Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #5537
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Kansas State Wildcats
Old 08-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #5538
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveBeast
Should I max my PF's mid range? And what other stuff should I work on maxing? 1st time playing a big
Rebounding, On Ball D, Quickness, Vertical...
Old 08-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #5539
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Am I the only one who teams go into "Everyone Turns into Ray Allen Mode in the 4th Quarter" against? Seriously, I think the absolute floor of made 3s by my opponent in the 4th quarter is 5 and generally they make 6-10 3s. I went through and did the math, and teams are averaging 33.2 points per 4th quarter against me in 16 games. Three times a team has scored 40+ points on me in the 4th quarter and three other times a team has scored 35-39 points on me in the 4th quarter. Other than two games, where I held my opponent to 20 and 18 4th quarter points, every other team has scored at least 26 points on me in the 4th quarter.

And, due to most of my games being blowouts, it's generally my opponent's very end of the bench unit doing all this damage and it makes no freakin' sense. Last game, against the Rockets, Robert Covington of all players scored 15 points in the 4th quarter and Isaiah Canaan scored 9 of his 11 points in the 4th. The Rockets, as a team, scored 43 points in the 4th quarter including 8 made 3s. The game before that, against the Warriors, Nemanja Nedovic scored all but 2 of his 14 points in the 4th quarter and Jordan Crawford scored 8. The Warriors scored 34 points in the 4th quarter including 7 made 3s. And in the game before that, against the Nets, Teletovic scored 18 points in the 4th, all off made 3s. The Nets as a team scored 42 points in the 4th and made 10 3s.

In fact, counting those games, here's my opponents' 4th quarter points and 4th quarter made 3s in my last six games:

Wizards: 37 points and 7 threes
Blazers: 39 points and 9 threes
Pacers: 38 points and 6 threes
Nets: 42 points and 10 threes
Warriors: 34 points and 7 threes
Rockets: 43 points and 8 threes

And those three point totals don't include the 3-5 other long 2s, with a toe on the line, each team makes in the 4th quarter.

Last edited by hoopla32; 08-04-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:57 AM   #5540
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

About to start game 3 of the Finals.. on the road down 2 games to 0.. Hopefully Brooklyn wins the next 2 and finishes it so I can I finish the TWolves season now, though I won't tank or foul out on purpose to end it quicker..
First 3 playoff rounds were great before the finals and the team reverted to early season garbage form all over again.

Here's a first.. I have a first quarter double double.. NEVER done that before 17 pts 10 boards.. of course Pierce off-set that with 16 points of his own...and THEN I sit the first 8 minutes of the 2nd quarter.. really?

Don't know if it's good or not but won game 3 128-121.. I had to score 51 to win. For most of the 3rd quarter we had 1 basket until the starters went out and D-Will (still on the team for whatever reason HIS trade didn't get updated in this season) started hitting a few shots as did Corey Brewer.

In the West finals Kevin Love, Kevin Martin etc were shooting 4-5 3's each.. now they each shoot ONE.. All of a sudden the game is screwing me with the rotation again in the NBA Finals.. myself and Rubio are the ONLY starters actually getting starters minutes.. Pekovic is getting about 28.. as is Kevin Love..

Shved, Cunningham, Muhammad, Brewer, and Chris Johnson all of a sudden have been playing 8-12 minutes each in the NBA finals while their minutes mostly came in the 7 minutes or less I didn't play in those games. The worst thing is Turiaf and Dieng never got in games the last month+ of the season, rather Cunningham play??

Brewer just played 19 minutes in game 3.. he didn't play 19 minutes TOTAL the 3 previous games combined. Pierce is shooting 42/52 in the first 3 games of the series, while NOT shooting very many 3's..

Last edited by DHMN69; 08-05-2014 at 03:15 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:20 AM   #5541
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

So the Jazz went from the worst team in the league to best team in the West (so far) in just one season -- I'm in year two. They signed LeBron and, with the #1 pick, drafted what looks like is going to be the next superstar of the league in 6'7", 228 pound shooting guard Mathew Boyd who's averaging 20.4 PPG, 4.4 APG, 3.8 RPG, 1.4 SPG, 0.7 BPG on .464/.455/.752 shooting. The LeBron/Boyd duo has been good enough to get the Jazz off to a 13-5 start which is .5 a game better than the Thunder who are 12-5 right now.

Just noticed this because I just played the Jazz and barely won by 3 in Utah. Boyd (who was my match-up most of the game since I still primarily play SG while MCW plays PG) went for 23 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, and 2 steals on 9/18 shooting and was 3/5 from three. I thoroughly outplayed him (51 points, 16 assists, 11 rebounds, 4 steals) but since I'm just 6'3" and 195 pounds, him having 4 inches and 33 pounds on me made it tough on both ends of the floor.

Before I go further, because I'm sure most will frown upon or scowl at this, but I never play this mode on HOF. Mostly because I choose to have more fun with this mode while aiming for realness in Association/MyGM mode. So, I play this mode on All-Star. Occasionally, when I get a little bored, I'll bump it up to Superstar for a 5-7 game stretch. But I primarily play on Superstar/Sim. Right now, 18 games into my second season, I've got my PG up to a 94 overall and he's nearly averaging a triple-double: 41.3 PPG, 15.2 APG, 9.7 RPG, 5.3 SPG, 1.7 BPG on 57/51/93 shooting, and the team is 16-2. One loss came during my "Flu Game" against the Bulls. I was down 7-10 seemingly the entire game and down by 10 with about 3 minutes left in the game. I managed to go on a run and cut the lead to 3 with under a minute to go but couldn't ever get over the hump. My other loss came at OKC. Durant went for 43, Westbrook went for 38, and the Thunder made something like 20 threes (on top of Durant and Westbrook combining to make 11 threes, Lamb, Thabo, and Reggie Jackson all three made two or three threes) in a 131-122 win.

Unrealistic, sure, but I'm having fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #5542
Banned

OVR: 0

Lol come on 2k how do I finish the showcase with 32pts 5ast 13reb and 5 blocks and barely get drafted first round yet Jackson Ellis didn't even crack double digits in any stat except points which he had eleven of and get drafted 13th. Like commeon guys just stop the crap already.
And I do play in HoF if anyone wanted to know. Simulation and real player percentage
Old 08-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #5543
Rookie

I had around the same statline and got drafted 4th by the Bobcats. Also, unless I'm mistaken, you can't change the difficulty of the showcase... and sliders don't effect anything other than percentages during a match (not the draft, whether you get more minutes, more VC, or anything like that).
Old 08-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #5544
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto500
Lol come on 2k how do I finish the showcase with 32pts 5ast 13reb and 5 blocks and barely get drafted first round yet Jackson Ellis didn't even crack double digits in any stat except points which he had eleven of and get drafted 13th. Like commeon guys just stop the crap already.
And I do play in HoF if anyone wanted to know. Simulation and real player percentage
What was your teammate grade? And how you answered the survey and the interview affects where you go as well.

For future reference if you don't like where you're drafted, close the game b4 it saves and you'll go somewhere different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »