Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #5553
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
That's when I suit up past superstars and imagine what My SF could be if his 95 equated to the same 95 the 2K created superstars DO do.. The legendary players at 95 OVR etc are always so much better than 'My Player' at a 95 OVR
Yeah, if the servers are still down when I get home tonight, I think I'm just going to play some quick games with the classic teams. That, or go back to The Show which, for whatever reasons, hasn't really held my attention this year like it has in the past. I'm really in that "hooked" phase of My Player right now.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #5554
Rookie

WVRRXN's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Servers down come on 2k I work all day and just want to kick back sigh
Old 08-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #5555
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
Yeah, if the servers are still down when I get home tonight, I think I'm just going to play some quick games with the classic teams. That, or go back to The Show which, for whatever reasons, hasn't really held my attention this year like it has in the past. I'm really in that "hooked" phase of My Player right now.
I miss not having a REAL baseball got for 'ONE' this year.. haven't tried RBI but everything I've seen looks like an old NES game

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #5556
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
For me the servers went down sometime between 3:00 a.m. and 3:30 a.m., so it's going on 12 hours of them being down. Can't imagine what would make the servers be down this long. And this is the annoying thing about next gen consoles: when the servers are down (for 2K at least) you can't play any game mode other than a quick game which is really frustrating.
only quick games is playable but with old rosters. Is there a way to save/load updated rosters from disk?
Old 08-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #5557
Just started!

I don't get how 2k is the best selling when they don't really try to make good games they need a second developer or something
Old 08-05-2014, 11:29 PM   #5558
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Starting game 4 vs the Nets in the Finals.. it turns out Paul Pierce sprained an ankle in game 3.. yet played the whole game.. and ISN'T suited for game 4.. surely that means I can even the series at 2 game each right?

Nevermind.. the game has made me a TURNOVER MACHINE again.. 3 passes to Pekovic on the block have went into the crowd and 3 others have a random guy jumping the pass to the open shooter and another I guess I dribbled off my foot?.. so 7 turnovers midway through the third and we're down 11.

I usually ignore the 'you think you're a star' score 10 in a row thing in the 4th quarter.. this time I did it and when I finished and we were UP by 11 in the middle of the 4th quarter.. we just lost 124-119.. last few minutes were incredibly STUPID and the lead went away quick.. 16 point run to close a game where my TWolves defense parts like 'Moses' is coming down the paint??? Kevin Love started just random shooting when he touched the ball .. he shot 3 of 11 and pretty much lost the game heaving 3's with the lead in the final 2 minutes, not making a single 3.

So used to this in regular season that I can almost see it coming except for the fact that the team actually played good the first 3 rounds of the playoffs.

Including the whole 'score 10 in a row' I ended up with 60 points (26 of 34) and a career record 7 (previous was.. 2) dunks (took until game 4 of the Finals to get 10 highlights in one game, also) 17 boards 9 assists 3 steals.. didn't have a turnover the rest of the 2nd half after mentioning the turnover bug the game put me on.

Press conference question was whether my 17 points were a positive.. we just lost game 4 of the NBA Finals.. new, situation relevant questions for 2k15 PLEASE!

Stat of the night I guess.. Kevin Love shooting 46% on three's in the playoffs.. YET in the Finals Love is 4 for 16 and didn't make a single one in the last 2 games.

XBox: DHMNPhotos

Last edited by DHMN69; 08-06-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:18 AM   #5559
Rookie

Bradster224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Starting game 4 vs the Nets in the Finals.. it turns out Paul Pierce sprained an ankle in game 3.. yet played the whole game.. and ISN'T suited for game 4.. surely that means I can even the series at 2 game each right?

Nevermind.. the game has made me a TURNOVER MACHINE again.. 3 passes to Pekovic on the block have went into the crowd and 3 others have a random guy jumping the pass to the open shooter and another I guess I dribbled off my foot?.. so 7 turnovers midway through the third and we're down 11.

I usually ignore the 'you think you're a star' score 10 in a row thing in the 4th quarter.. this time I did it and when I finished and we were UP by 11 in the middle of the 4th quarter.. we just lost 124-119.. last few minutes were incredibly STUPID and the lead went away quick.. 16 point run to close a game where my TWolves defense parts like 'Moses' is coming down the paint??? Kevin Love started just random shooting when he touched the ball .. he shot 3 of 11 and pretty much lost the game heaving 3's with the lead in the final 2 minutes, not making a single 3.

So used to this in regular season that I can almost see it coming except for the fact that the team actually played good the first 3 rounds of the playoffs.

Including the whole 'score 10 in a row' I ended up with 60 points (26 of 34) and a career record 7 (previous was.. 2) dunks (took until game 4 of the Finals to get 10 highlights in one game, also) 17 boards 9 assists 3 steals.. didn't have a turnover the rest of the 2nd half after mentioning the turnover bug the game put me on.

Press conference question was whether my 17 points were a positive.. we just lost game 4 of the NBA Finals.. new, situation relevant questions for 2k15 PLEASE!

Stat of the night I guess.. Kevin Love shooting 46% on three's in the playoffs.. YET in the Finals Love is 4 for 16 and didn't make a single one in the last 2 games.

I don't know why, but every single one of your posts is negative. I've never heard of this stuff happening every minute of every game throughout the season, it happens to me maybe once every 3-5 games, but never on this level. I'd like to see video or picture evidence of these things happening or your stats, because it seems to me you may be the source of the problems, not the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#17 for Kobe
Old 08-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #5560
Rookie

6'4 athletic point guard. Always do SF but this time playing PG. No tattoos no freaking good faces or anything so i will just get my SF on nba 2k15. It's been fun playing as a pg. Almost at the end of february and just got traded to the... Heat! I wanted the bulls but hence miami was the first in the interest list and bulls on the second it just happened. Got the cutscene with Lebron which was suppose to happen on second season (after he comes to recruit at the end of the first season) but got traded early landed to the heats replaced Chalmers immediately. Wade is injured, Ray allen playing sg. It's fun not much pressure to carry my whole team like i had before, i got Bron and D wade when he comes back. I pass, i score, i dunk, i catch alley oops, i even had putback slams (which felt awesome) and many more. Once i sprained my ankle but chose to play through it, next game coach made me play Center the whole game being 6'4! But it was not bad, i was way faster than the man guarding me anyways.
Signatures: Highlight reel,Dimer, Deadeye, Pick pocket, Active hands, Gatorade pack, Scrapper
I didn't get posterizer because my dunk is 92 and i buying highlight reel i will dunk the same way, my team mate stamina will boost by 5 the same way, just highlight dunks even in traffic will occur a bit more often hence this sig skill is 5000vc so i kept it. Dimer is a must cause obviously i am a guard. Pickpocket level 3 helps me a lot i average 2.1 steals per game so far. Active hands i kept is also because i can not only block the shots i can steal it while they try to shoot. Gatorade pack obviously is a must needed thing for anyone. And scrapper is for husling or reacting faster quicker and jumping faster to collect loose balls. I have shot creator and catch and shoot. Honestly i love catch and shoot but i am a point guard i mainly dnt need it deadeye is a must so i
kept it. No need for any thing except deadeye and highlight reel for offence. pick pocket and active hands for defence. Gatorade for stamina and scrapper or one man fast break for extra awareness or quickness. That's all my PG/SG needs. BUT BUT BUT, I am saving my VC to get the On court Coach, yes i am a pg i have the ball
mostly so why i need that? because it will literally make me the first priority for any player to pass whenever i call or call for alley opps. They will respect me way more. But it's not happening till i get my shoe deal which i didn't yet i chose my friend agent. He slacking but i stayed loyal and the big time agent was cheesing way too much, and i will be a star anyways so no need to break old frndship.

My small wishlist for Nba 2k15?
Well only one main thing. Make it realistic i love realism, BUT NOT SCRIPTED. The story shouldn't control our game, OUR GAME should control the storyline. Points of emphasis, social media challenges and everything should be perfectly based on positions and playing type. It's that simple. That hard to do? I score 50 points and the team still looses, the coach tells me i didn't step up. IS THAT A TROLL? These type of cheesy bull**** should never happen. And the game can come late but should come perfect instead of patching every month and so. Simple right?
The park mode is B.S man. Instead i just want a practice room where i can do anything alone or with a team mate before matches. The gm meetings and every cut scene should have the option to skip and should provide more and many more answers and questions.
So that we WANT to play many seasons just to see WHAT's next! Jackson Ellis is some cheese. Are you kidding me? I beat him
on every challenge and he still talks like he is the one winning? Get outa here man gosh!
MAIN THING is that the CREATION. Face beard and BODY STYLE. Really? only one body in whole my career? height weight has no effect? really? Except for the graphics and storyline and few game play tweaks what changed from current gen to the legendary NEXT GEN ON XBOX freaking one? These are the smallest easiest things and yet nothing happens, got worse in many cases even. Nba 2k15 will be worse then? 2k will be out of business for sure lol
Well nothing matters what i just said but i just had to clear my chest.
Kudos everyone hope ya'll enjoying this game.

Last edited by BlackDevil; 08-06-2014 at 07:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »