Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #5609
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

So.. I think 2k played itself in my favor..

I'm losing to the Mavs, 100-75 and all of a sudden, my game has an random error code.

Come on Kings, don't let this retry go to waste!! Put your star player in coach!

Edit: Coach put me in. Monta Ellis went off, scoring 42. I ended up with 52, and the 132-114 win.

Last edited by YungThugga08; 08-11-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #5610
Rookie

When's the latest you guys have got the shoe deal? I got bored and made a new MyCareer (again) and it's almost the playoffs and I'm still stuck wearing the 2K shoes.

In my past MyCareers I usually got them around All-Star weekend and a signature shoe at the start of the playoffs.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #5611
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej
When's the latest you guys have got the shoe deal? I got bored and made a new MyCareer (again) and it's almost the playoffs and I'm still stuck wearing the 2K shoes.

In my past MyCareers I usually got them around All-Star weekend and a signature shoe at the start of the playoffs.
With the friend? Latest was around game 70 on my end
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #5612
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej

On my first carrear fist playoff game but it's wierd because that's also my first start so mine might have been glitched or something
Old 08-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #5613
Rookie

I've decided that between my 2 MyCareers (Timberwolves and Bobcats), that the Bobcats have the most annoying guards.

On the Timberwolves, Rubio/Barea are definitely annoying. Open shot? Screw that, I'm charging into the paint to take on a minimum of 2 guys who are at least 6'10"... and getting blocked. That's OK... but I'll give a "Bad call for pass" to that guy who is open on the perimeter anyway.

Now, on the Bobcats... I have Kemba Walker and Janeiro Pargo. Kemba Walker is basically exactly like Rubio/Barea. Pargo... is the guard that takes the cake. This guy does all the bad things Walker does... but that's not it. This guy also does fadeaway turnaround 3 pointers... contested... sometimes double teamed... and somehow, this guy is the 6th man.

Seriously... how does the CPU decide who gets the minutes? Walker/Pargo average 6+ TOPG (and I'm not sure that counts the times they charge into the paint and get facesmashed)... meanwhile Ridnour (who is basically the Bobcats equivalent of Shved on my Timberwolves career - doesn't do dumb crap) continues to get tiny minutes.

Last edited by biatch0; 08-12-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #5614
Rookie

Angry Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto500
On my first carrear fist playoff game but it's wierd because that's also my first start so mine might have been glitched or something
I'm in the playoffs 1st round game 3 still no shoe endorsement
Old 08-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #5615
Rookie

After deep thought, meditation, and watching a lot of instant replays... I've come to realize that in MyCareer, you aren't really playing against your opponents. You are playing against your team mates.

On offense, it's usually a case of Can I get the ball out of the hands of Rubio/Barea Walker/Pargo before they charge into the paint and turn the ball over trying to layup over the opposing SF/PF/C all at once? Will my team mates notice that my 89/99 rated 3 point shooter is standing around on the perimeter completely open and getting "Bad Call for Pass" and "Excessive Call for Pass" ratings but not getting the ball... before they charge into the paint and take on the opposing SF/PF/C all at once?

On defense, you end up with a randomly selected team mate (sometimes more than one) that will choose to guard a fly on the floor... leaving his man completely open. Of course, by the time that open guy takes the shot, if you're anywhere near him, he's now YOUR man... "Allow man to score". Trying to get a defensive rebound? You box out, and 3 of your team mates can somehow miss the ball (obviously they don't even jump), but the CPU opponent is somehow able to jump, grab the ball, land, jump again, and shoot... before you complete 1 jump.

On the bright side, I've found recording all of these random idiotic things my team mates do and putting them into YouTube movies rather enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 02:46 AM   #5616
Rookie

WVRRXN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
After deep thought, meditation, and watching a lot of instant replays... I've come to realize that in MyCareer, you aren't really playing against your opponents. You are playing against your team mates.

On offense, it's usually a case of Can I get the ball out of the hands of Rubio/Barea Walker/Pargo before they charge into the paint and turn the ball over trying to layup over the opposing SF/PF/C all at once? Will my team mates notice that my 89/99 rated 3 point shooter is standing around on the perimeter completely open and getting "Bad Call for Pass" and "Excessive Call for Pass" ratings but not getting the ball... before they charge into the paint and take on the opposing SF/PF/C all at once?

On defense, you end up with a randomly selected team mate (sometimes more than one) that will choose to guard a fly on the floor... leaving his man completely open. Of course, by the time that open guy takes the shot, if you're anywhere near him, he's now YOUR man... "Allow man to score". Trying to get a defensive rebound? You box out, and 3 of your team mates can somehow miss the ball (obviously they don't even jump), but the CPU opponent is somehow able to jump, grab the ball, land, jump again, and shoot... before you complete 1 jump.

On the bright side, I've found recording all of these random idiotic things my team mates do and putting them into YouTube movies rather enjoyable.

Agree, it's pretty much u against your team smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »