Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #5625
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungThugga08
I've seen him with those sig skills. I had posted a picture before of it. Nobody responded though.
What was your experience with this? Did he tear the place up, because that pretty much describes what happened to me.

I know there are Personality Badges that have the same effect as the sig skills he had, so it just confuses me as to why he suddenly had those...and I can only imagine what it might be like if he got those Bagdes too...

I don't know if its some sort of glitch that he got those, but he got crazy hot. I had on Lockdown Defender too, so I don't really know where to go from here the next time I face off with JE. If he makes consecutive baskets, I'm assuming that's when Mircowave kicks in, so I guess I'll just have to stay on him at all times. I have another showdown with the Jazz coming up, so we'll see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 12:42 AM   #5626
Rookie

I think I still have the image on my phone.

And when I played against him, I stayed on him pretty tight. He got most of his points when I wasn't on him.

Edit: I don't have the image anymore. Sad.

Last edited by YungThugga08; 08-14-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:33 AM   #5627
Rookie

If you're hoping that Kemba Walker is going to be awesome when he comes back from injury, don't hold your breath. Just lost to the Timberwolves thanks to him... from a tie game, he charged into the paint for about 10 possessions in a row (I kid you not) and got blocked every time - the entire Timberwolves team was in the paint. We lost by 20... from being tied with 5 minutes to go.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:32 AM   #5628
Rookie

The Bobcats, the Bucks, and the Hawks are the teams I've always had a hard time with. The Trailblazers were my favorite team I got drafted by. However, I like my Pistons save I have right now. They would be better if I was a Pg or Sg instead of another big tho.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #5629
Rookie

Haven't played my PG for awhile, so I can't remember my bogey team on the Timberwolves... but on my SF, the Bucks are mine. I just got beaten by them again, by 25 points. Mayo, Sessions, Knight, and Wolters, all just drop 3s all game long with hands in their faces... the Bucks ended up with 64%... from long range.

Me on the other hand, I ended up with 23% from long range. Sounds like I had a bad shooting night eh? One B+ quality, the rest all As (mostly -)... mostly perfect release... all wide open... with a +10 3 point training boost. I kind of figured the game was lost about 5 minutes into the first quarter when my first 2 open 3 pointers with A quality barely hit the rim (like an inch away from air balling). At that point, I just went "meh, it's one of those scripted to lose games" and just grinded it out.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #5630
Rookie

Idk.. I started another MyCareer after the season ended and I got drafted to the Kings. And I think out of the 22 games I've played so far, we've been blown out once. Every other game we've lost is by less than 10 points.

We even beat the Rockets who have the best record in the league, which I can't remember off the top of my head, but we beat them by like 5.

.. And how we ended up winning by 5 had me dumbfounded, but I'm glad it worked.

By the time I hit my first 3 pointer for the game, it was 2 minutes left in the 4th. That made me 1 of 4 for the game. The Rockets very next possession, they gave the ball to Parsons, and while he tried to break me down, I politely "borrowed" the ball from him. They miss again on the next possession, we get the ball, Rudy hits a 3. They miss again, and I make 2 free throws.. Then Harden hits a 2, and Lin hits a contested 3 to end the game.

And our record is 13-9.

This is the only MyCareer that I enjoy playing on.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #5631
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have a question regarding "sim to next key game". How do the simulated stats look like? Are they a little realistic/in line with what you are averaging?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #5632
Rookie

This is based off my PG which I haven't played in awhile - no. Everything went down significantly (PPG/APG/SPG/BPG)... but on the bright side, my RPG went way up.

Unrelated: Further observation after the injury of Kemba Walker - it appears that the ability/intelligence of the PG on your team is directly linked to the minutes he gets. For most of the season, Luke Ridnour has been the sixth man (and occasionally only a roleplayer) but has actually been playing relatively smart basketball. He's the only guard on the team that didn't do dumb things like charge into the paint when 80% of the opposing team was standing around in there. Now that Walker is injured, guess who picks up the slack? Ridnour - he's now the starting PG and the designated charge into the paint to get blocked repeatedly player. He also no longer takes open 3s, instead choosing to either pump fake until someone gets to him, or triple threat until someone gets to him. Smart passing? Gone - between me with an open 3 and a guy out in a crowd of players, he passes to the crowd (not to the team mate in the crowd mind you, just into the crowd).

Last edited by biatch0; 08-14-2014 at 02:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »