Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #5585
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Thank you for the answer but do you know how much multiplier on the vc you get on superstar or should I just go on hall of fame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #5586
Rookie

If I'm not mistaken Superstar is 1.5x VC and Hall of Fame is 2x.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #5587
Rookie

I've restarted my career, and went with a 6'7 SG that got drafted to the Kings. The thing that I did differently this time is that I have my settings on HoF and simulation. The game plays SO MUCH BETTER that way. I haven't really seen any cheese or those hair pulling instances.

Right now, we're 6-5; and I'm very happy with the way the game is played.

I don't know if any of you guys are playing that way, but if not, try it out..

And yes, Superstar is 1.5 and HoF is 2x.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:12 AM   #5588
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
On an unrelated note: I've temporarily switched back to my PG on the Jazz and noticed a couple of interesting things. As a PG, I find that I'm more prone to having my passes... go to the wrong person than on my SF (despite the PG obviously having a higher passing stat). I'm pointing at the open guy in the paint, and for some reason my PG will pass to the guy being double teamed in the corner. On my SF, the passes always go to the right person, but don't necessarily get through.
As someone who has played only as a PG, glad to hear I'm the only one that's dealt with this. Of course I didn't assume I was to begin with and figured it was just one of those cheesey 2K CPU things. 30 games into year two with my PG, so his passing and ball handling and everything is pretty much maxed out and I still have 2-3 times per game where, using the joystick for passing, the ball doesn't even come close to going to who I have the joystick pointed at and it results in a turnover. I reserved myself to the fact that, if you wish to be a PG who has the ball in his hand pretty much every possession, averaging less that 5 turnovers per game isn't going to happen. It's frustrating and unrealistic, but it's not happening.

That, or I'm just really terrible as passing and handling the ball.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:28 AM   #5589
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

It had gotten to the point this season where the game was starting to become a little bit too easy and a little bit too comfortable. We were in the midst of a 14-game (and counting) win streak and hadn't really been challenged in any of the games. I think the average margin of victory has been around 20-25 and our closest game was something like an nine point win in a game that only got that close in the final couple of minutes when the CPU went into ultimate cheese mode and started draining three after three, and forcing turnover after turnover, to cut what was once a 22 point lead to the final margin of nine. Still, the game was never in doubt.

So, even when I got the cut-scene with Jackson Ellis that got a little physical with some pushing and shoving, and the wager ended up being "whoever wins", I really wasn't that worried. In the other 13 games during the win streak I had a 15+ point lead going into the fourth quarter. Guess I should've known better.

The Pistons came out firing, got hot, and stayed hot. They ended up shooting an eye-popping 20/36 from three, and 65% overall from the floor. I knew late in the second quarter, when I usually start to build a bit of a cushion heading into halftime, I was going to have to go into takeover mode and shoot and score as often as possible. It was a back-and-forth game until I hit a three (pictured above) to put us up 5 with 13 seconds to go. Of course the Pistons dribbled the length of the court (no timeouts left) and hit a three to pull within two with 7 seconds to go. Fortunately I was able to get the inbound pass and drain two FT's to ice the game. Finished with a career high 83 points. Had well below my season average of 15 assists with "only" 8, but we still won a high scoring game, 136-132.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #5590
Rookie

Oh my.. I really do like playing on "simulation". I'm playing against the Clippers, and I've made Jamal Crawford and Glen Davis foul out with 1:47 left in the 4th with a 112-108 lead..
Old 08-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #5591
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Kansas State Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #5592
Rookie

Streaming at www.twitch.tv/YungThugga08..

Playing this HoF, simulation game vs the Thunder. Will I win?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »