Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #5673
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Well, I just got through another Park session, and I can say without a doubt that if it's in 2k15, they had better do some major tweaking to this mode. They need to tone down the 3-point percentage, somehow get rid of the zig-zag garbage and do something about all the reaching.

My first game was against a team that only took threes. Nothing else. They wouldn't drive, throw lobs or anything. They would just run right to left using screens to get open for threes. I know we're supposed to have freedom to play how we want, but play styles like these lack realism and just piss off the person that's trying to play defense. Not everyone can come off a screen and pull up for three like Curry.

And then there's people with Deadeye and Shot Creator. Good 'man to man' defense goes unrewarded on the Park, because if someone can get either of these skills to activate, more often then not they'll make the shot. I'm alright at defense, I can stay in front of my man, but if they get just a bit of space to pull up, I can get a hand a in their face but they'll still make it. The skills that reward people for bad shot selection should be toned done or removed.

And then my biggest enemy is people that camp in the lane with ACTIVE HANDS. More often than not, my jump shot is off, so I take it to the rim. But there's always someone there waiting to strip you. And what frustrates me the most is when people say 'good defense' for that. It's not good defense! Those campers always leave their man to strip people, but when I try to pass out I get sucked into the animation where they foul you.

I know that Active Hands was originally the way to stop Sprite Posterizer, but now everyone spams it to stop someone from scoring in the paint. Either this skills needs to be removed from the Park all together, or it needs to be nerfed, because everyone has Active Hands level 3 which apparently lets you strip people 100% of the time.

Sprite Posterizer should also go just to be fair to the people on the receiving end because it denies the person any chance of blocking the dunk. And I know how frustrating it is for the PF's and C's on the park who get dunked on my 5'11 PG's.

Then there's just all of the reaching. I heard a guy say something that made perfect sense. "They need to put a delay between each reach." I was like, yeah, that solves the problem almost immediately. This will stop people from spamming the steal button because it'll shut off for a small interval after one reach. It'll also force everyone to actually learn when to reach and when not to, and hopefully reintroduce everyone to some good ol' man to man defense. Good bye spammers!

And one last thing, the super reactions. I've stripped people countless times only for the person I stripped to get the ball before I do. That doesn't make sense. If I stripped him, I should be the first person reacting to where the ball is going, not him. And the same thing with blocking. I seen people get blocked and be the first to get it back. This needs to be fixed.

I kind of like the Park, because when I play friends it can be really fun. Show off some dribble moves, take fancy shots, crazy lay ups and dunk with authority. But its frustrating to see that unrealistic basketball will win you games versus actual B-ball. If the Park is going to remain for 2k15, those are some of the problems I've run into.

And to the guy ranting about free agency, I feel your pain bruh.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #5674
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Whats up….

So I am in the playoffs of my 5th year. And like everyone else who has made it that far in their career, I HAVE NO SALARY. Ive already done enough research and I see Free Agency isn't a part of the MYCAREER. It just never happens.

Im a die hard 2K fan but this situation really angers me. Ive bought 2k every year its been released and clearly 2k suckered everybody into the next gen version of 2k14 as it is not a complete game. 2k14 for 360 has so many more features and capabilities besides graphics than the next gen.

For anyone who plans to play MYCAREER a lot from now til 2k15 releases, I WOULDN'T! You never get traded to the teams you are interested in. I have been traded 3 times in 5 years. I won 3 straight championships with the Kings and finally asked out in the 4th year. Then got traded to the Twolves, which I didn't want. So I asked for another trade in year 4, right before the trade deadline and got traded to……the Timberwolves. So traded to the same team I was already on. Then from there is got whacked out, my twitter was all about facing my old team the TWolves even though I was on the team still.

Just a very frustrating journey for me. I should have looked into the Free Agency thing much earlier or I would have stopped playing the damn game a long time ago.

By year 5 I have accomplished pretty much everything you can….MVP's, FMVP's, DPOY, Scoring leader, assists, steals, blocks leader, 4 championships, about to be 5 championships… but I would say this experience got stale by end of year 3 or 4, especially after year 4 when you realize free agency should have come up.

In my 5th year Im in the playoffs in the 2nd round, playing the Twolves who traded me at the beginning of the year to my current team, the Nuggs. The only thing that is left that has my focus at all is to get to the finals Ill have to go through my previous two teams, the Wolves and Kings. The Kings are fond to my heart because we had such a dominant team. Mclemore, D Williams, Cuz, and Rudy Gay all were rated in the 80's the whole time i was there basically so it was me a 99 rated PG w/ 40 80+ guys = unstoppable.

I guess ill finish out the playoffs because I'm this deep in. It's just bull**** that I'm not gonna get to go to Free Agency, I devoted myself to this game mode like no other.

My last thought for the future of my 2k14 career mode is requesting a trade in my 6th season and asking to go to teams I don't want to play for and see if I finally go to a team I want to play for.

2k15 better be much better for next gen(outside of gameplay which i love). Im all about the my player/my career mode every year and 2k14 next gen screwed me bad.

Not to mention in franchise mode or whatever they now call it, you can't play with a friend after building a team. The franchise mode is way to geared towards VC.

I hope NBA live can make some major strides because 2k has had the market cornered and can do what they want and people still buy it and its not fair.

The fact that 2k has previous versions of 2k with Free Agency in them but they don't do it for their most state of the art game yet. This fact, has literally changed my opinion of 2k basketball. I don't know what the hell the developers were thinking leaving such a massive part of MY CAREER out.

At least if I keep playing MY CAREER i can have Gary Payton challenge me to 5 steals 100 more times and have the same exact pre game chat with Jackson Ellis another 100 times….or my agent come yell at me for no reason and try to get me a KIA deal for the 100th time.

Worst part is, I don't even feel better after that rant. Just don't play 2k14 next gen career mode past year 2….nothing new happens after that. I m not kidding people, its recycled garbage after year 2.

I pray to GOD somebody from 2k reads this. Idiots scamming ppl for more money.
Inside hoops family right here

Last edited by Heat_Nation; 08-22-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #5675
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
Did you guys win?
Yup - I know it was double digiits - it was enough that coach sat me for the end of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #5676
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokehawk
Yup - I know it was double digiits - it was enough that coach sat me for the end of the game.
Oh well i guess it was scripted to ask the negative question
Old 08-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #5677
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone know if you can edit MyCareer rosters now? I wanna try to play with a most recently updated roster (LBJ to Cavs, etc.)

Old 08-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #5678
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louizzle
Anyone know if you can edit MyCareer rosters now? I wanna try to play with a most recently updated roster (LBJ to Cavs, etc.)

You cant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #5679
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Nation
Inside hoops family right here
ISH stand up
Old 08-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #5680
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
Did you guys win?
It happened again. I just broke my own scoring record on the Bobcats with 49 points, crushing our rival Pelicans. Anthony Davis fouled out trying to stop me, and I added 11 rebounds 3, blocks, 3 steals, and 4 assists.

After the game, I go to the GM's office, and he says "I don't normally like to do this in person, but I can see you're in a slump. Do whatever you have to do to snap yourself out of it".

WTH? Twitters already filling up with MVP talk, I'm beating Durant for #1 in the league in PER, I'm going to the All Star game, the Rising Stars Challenge AND the Dunk Contest, and I just BROKE MY OWN ALL-TIME TEAM SCORING RECORD. What kind of slump is that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »