Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #5601
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Kansas State Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #5602
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the advice guys. I have done the shot clock thing before but the problem is that they'll pass it right back to me if there's even more than a second left and that's lead to some 24 second violations.

My bigs much like you said Hoopla are the ones who really have any type of consistent game. Favors and Kanter aren't explosive scorers but between put backs and being able to sometimes hit that mid range shot, they can do decent damage. I think I'll wait until the All Star game since I'm only behind Kobe in voting and attempt to turn the season around and try to make a miracle run into the Playoffs. Or at the least, get the coach fired and get a new playbook that can maybe maximize the CPU teammates.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #5603
Rookie

Here's what I do on the Jazz (works for me, might not work for you, YMMV):
  1. P&R - there's usually time for about 2 attempts at this. Try to get someone open, usually you... the CPU sometimes gets confused during P&R and sends both players with your screener... when this happens, I shoot. Sometimes, your teammate actually makes a run for the basket... this rarely happens, and when it does, most of the time the CPU opponents get magical lightning hands to intercept the pass. Once in a million years though, you can get the pass through to them.

The key to this is patience. Half the time, I just get frustrated on the first P&R. Of course, the downside to this is that most of the time it's you scoring the basket... which isn't really what you want as a PG (or is it).
  2. Post - This may sound a little odd as a PG, but back down in the post. The idea isn't to score... but to draw a double team. Works better when the paint is relatively empty except for either your PF/C. Draw the double, dish it off to your open big.

If the paint is crowded, you sometimes pull a double team off someone guarding your SG/SF, which isn't always a good thing... since dishing off to someone on the perimeter usually ends up with them doing the triple threat move for 10 seconds in the same spot and then driving into the paint to take on the CPU SF/PF/C... all at the same time. At least it usually ends up like that for me - which is why I prefer an empty paint and dishing to a big because they tend to not be brain dead as my perimeter players.

This worked much better for me when I was on the Timberwolves, since Love/Pekovic tend to be pretty reliable inside. That said, Kanter is decent... and Favors can be useful from time to time.

I don't really use anything from the playbooks... the ideas tend to be good, but when it comes time to put them on the floor, they end up kind of frustrating and unreliable for the amount of effort you need to put into them.

Last edited by biatch0; 08-10-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #5604
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

Kansas State Wildcats
Old 08-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #5605
Rookie

WVRRXN's Arena

The bucks really play to good in this mode smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #5606
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRRXN
The bucks really play to good in this mode smh
Yea.. If you're not on the team otherwise they're garbage
Old 08-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #5607
Rookie

I'm moments away from removing Catch & Shoot (all 3 levels) from my SF.

Levels 1 and 2 were absolutely perfect for me - I found great huge open spots on the floor when someone on my team got doubled, and with C&S 1/2, pushed my 3 point % up to 60%+. I didn't take a lot of shots, since I would ONLY take the shot if I was open enough that the defence couldn't even get near me even if they tried.

Now, after a bunch of matches with level 3 equipped, my 3 point % is steadily dropping. A lot of shots either clang off the rim, rim out... or... get this... barely even hit the rim. I haven't managed an airball yet... so I've got that going for me... which is nice. All of this, with A-, A, A+, excellent release.

Nope, I'm not suddenly throwing up contested 3s while being double teamed. I'm taking the exact same wide open shots

Do I need the 60%+ 3 point percentage to stay? No, not really... but it's nice to have 1 counter-cheese to all the CPU cheese.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:42 PM   #5608
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

Kansas State Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »