Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #577
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I declined, and my guy says:

"Vampires in Alaska? Come on man, it's too cold for Vampires in Alaska.

Besides, I'm holding out for Benjamin Franklin: Zombie Chaser."

I find it funny too....I turned this down, although I WAS REALLY TEMPTED

Then a thought came to me, in Alaska, half of the year is Sunny (even during evening)....so Vampires i dont know if Vampires will "hybernate" during this season and wait for the other half of the year wherein it will be dark all day long.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #578
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Plus there was already a real "Vampires in Alaska" movie that was made a few years back, and I don't think it did very well:

Old 11-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #579
Rookie

OVR: 2

Some of these dynamic goals are absolutely ridiculous. Which makes the fact that your playing time/rotation spot depends on these even more ridiculous.

Everybody knows the "cut lead down" or "take the lead" goals. Sometimes they are achievable, but other times it seems the other team goes on a 13-0 run right after hitting every imaginable shot they take while my teammates chuck up brick after brick. Leaving me with a 18 point deficit and a "Take the lead" dynamic goal that is nearly impossible to get to.

Also, if your coach calls on you to take over the game for some reason as a rookie who hasn't even cracked the starting lineup or just recently did, why are your team-mates seemingly oblivious to this?Too many times have I gotten the "Score 10 straight points" or "Spark a run by yourself" goals only to get in position, cut to an open spot on the wing and call for the ball (where I would usually get it in normal game situations) to have my point guard ignore me and create a play on his own.

And why, oh why does my coach think that I THINK I'm a superstar? My most recent goal was "You seem to think you're a star already, well time to prove it, score 10 straight points". I don't think I'm a star at all, I think I'm a modest 15-5-5 slashing guard more deserving of goals like "Don't get any turnovers" or "watch your shot selection". I've done almost everything positive to keep up team chemistry and keep the GM/Coach happy (I didn't back up Favors when he got fouled hard, but everything else I've been a damn suck up to the whole organization even though they were starting Brandon f*cking Rush over me for 30 games).

2k needs to fix rotations as well, I'm tired of playing 10 minutes in the first half and 24-28 in the second. Let me and the rest of the starters save some energy so we can be effective late game.

/Rant. Other than those issues, I've been having a pretty fun time playing the game. I'm with the Jazz, we're finally starting to win some games now that I've been put into the starting lineup. We're at 12-23 or something around that now. The West has been pretty weak surprisingly though so we can probably sneak into a playoff spot by the end of the season.

If you're a perimeter player and you like working with big men, whether pick-n-roll, post n re-post, whatever. Favors/Kanter is a great pair of young big men to work with. Kanter finishes everything I give him near the hoop and sinks a fair amount of free throws too. Favors is an amazing shot-blocker who can cover your back if you get beat up top, and has some finishing ability on offense as well although it could get better. Hayward and Burke are both a pain though, Hayward passes up EVERYTHING, give him a wide open three in the corner and he just freezes like he's never held a basketball before lol. If you want Hayward to score, give him the ball and clear out for isolation, about the only way. Burke chucks sooo many shots, he's averaging 11/6 on the year with 35% shooting and 31% on threes. He does bail me out for time to time and hits some tough shots but his shot selection is so terrible that I shy away from passing to him in almost any situation.

Wow, well that post went longer than I expected. Hope everyone is having fun in their mycareer, aside from a few issues I know I am.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #580
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFig
Anyone else having trouble equipping compression shorts and a undershirt? I press X to equip and it doesn't equip it, but it'll equip knee sleeves.
Yea im having that problem but just with the shoes. I dont even have the closet option in mycareer either.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #581
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Probably thats the one the scriptwriter was thinking when he included this scene.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #582
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossPineapple
What team should I request a trade to, or should I stay with my team?

6'11" Small Forward, Athletic, 88 ovr Maxed shooting stats (85 3pt, 90 mid, 85 close) + Powerweb sleeve and I rep that +10 training boost every game 5 games at a time, so 99 three usually.

On the Blazers. Was thinking Rockets but they have no interest in me. Maybe Cavs dynasty w/ Kyrie and Anthony?
When you request a trade does it show every team that is interested/not interested in you or do they just show you a handful of teams that area interested? Do you pick a few teams that you are interested in like in 2k13?
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Old 11-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #583
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabam916
Yea im having that problem but just with the shoes. I dont even have the closet option in mycareer either.
Did you start your MyCareer the very first day you bought the ps4 and 2k14 next gen? Cause I believe that could potentially be the cause. I remember when I first started my first MyCareer (the Friday the ps4 came out) there were a lot of options that were missing in MyCareer. I even bought VC (10 dollar PS Store gift card) that was not being transferred over to my first MyCareer although I bought it from the MyCareer screen. I also did not have MyPlayer Closet and the Champs Store icon in the options within MyCareer.

I then read that in order for your VC to transfer over, you have to start a new MyCareer. I started a new one (though I did not want to) and my VC had been transferred over and the MyPlayer Closet and the Champs Store icons showed up within the options in MyCareer. I was then able to equip everything I've bought with no problems. Shoes, all the extra accesories that give an attribute boost, etc. I do not have an endorsement yet but I have been creating 2k shoes (in the Features section), save it, then enter MyCareer to buy it from Champs Store (for free) then I am able to equip it on MyPlayer in the MyPlayer closet option from within MyCareer with no problems.

Hope this helps.

TL;DR - You might have to start a new MyCareer to overcome your problem (which sucks).

Last edited by patchwork; 11-28-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #584
Rookie

Hey guys just signed up to here to ask a question, cannot seem to find answers through googling

I started MyCareer, played okay in the Rookie Showcase (not the best at the game) 30 points, 2, rebs, 2 assists, then I got drafted to Minnesota Timberwolves, I hate the Timberwolves. I dont want to play for them. How do I request a trade? I'm purposely playing horrible in games and arguing with all my teammates and backchatting the GM in hope for a trade but no success so far. Date on my calendar is December 1st. Any help would be appreciated

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »