as a C on the Mavs and I let the CPU call plays every time on offense, and I only call for the ball in the post when plays break down near the end of a shotclock, and watching our offense is beautiful.. granted I have LeBron on my team :P I just kinda meant that instead of looking to pass simply from getting the pick every time, you should look to pass by using the pick to actually try and get to the rim, cause even if your not looking to score 1st, using the momentum/pace to get to the rim causes the defense to hedge you even harder and you get way better looks then just using the intial pick n pass

In that game the Spurs pretty much packed the paint so that would have made getting to the rim a little tougher.

The main thing I wanted to show was that you can hold the hof CPU to 50% shooting (and under) in my career playing simple man to man with a low rated player.

My hope is that by seeing it is indeed possible that others might decide to take a closer look at the the claim that the CPU hits everything.

Check out my fictional MyLeague series by clicking here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #5451
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
In that game the Spurs pretty much packed the paint so that would have made getting to the rim a little tougher.

The main thing I wanted to show was that you can hold the hof CPU to 50% shooting (and under) in my career playing simple man to man with a low rated player.

My hope is that by seeing it is indeed possible that others might decide to take a closer look at the the claim that the CPU hits everything.
Completely agree. People and their stupid theories cause they can't play the game right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #5452
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Completely agree. People and their stupid theories cause they can't play the game right
The ole, your wrong because you suck at the game answer. Good contribution. Their is no theory btw,the computer DOES go through stretches where they will not miss, your team will miss easy shots or commit silly turnovers. Can you still win the game? Of course. Do these stretches last the whole game, no. Can this cause you to lose, yes. It's been talked about all over this board.

Anyway. Six games into the second season and I haven't lost yet, I'm averaging a double-double so far. I finished game 5 with 8 steals and game 6 with 7 blocks. We are dominating right now and don't even have DeMarcus Cousins back yet.

On a side note, the Lakers starting lineup is as follows:
Pg: Some nobody
Sg: Kobe Bryant
Sf: Lebron James
Pf: Pau Gasol
C: Chris Bosh
Old 07-26-2014, 11:42 PM   #5453
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveBeast
1. I'm assuming you have one equipped

2. You have to be in the right position for specific dunks
yes I do I have even tried just equipping that dunk alone and all he does is lay-ups. It is very disappointing to have upgraded systems and not have all of the animations that last gen had (dunks,customization).
Old 07-27-2014, 04:09 AM   #5454
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:

You, sir, play impeccable defense. I will give you that. I watched the game in its entirety and an very impressed. You play with extreme discipline. You hardly went for the steal in the passing lane, although you still were in position. Your lone block of the game was also impressive as you showed great patience and took the correct angle. Also, very patient on offense. I would suggest seeing your offensive sets when you start the game to spread the floor instead of the motion cuts to help with spacing. Also, I'm very impressed with your patience And rotations on the pick and roll.

Now, onto the bad. I did notice that you got bailed out. Where you were leading by 12 with 3 minutes to go in the first half, when coach subbed you out, the Spurs magically came within 5. Understood, things happen. Then when you were down by the end of the 3rd you came in with a 2 possession lead and simply had to maintain it. Not necessarily anything you could control, just extremely fortunate. However, I'd also like to point out how the computer forced 2 bad turn overs in the first half that should have been easy passes. In top of that, when you said Duncan was getting hot, most of those shots were highly contested double team fade away jumpers. Very difficult indeed. Lastly, the impeccable ability the computer has to get back on defense. You don't really use turbo a lot and that's impressive in itself, but every time you turned on the jets the cpu was already in position. I truly hope next year we don't have to call for so many picks and they will be more effective at that.

However, very impressed.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #5455
Banned

OVR: 1

Now I have a question does anyone here know if in your second season with your friend agent do you still get the option to switch shoe deals between Nike or stay with jordan? Since you get that option with the super agent. I really would like to know cause I don't wanna stay with jordan brand I wanna move on to nike now. So does anyone know if you get the option to switch shoe brands in your second year with the friend agent??

Last edited by jkid11; 07-27-2014 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 05:56 AM   #5456
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkid11
Now I have a question does anyone here know if in your second season with your friend agent do you still get the option to switch shoe deals between Nike or stay with jordan? Since you get that option with the super agent. I really would like to know cause I don't wanna stay with jordan brand I wanna move on to nike now. So does anyone know if you get the option to switch shoe brands in your second year with the friend agent??
Nope. Only get that option if you take adidas at first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »