Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 06:32 PM   #5489
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDevil
Is there a way to tell my gm about any player i would want in my team in next gen?
No, the only thing you can do is complain about the coach or another player on your team. Be careful though, asking the GM to trade a "star player" on your team may piss off the GM enough to get you traded instead (which may be a good thing).
Old 07-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #5490
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
Played a couple more games as a SF on the Bobcats... and it has now become obvious to me that there's a Rubio/JJ Barea in every team you play on. In this case, Kemba Walker has now taken over that crown... charging into the lane (and mostly just getting the charge), but occasionally getting facesmashed by either the opposing centre or PF.

The difference I've noticed between the Timberwolves (my PG career) and the Bobcats is that the Timberwolves actually seem to have a number of scoring options. For the most part, Love/Pekovic are semi-dependable. On the Bobcats, Jefferson seems to be the only remotely useful team-mate. The favourite pass of the Bobcats is the bounce pass... in the middle of the paint... when the opposing team is collapsing.

It's become rather obvious that the only thing HOF does, on top of making your opponent become incapable of missing (not really, but you know what I mean)... is make your own team-mates absolutely terrible.

Completely agreeing with you mate. I am on Chicago Bulls and Derrick rose who used to score 28 ppg niw scores 11ppg. The only option to Win on HOF is to get the lead fast and start a run in the beginning. If they get the leadand start a run, it's almost impossible to follow.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #5491
Rookie

I'm playing the Bucks again... and at the end of the 1st, OJ Mayo has 6/6 3 pointers out of a total 9 scored by the Bucks (for an 81% 3 point percentage). Most times it's my CPU teammate that sags off (all the way into the paint or to the opposite side of the court) - but a couple of times, I've had them score fading 3 pointers... shot clock cheese style. If I was playing Reggie Miller or Ray Allen, I might shrug it off... but the Bucks? OJ Mayo? I mean I haven't really followed the NBA in awhile, so I may be mistaken... but since when did the Bucks become a team full of 3 point hitmen? This is the 2nd time I've gone against the Bucks and it was pretty much the same the 1st time.

I refuse to lose this time and will restart the game at least 10 times before I give up. I'm planning on pounding the paint and trying to rack up fouls on the Bucks so hopefully Mayo/Knight get benched for as long as possible (and suddenly Ilyasova will hit 10 3s). How do you guys work around the CPU cheese? I don't remember it being so bad on my PG... either that or the Timberwolves just had much better D.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I can't get the lead fast in the beginning. I get subbed in at about 7 minutes remaining in the 1st and we're already down 10-12.

Edit: Edit: On my next game... something confusing occured. Game was against Miami, and I got the 2nd Lebron cutscene... but he was in a Bobcats jersey. I was like WTF did the Bobcats trade and get Lebron? So I checked the rosters, and Lebron was on neither team. 2k14 really is magical...

Last edited by biatch0; 07-31-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 03:04 PM   #5492
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Game 5 Western Finals is a tight one with OKC.. TWolves been up by 1 or 2 most of the game.. I've got 17 points 4 boards 5 assists 3 blocks and a steal 2 minutes into the third quarter.. and I have a C- grade.. because I'm guarding Durant the whole game.. he's 13 of 15 with 27 points already.. all on layups driving by me when I'm on him tight and obviously if I'm not on him tight he just swishes every jumper.. sort of the damned if you do.. damned if you don't scenario.. the animation goes right through like I'm not there this game. I can only imagine how un-stoppable he's going to be as the "cover boy" this year.

AFTER 3 quarters Durant now has 41 on 19 of 22 shooting. Westbrook is going to set a career mark for single game assists ..already has 15 in 3 quarters and 16 is what the game says his single game mark is.

Here's a new one.. OKC is down by 3 127-124 with 14 seconds left.. they have the ball to inbound..and THEY throw it off a teammates back and out of bounds.. I just have to make 1 of 2 free throws to ice it. Durant's still got 49 near the final buzzer.. Westbrook scored a pile in the 4th and only had one assist. After I made both free throws OKC just made a quick shot.. THEN stole the inbound pass and scored again.. 129-128 with 9 seconds left.. Westbrook had the game tying shot from the free throw line after I missed 1 of 2 the next time at the line, he missed with my SF's hand in his face.. thought for SURE this was going overtime.. but somehow got out of the West finals 4 games to 1 with Durant averaging 43 ppg (51, 48. 39, 27, and 49) in the 5 games.

Durant challenged me to hit 3 threes in that last game.. social media he brags about me not doing it of course.. (I shot 2 of 5).. as if THAT's going to happen in real life after OKC loses in the Western finals?

Here's a SHOCKER from 2K that I never saw coming.. in the Eastern finals, the Nets defeated the Heat in 7 games.. maybe not a total shock but the game actually INJURED LeBron.. torn MCL in game 6

XBox: DHMNPhotos

Last edited by DHMN69; 07-31-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #5493
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

In year two, since I'm a PG, I thought I'd gun for 15 APG. Thought it'd be relatively easy since I averaged close to 13 APG playing about 34 MPG and this season I'll get my full 40-41 minutes every night. I'm "only" averaging a shade under 14 APG five games into the season, though and it's really frustrating because of how the coach does our rotations. I end up playing most of the fourth quarter with our bench bigs like Asik, Davies, and Sims, all of whom are TERRIBLE at finishing in any kind of traffic. Every game I'll have somewhere between 10-12 assists at the end of three quarters and I end up finishing with 12-15 assists. I've had one 16 assist game but the rest have ben something like 13 assists.

I think I lose about 3-5 assists every game because I'm dropping a pass off to Sims, Davies, or Asik instead of Noel. Got excited when we traded for Asik at the deadline last season then I realized how terrible he is at finishing at the rim in this game (I think it's even worse than in real life) and now I hate him.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:06 AM   #5494
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Lost game 1 of the Finals 122-115.. at HOME.. to the Nets ..after being up 64-52 at the half.

Ugliest game since before I was a starter in this career.. the TWolves team played like they were brand new all over again.. Love can't shoot now after hitting a bunch of shots in the West finals against OKC.. Martin's back to not shooting after averaging about 18 in the conference finals.. Rubio has 6 turnovers.. back to normal as well.. and in the 4th quarter..

MY SF can't hit ANYTHING all of a sudden in the 4th quarter.. missing put backs.. missed 4 straight free throws.. missing free throws like THAT has NEVER happened in 2k14, even with my really bad PG career. .. obviously making sure I lose game 1 and home court advantage. I had 39 points after 3 quarters because ONLY Pekovic had more than 8 points .. I finished with 43 in the game..

Nets have 4 players with 20 or more points, plus Garnett had 10.. just like the OKC series, all of the opponent guards are going for easy layups

I know it's just one game in the series but it's hard to expect it to get better

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 08-01-2014, 07:25 AM   #5495
Rookie

Meh... just give up!!! I decided to switch to 1 difficulty level below HOF, and there's so much less CPU cheese. The Bobcats defense is still absolutely terrible, but at least it appears the CPU takes "slightly" less advantage of it now. I think I've paid my dues in HOF on my PG career - almost completing 4 seasons of that torture. Still planning on going back to my PG to complete the requirements to be inducted in to the Hall of Fame (although retiring the PG means that I can't play that career anymore I guess?).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #5496
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Just played my second game as a starter with my Center Career and I've yet to see the new agent once. I'm planning on going with Addidas because my other two Careers on that account have Nike and Jordan.
Kansas State Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »