Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #5641
Rookie

sars973's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I'm a PF who got drafted to the Sixers. As of today we are 12-5 I believe, 2nd in the Eastern Conference.

I am the team's leading scorer 19.x ppg and the league's top overall rookie. Yet I am still just the 6th man with 28 minutes.

After the last two games, I may be giving up.

Game 1: We play the Pistons (2nd to last in the conference) in a game against my rival. 1st dynamic goal: shut down your rival. Great, except I'm not assigned to guard him? So I switch onto him, contest his layup attempt and wait for a slow falling rebound. The ball falls down straight in front of me, hits the floor, yet my player cannot pick it up. Of course my rival picks it up and scores. Fast forward to the end of the game. We are down 2, I take a contested layup and miss. We go back on defense and the following scenario occurs:

The Pistons PG drops the ball, kicks it out near out of bounds, then saves it perfectly to my rival who went out of bounds then back in bounds right under the hoop for a game-clinching dunk.

Game 2: We play the Magic, again a low level team. Somehow we find ourselves down by 13 once the 4th quarter begins. Dynamic goal: do everything you can to bring us back. I finish the game with 32 points (over 15 in the 4th) but we lose. The Magic make at least 6 wide open threes of course.

After the game the coach tells me that he's disappointed with my performance and that I will be getting less minutes from now on.

What kind of logic is this????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #5642
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sars973
I'm a PF who got drafted to the Sixers. As of today we are 12-5 I believe, 2nd in the Eastern Conference.

I am the team's leading scorer 19.x ppg and the league's top overall rookie. Yet I am still just the 6th man with 28 minutes.

Game 1: We play the Pistons (2nd to last in the conference) in a game against my rival. 1st dynamic goal: shut down your rival. Great, except I'm not assigned to guard him? So I switch onto him, contest his layup attempt and wait for a slow falling rebound. The ball falls down straight in front of me, hits the floor, yet my player cannot pick it up. Of course my rival picks it up and scores. Fast forward to the end of the game. We are down 2, I take a contested layup and miss. We go back on defense and the following scenario occurs:

The Pistons PG drops the ball, kicks it out near out of bounds, then saves it perfectly to my rival who went out of bounds then back in bounds right under the hoop for a game-clinching dunk.

Game 2: We play the Magic, again a low level team. Somehow we find ourselves down by 13 once the 4th quarter begins. Dynamic goal: do everything you can to bring us back. I finish the game with 32 points (over 15 in the 4th) but we lose. The Magic make at least 6 wide open threes of course.

After the game the coach tells me that he's disappointed with my performance and that I will be getting less minutes from now on.

the my career mode is rigged. Seriously.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #5643
Rookie

I am playing as Scoring PG. It's really good, your scoring attributes are more than enough just bought $10 vc to boost my speed and quickness that's all now my overall is 68 and earning play time and vc playing on Hall of fame. Only thing i hateon HOF is that only the AI gets maxed out better where my team mates play dumber than ever.
Btw Anybody playing PF or Center? How is it?
Old 08-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #5644
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDevil
I am playing as Scoring PG. It's really good, your scoring attributes are more than enough just bought $10 vc to boost my speed and quickness that's all now my overall is 68 and earning play time and vc playing on Hall of fame. Only thing i hateon HOF is that only the AI gets maxed out better where my team mates play dumber than ever.
Btw Anybody playing PF or Center? How is it?
I have a athletic center on the jazz and the play style is great, it's really easy to dominate whenever u want. And a face up PF on the cats who is scoring a but below my usual margin but from what I've seen once u get a good mid range on him he is pretty deadly
Old 08-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #5645
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sars973

i had the opposite cutscene for the first time, i think we were playing the magic also. i didn't have to score out of the world the team actually came through we moved the ball well ran some good fastbreaks and held em off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #5646
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Funny double dance.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 08-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #5647
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Kansas State Wildcats
Old 08-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #5648
Rookie

It's for the people who didn't try Power Forward. TRY IT! atleast once. Every alley oop and dunk and crazy standing dunk tendency is high and the point guard throws alley oop to you automatic evem. It's hard to stick in the beginning but anyhow if you can increase your athleticism and dunk rating and ball security you will be unstoppable and have a lot of fun. More importantly point guards are not given
more time. In rookie showcase my coach benched me at the end of 4th quarter, till then i played non stop with my PF. Overall it's odee fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »