Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #5481
Rookie

WVRRXN's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
After lots of frustration with the Timberwolves on my PG, I decided not to wait for the trade... and instead decided to spend my stockpiled 120k VC to create an athletic SF. Turns out 120k VC isn't enough to max out an SF off the bat :P I think 135k would probably be a safe number if anyone is planning on trying it out.

Smashed the rookie showcase as expected, and got drafted 4th by the Bobcats. Decided to give the finger to the luggage handler guy, and haven't got to the clown nose bit, but the finger is going right there too.

Haha when the clown but came up I was like naw bruh bruh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #5482
Rookie

Played a couple more games as a SF on the Bobcats... and it has now become obvious to me that there's a Rubio/JJ Barea in every team you play on. In this case, Kemba Walker has now taken over that crown... charging into the lane (and mostly just getting the charge), but occasionally getting facesmashed by either the opposing centre or PF.

The difference I've noticed between the Timberwolves (my PG career) and the Bobcats is that the Timberwolves actually seem to have a number of scoring options. For the most part, Love/Pekovic are semi-dependable. On the Bobcats, Jefferson seems to be the only remotely useful team-mate. The favourite pass of the Bobcats is the bounce pass... in the middle of the paint... when the opposing team is collapsing.

It's become rather obvious that the only thing HOF does, on top of making your opponent become incapable of missing (not really, but you know what I mean)... is make your own team-mates absolutely terrible.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #5483
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Nope. Only get that option if you take adidas at first.
Damn I didn't wanna stay on jordan I wanted to sign with nike. I thought the contract would expire. Like the Adidas deal. But still just like the Adidas deal shouldn't you get the option the option to either stay with jordan or switch to nike?
Old 07-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #5484
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
Played a couple more games as a SF on the Bobcats... and it has now become obvious to me that there's a Rubio/JJ Barea in every team you play on. In this case, Kemba Walker has now taken over that crown... charging into the lane (and mostly just getting the charge), but occasionally getting facesmashed by either the opposing centre or PF.

The difference I've noticed between the Timberwolves (my PG career) and the Bobcats is that the Timberwolves actually seem to have a number of scoring options. For the most part, Love/Pekovic are semi-dependable. On the Bobcats, Jefferson seems to be the only remotely useful team-mate. The favourite pass of the Bobcats is the bounce pass... in the middle of the paint... when the opposing team is collapsing.

It's become rather obvious that the only thing HOF does, on top of making your opponent become incapable of missing (not really, but you know what I mean)... is make your own team-mates absolutely terrible.
My TWolves are a little broken, Barea played 10 games in my SF career before being injured for the season.. as for Rubio I started taking the ball from him with my SF when chemistry got in the 90% range.. he still gets 10 assists and 3 turnovers but the forced layup into a turnover has been cut down huge..not that a SF should be bringing the ball up but if LeBron can do it my 95 SF can?

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 07-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #5485
Rookie

2k14 Artificial "Intelligence"

There are 2 people guarding the correct man in this picture. One of them is me. The other is in that enormous crowd of Bobcat Wonder Defence (which immediately after this picture let in 2 points from a layup because 4 of them are guarding Bledsoe, who cleverly passes the ball).

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #5486
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Career got deleted had to start a new one and for some reason the updated rosters won't stick. Everytime I start one it ends up being the old roster.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #5487
Rookie

In the next game, I get soundly smashed by... the Bucks... who go 18/33 beyond the arc. At the same time, my team is attempting to play soccer and prefers to put the ball directly on the floor instead of dribbling which results in that pinball rebounding sound a lot. I end with 44/3/8 after giving up some time early in the 3rd quarter and just walk around waiting in corners for hopefully some 3s (I think I was eventually passed the ball 3 times).

After the game, Brendan Haywood (who strangely has never featured on the court yet), who is the "luggage guy" and "clown nose guy" in this career asks me to join the guys to celebrate... I'm still wondering what we're celebrating seeing as we lost to the Bucks by something like 20 points... which is coincidentally more than anybody on the Bobcats scored during that match except me.

This game occurred immediately after I shot down "clown nose guy" - maybe everybody is in a hissy fit because of that and decided collectively to lose.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #5488
Rookie

Is there a way to tell my gm about any player i would want in my team in next gen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »