Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #5617
Rookie

Kid32's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Going to finish this season off before the new game comes out. That will be 8 seasons finished on Hall of Fame difficulty. Got to make a strong push to the playoffs and hopefully get our third championship in a row.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #5618
Rookie

Man, sometimes I feel like I'm going to lose my mind if I keep playing this game. I'm really annoyed right now at a number of things surrounding Jackson Ellis.

I played through three MyCareers already, so I've played in the Rookie Allstar game a few times, and for most of them, I've just had fun while playing. But this time I went in with my 6'4" Athletic SG with the plan to just put on a show for the crowd.

But this was the first time that Jackson Ellis was on the opposite team, so I'm matched up against him, and this bum became impossible to guard in the fourth quarter. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but Jackson Ellis developed the Microwave sig skill, and Heat Retention sig skills from 2k13. Does that make any sense?

Surprisingly, I kept him in check most of the game, but in the fourth I was switched off of him for a while, and of course he goes off on his match up. So he heats up with Mircowave, and then Heat Retention allows him to stay hot for the entire quarter. He did most of his scoring before they put me back on him, but because him the game was close right to the very end of the game. With about three seconds left, I get in a layup to go up by 2 points so all we have to do is defend the last shot.

The other team uses a time out to advance the ball, they inbound to Jackson Ellis, and he just pulls up for a super contested three and drains it in my face at the buzzer. It was just an Allstar game so I didn't really care about losing, but it just irritated me how ridiculously hot he got down the stretch. Defense didn't bother him at all, especially on the final shot.

Just had to vent a little, thanks for listening. But I'm just curious, has anyone else seen 2k13 sig skills show up 2k14?
Old 08-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #5619
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've played NBA2k for the past 3 years. So, I'm playing MyCareer in 2k14. I just finished season 1 with my 6'10" PF who won ROY. Which meant a Jackson Ellis meeting. Whatever.

I'm really excited to give the GM some input on who we should get in FA and the draft. Click the button - HEY, it's the next season! And here's the roster for your Charlotte Bobcats (where I wanted to be, got that trade to work just fine).
Luke Ridnour, Gerald Henderson, MKG, Big Cat (Me) PF, Al Jefferson (C), Andrew Bynum (C), Anderson Varajao (C), Cody Zeller (C/PF), DJ White (C/PF), Jeff Taylor, Janerro Pargo, Gary Neal, the reserve is Bismack Biyambo (C/PF).

If you're wondering, Kemba Walker tore his ACL in our first game together. My question - why would the GM put together a roster so lopsided with bigs? I play all but 4 minutes per game. So our best 3 subs are all splitting time with Al Jefferson. Will I be able to engineer a trade or FA pickup?
Old 08-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #5620
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
I've decided that between my 2 MyCareers (Timberwolves and Bobcats), that the Bobcats have the most annoying guards.

Now, on the Bobcats... I have Kemba Walker and Janeiro Pargo. Kemba Walker is basically exactly like Rubio/Barea. Pargo... is the guard that takes the cake. This guy does all the bad things Walker does... but that's not it. This guy also does fadeaway turnaround 3 pointers... contested... sometimes double teamed... and somehow, this guy is the 6th man.

Seriously... how does the CPU decide who gets the minutes? Walker/Pargo average 6+ TOPG (and I'm not sure that counts the times they charge into the paint and get facesmashed)... meanwhile Ridnour (who is basically the Bobcats equivalent of Shved on my Timberwolves career - doesn't do dumb crap) continues to get tiny minutes.
I play on the Bobcats, and Kemba tore his ACL in my first game there. Starting Season 2, he's still out 4-6 weeks. That means I'm stuck with a bunch of guards who come in and either dribble into traffic and stay there until they lose the ball, or hoist up some crazy contested 3 pointer 8 seconds into the posession. Use a screen? Crazy talk! Even if you're Luke Ridnour, who has the Screen Maestro skill. I could live with ALLL of that crap. If any of them could play defense. But hey, at least my GM picked up 2 centers to help stretch the floor!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #5621
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherguy
Man, sometimes I feel like I'm going to lose my mind if I keep playing this game. I'm really annoyed right now at a number of things surrounding Jackson Ellis.

I played through three MyCareers already, so I've played in the Rookie Allstar game a few times, and for most of them, I've just had fun while playing. But this time I went in with my 6'4" Athletic SG with the plan to just put on a show for the crowd.

But this was the first time that Jackson Ellis was on the opposite team, so I'm matched up against him, and this bum became impossible to guard in the fourth quarter. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but Jackson Ellis developed the Microwave sig skill, and Heat Retention sig skills from 2k13. Does that make any sense?

Surprisingly, I kept him in check most of the game, but in the fourth I was switched off of him for a while, and of course he goes off on his match up. So he heats up with Mircowave, and then Heat Retention allows him to stay hot for the entire quarter. He did most of his scoring before they put me back on him, but because him the game was close right to the very end of the game. With about three seconds left, I get in a layup to go up by 2 points so all we have to do is defend the last shot.

The other team uses a time out to advance the ball, they inbound to Jackson Ellis, and he just pulls up for a super contested three and drains it in my face at the buzzer. It was just an Allstar game so I didn't really care about losing, but it just irritated me how ridiculously hot he got down the stretch. Defense didn't bother him at all, especially on the final shot.

Just had to vent a little, thanks for listening. But I'm just curious, has anyone else seen 2k13 sig skills show up 2k14?
I've seen him with those sig skills. I had posted a picture before of it. Nobody responded though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #5622
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungThugga08
I've seen him with those sig skills. I had posted a picture before of it. Nobody responded though.
I must have missed that picture. Still have it?
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 08-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #5623
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Adidas, Jordan and Nike.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 08-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #5624
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
I must have missed that picture. Still have it?
The image box in my post, right click on it and you should be able to open it in a new tab or copy the url.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »