Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #5665
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Just ended regulation in the first game of the series against the Pistons in the first round of the playoffs. Was leading by 3 with 20 seconds to go... Pistons need a 3 to tie the game... what do the Bobcats do? Sag off all the 3 point shooters...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #5666
Just started!

Has anyone experienced the unbelievable cheese that happens in the Rookie Showcase? I had tried multiple times to get drafted before Jackson Ellis, and then realized that you had to have at least double a few of his stats to get picked before him. I think, at least, 2K could have at least given Jackson a more reasonable reason to be picked before you, instead of his 'body of work'.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #5667
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokehawk
Against the Knicks, I scored 45 points, setting the Bobcats team record for scoring. After the game, the GM talks to me. He says he doesn't know what's wrong with my game, but he's concerned, and I need to pick it up?!!

I just scored MORE POINTS THAN ANYONE FOR YOUR FRANCHISE, and you're telling me to pick up my game? That game I also lead the team in assists (6), rebounds (13) and blocks (5). What does he want me to do?
Same thing happened to me after a dropped a 40 points and a triple double against the Nuggets. I was key gaming though, so I was wondering what could cause something like this. When I checked my recent game history, it turns out I had been averaging 12 points a game in the simulated games.

I'm a four time scoring champion, so this made no sense either. But it turns out all of my shooting tendencies had dropped for some reason, so I was only taking about six to ten shots per game.

Are you key gaming? Because your GM might be reacting to your simulated stats. If not, then he's just out of his mind.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #5668
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

Whats up….

So I am in the playoffs of my 5th year. And like everyone else who has made it that far in their career, I HAVE NO SALARY. Ive already done enough research and I see Free Agency isn't a part of the MYCAREER. It just never happens.

Im a die hard 2K fan but this situation really angers me. Ive bought 2k every year its been released and clearly 2k suckered everybody into the next gen version of 2k14 as it is not a complete game. 2k14 for 360 has so many more features and capabilities besides graphics than the next gen.

For anyone who plans to play MYCAREER a lot from now til 2k15 releases, I WOULDN'T! You never get traded to the teams you are interested in. I have been traded 3 times in 5 years. I won 3 straight championships with the Kings and finally asked out in the 4th year. Then got traded to the Twolves, which I didn't want. So I asked for another trade in year 4, right before the trade deadline and got traded to……the Timberwolves. So traded to the same team I was already on. Then from there is got whacked out, my twitter was all about facing my old team the TWolves even though I was on the team still.

Just a very frustrating journey for me. I should have looked into the Free Agency thing much earlier or I would have stopped playing the damn game a long time ago.

By year 5 I have accomplished pretty much everything you can….MVP's, FMVP's, DPOY, Scoring leader, assists, steals, blocks leader, 4 championships, about to be 5 championships… but I would say this experience got stale by end of year 3 or 4, especially after year 4 when you realize free agency should have come up.

In my 5th year Im in the playoffs in the 2nd round, playing the Twolves who traded me at the beginning of the year to my current team, the Nuggs. The only thing that is left that has my focus at all is to get to the finals Ill have to go through my previous two teams, the Wolves and Kings. The Kings are fond to my heart because we had such a dominant team. Mclemore, D Williams, Cuz, and Rudy Gay all were rated in the 80's the whole time i was there basically so it was me a 99 rated PG w/ 40 80+ guys = unstoppable.

I guess ill finish out the playoffs because I'm this deep in. It's just bull**** that I'm not gonna get to go to Free Agency, I devoted myself to this game mode like no other.

My last thought for the future of my 2k14 career mode is requesting a trade in my 6th season and asking to go to teams I don't want to play for and see if I finally go to a team I want to play for.

2k15 better be much better for next gen(outside of gameplay which i love). Im all about the my player/my career mode every year and 2k14 next gen screwed me bad.

Not to mention in franchise mode or whatever they now call it, you can't play with a friend after building a team. The franchise mode is way to geared towards VC.

I hope NBA live can make some major strides because 2k has had the market cornered and can do what they want and people still buy it and its not fair.

The fact that 2k has previous versions of 2k with Free Agency in them but they don't do it for their most state of the art game yet. This fact, has literally changed my opinion of 2k basketball. I don't know what the hell the developers were thinking leaving such a massive part of MY CAREER out.

At least if I keep playing MY CAREER i can have Gary Payton challenge me to 5 steals 100 more times and have the same exact pre game chat with Jackson Ellis another 100 times….or my agent come yell at me for no reason and try to get me a KIA deal for the 100th time.

Worst part is, I don't even feel better after that rant. Just don't play 2k14 next gen career mode past year 2….nothing new happens after that. I m not kidding people, its recycled garbage after year 2.

I pray to GOD somebody from 2k reads this. Idiots scamming ppl for more money.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #5669
Rookie

sars973's Arena

An update on my career, which has been strange to say the least.

Frustrated with goals that are impossible to achieve and being stuck as the 6th man on the 76ers despite being the team's leading scorer and the league's top rookie, I decided to ask for a trade when given the option.

Me: I would like to be traded.

76ers GM: Ok, I'll give you a few days in case you change your mind, but we may still trade you.

I play the next game, score close to 30 points in a win.

76ers GM: You have really been playing well lately. Coach and I think you can start in the next few games.

CUTSCENE BACK INTO GM'S OFFICE

76ers GM: This is hard to say, but we have traded you to the Trailblazers.

LOL WUT?? I go from potentially starting to being traded without getting a chance to change my mind.

This is made all the more baffling by the fact that in my first meeting with the Blazers GM, he asked if I still wanted to be traded. WHAT?!?! I JUST WAS TRADED????!! THE 76ERS SHOULD HAVE ASKED ME THAT?!!?!

Bottom line: it all worked out because the Blazers are a better team (top 2 in the West, although the 76ers were top 3 in the East--again WUT) and it seems that since the Blazers have higher rated players their AI IQ is better and they actually pass me the ball. In 3 games with the Blazers I've averaged 30 points compared to 20 with Philly.

And I should be taking Thomas Robinson's starting spot next game according to the GM/Coach.

At this point, I'll point out that I am the #3 PF overall in the League, with LaMarcus Aldridge at #1. So it seems that the Blazers starting me at PF and Aldridge at C will be unstoppable.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:17 AM   #5670
Rookie

So, I'm playing the Mavs. Coach tells me I need to show Dirk Nowitski that there's a new kid on the block. So, I proceed to score 38, grab 18 boards, dish 8 dimes, and add 4 blocks. Only 1 foul and 1 TO.

Dirk had 14 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists, along with 3 fouls and a turnover. Yayyy me!

Wait - what was that? Big Red X for the objective? Reporter asks me why I didn't outplay the superstar?

SMDH.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:19 AM   #5671
Rookie

Smile Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherguy
Same thing happened to me after a dropped a 40 points and a triple double against the Nuggets. I was key gaming though, so I was wondering what could cause something like this. When I checked my recent game history, it turns out I had been averaging 12 points a game in the simulated games.

I'm a four time scoring champion, so this made no sense either. But it turns out all of my shooting tendencies had dropped for some reason, so I was only taking about six to ten shots per game.

Are you key gaming? Because your GM might be reacting to your simulated stats. If not, then he's just out of his mind.
I did key game 1 long stretch earlier in the season, and notice the same crazy stats that you mention. But that was 15 games ago, I'd hope the GM would get over it.

He better - my Jordan brand shoe just rolled out, so I think I could talk MJ into switching GMs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 02:01 AM   #5672
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokehawk
So, I'm playing the Mavs. Coach tells me I need to show Dirk Nowitski that there's a new kid on the block. So, I proceed to score 38, grab 18 boards, dish 8 dimes, and add 4 blocks. Only 1 foul and 1 TO.

Dirk had 14 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists, along with 3 fouls and a turnover. Yayyy me!

Wait - what was that? Big Red X for the objective? Reporter asks me why I didn't outplay the superstar?

SMDH.
Did you guys win?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »