Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #5593
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Kansas State Wildcats
Old 08-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #5594
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

Kansas State Wildcats
Old 08-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #5595
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, we lost the game to the Thunder, 121-117. My soul feels hurt.. My statline was 43pts, 3rebs, 6asts, 2blks, and 2 turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #5596
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

As a Center I loved playing with Michael Carter-Williams on the Rising Stars game. He had 22 assists and went 8-8.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 08-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #5597
Rookie

I know some people mentioned the Jazz, any tips on being a PG for the team? I've been on my second MyCareer drafted by them but it's hard to win a game. I like this in a realism sense since we had a 10 game losing streak before beating the Magic. Thing is, I never feel like I involve my teammates enough because I've been scoring at least 30 points every game. I almost have to take over though because others are very inconsistent with their scoring.

The only perimeter player who is reliable is Hayward and I can never seem to sync him into getting enough open shots. I'm not a big fan of the Jazz playbook, since when most guys get open they'll either lack wanting to shoot or miss. Hero ball isn't getting us anywhere, so any tips of getting my teammates involved helps, outside of the pick and roll which I already do.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #5598
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
I know some people mentioned the Jazz, any tips on being a PG for the team? I've been on my second MyCareer drafted by them but it's hard to win a game. I like this in a realism sense since we had a 10 game losing streak before beating the Magic. Thing is, I never feel like I involve my teammates enough because I've been scoring at least 30 points every game. I almost have to take over though because others are very inconsistent with their scoring.

The only perimeter player who is reliable is Hayward and I can never seem to sync him into getting enough open shots. I'm not a big fan of the Jazz playbook, since when most guys get open they'll either lack wanting to shoot or miss. Hero ball isn't getting us anywhere, so any tips of getting my teammates involved helps, outside of the pick and roll which I already do.
Run down the shot clock and pass it to them with like 6 seconds left, that usually makes them shoot it. That might help you some.. I hope?

If you have on court coach then u could try making plays that way. That works for me too sometimes.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:30 AM   #5599
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac

I may be way off base, but I think some of that is just internal 2K issues. I'm a PG for the 76ers and we signed Carmelo in the off-season. I have a more than difficult time getting in sync with him like you do with Hayward. 30+ games into the season and Carmelo is only averaging 17 PPG, and even he is hesitant to shoot it or go into "hero ball" and/or "iso" mode when he gets the ball. I've found as a PG, as long as I have a good solid big man, capable of catching and finishing around the basket, I can do damage. Nerlens Noel averaged 20.8 PPG last year and is averaging 20.3 PPG this year. And ever since we traded for David West about 5 games ago, my assist numbers are increasing even more because now I finally have a second big who is a consistently good finisher around the basket -- Thaddeus Young basically just stands at the 3P line so he's useless as a PF for me on offense.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:45 AM   #5600
Rookie

Kid32's Arena

Need just 4 more steals to reach 1000 and complete my 14th hall of fame achievement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »