Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #585
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersMeeks
Hey guys just signed up to here to ask a question, cannot seem to find answers through googling

I started MyCareer, played okay in the Rookie Showcase (not the best at the game) 30 points, 2, rebs, 2 assists, then I got drafted to Minnesota Timberwolves, I hate the Timberwolves. I dont want to play for them. How do I request a trade? I'm purposely playing horrible in games and arguing with all my teammates and backchatting the GM in hope for a trade but no success so far. Date on my calendar is December 1st. Any help would be appreciated
You gotta wait a little longer. Around mid-late December you will be able to ask for a trade when you sit down with the GM and he asks you how's everything going. But before that, there will be a cutscene with you and your friend agent and he tells you that you'll be able to ask for a trade soon. Be patient and keep playing, you'll get there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #586
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork
You gotta wait a little longer. Around mid-late December you will be able to ask for a trade when you sit down with the GM and he asks you how's everything going. But before that, there will be a cutscene with you and your friend agent and he tells you that you'll be able to ask for a trade soon. Be patient and keep playing, you'll get there.
Just had the cutscene with my agent, thanks for the info!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #587
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersMeeks
Hey guys just signed up to here to ask a question, cannot seem to find answers through googling

I started MyCareer, played okay in the Rookie Showcase (not the best at the game) 30 points, 2, rebs, 2 assists, then I got drafted to Minnesota Timberwolves, I hate the Timberwolves. I dont want to play for them. How do I request a trade? I'm purposely playing horrible in games and arguing with all my teammates and backchatting the GM in hope for a trade but no success so far. Date on my calendar is December 1st. Any help would be appreciated
Better be a good player coz no one will take a risk in getting you via trade....just my 0.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
When you request a trade does it show every team that is interested/not interested in you or do they just show you a handful of teams that area interested? Do you pick a few teams that you are interested in like in 2k13?
It will show you all the teams and their opinion about you based on colored bars - to see this, either while driving or on board, press O, then go to my Player tab, press L2/R2 (i think).
Old 11-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #588
Rookie

BFig's Arena

OVR: 2

Is it impossible to get traded to a team you want to go to? I've asked for a trade 4 times this season and got traded to teams I don't wanna be on, and actually I got traded to the Grizzlies twice. I understand about the whole interest part but I'm selecting teams that are interested and some that aren't. I mean something has to give sometime.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NBA: Chicago Bulls, Golden State Warriors
Soccer: PSG,USA
Old 11-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #589
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The first time I brought up being traded, I requested to go to either the Jazz, Raptors, or Grizzlies.

By my second meeting, the GM told me I had been shipped out to Utah. Utah had the most interest in me of the three teams I originally requested.

It probably helped that my GM relationship bar was at 100% before I asked for a trade.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #590
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Yeah i bought a few not really feeling them i was hoping i could get tat'd up like Monta Ellis
Do they look better atleast, like do they cover more skin?

Or are they more or less like current gen?

Old 11-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #591
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

i looked on the teams interested in me: Pelicans (15th, where Ellis is playing, i wonder why they want me), Utah (11th) (Detroit (14th in EC), Chicago (1st in EC). Chicago having the highest interest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #592
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

So to avoid getting stuck(bugs) at a moment in the season, its best to not have real% for Ft?

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »