Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #633
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraulo234
cool thanks, will try

did not know that, seriously 2k had some bad menus prior to this game but this is just the worst yet ever ive seen in any video game
This game by far has the worst menus ever. For the game to be lacking features it seems like they tried to make the menus difficult on purpose.
LA DODGERS
Old 11-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #634
Pro

OVR: 5

How do i start new MYcareer? Can't find way to do it. Everybody online is a PG, i want to make a center. ..Any ideas?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #635
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukk
How do i start new MYcareer? Can't find way to do it. Everybody online is a PG, i want to make a center. ..Any ideas?
At the main menu highlight mycareer and press triangle or Y then you will see your files then select new career.
You can have a maximum of 5. Just come back to this menu when you want to switch between them.
LA DODGERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #636
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraulo234
yeah it sucks, weird that it worked for a couple of games

btw signature skills from cg to next gen are identical correct? because theres no description on what the sig skill actually do on next gen
Hit Y on XB1 or Triangle on PS4.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #637
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Dare I say, I miss the old My Career. All this cutscene, scripted nonsense is corny and annoying. I just want to play ball.

It's to the point where I feel like the games are even scripted. When the game decides your team isn't getting this victory, because you need to have a bad game or take a loss to further their "Story", that's when it becomes a problem. Don't make it blatant that you're making my team miss WIDE OPEN layups, or the CPU team starts making ridiculously crazy shots, at such a high clip you just know it's scripted. 2K14 Next Gen is becoming a complete fail for me.

If you're going to have a "Life" inside your career, 2K could have at least made it realistic. A lot of the things that happen are pointless or don't even make sense.

Last edited by Gosens6; 11-30-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #638
Rookie

OVR: 2

Finally signed with NIKE!! #newslaves it took me 70 games and Ellis is a 88overall with shot creator, finisher,shot creator, microwave and floor general!!
Old 11-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #639
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
I have been getting the error all day. My career loads then I click a menu and the screen goes blue.
Y'all going to have to wait for the patch that's coming out next wk by Friday
Old 11-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #640
Rookie

OVR: 0

A question to all of you?

what difficulty do you play this game on?

Ive played on hall of fame default for around 10+ games, casual on around 5+ games

and now tried simulation for 1 game, and wow what a difference, here's what i found with the following difficulties

default:

wow this is the hardest one imo, teams cheese so hard (yes the guy you're defending performs amazing dribble moves in traffic IN the paint, your teammate helps, his guy slides to the 'open' spot and the cpu executes the most accurate bounce pass against three defenders in the paint, yes this happens A LOT), and when you play top teams/good offensive teams, when they go on a run, look out, you cant do ****, theyll shoot 60+ FG% and hit 3s like theyre layups and to make matters worse they average 20+ FTs against you

its possible to beat mediocre teams but the weird thing is when you're on the bench the scoring is realistic and FG%, as soon as you get on court, they shoot what seems like 70+% FG%, no joke to and thats why at the end of the game theyre FG% is 50 - 60+ %

now offensively, its toughest to score a lot of points here against good defensive teams, you always get contact animations so whenever you wanna pass out of a pick and roll or want to kick out when you attack the paint, chances are you are in some type of animation and before you get to pass the ball your open team mate is now covered

also: on ball defense for some reason is the worst here, HUGE delayed reaction even if you upgrade your on ball d to 85+

casual:

default with some differences:

sig less contact animations, on ball d is much more responsive, the opposing teams get to the line less, you can beat mediocre teams but very hard to beat good teams

just like in default settings, when the cpu decides to go on a run, theyll shoot 70+% when you are in the game no problem

now simulation: i have just played one game so im gonna have to play more to test this but man what a difference, yes you can actually play defense on hall of fame and they actually miss contested shots! wow, they dont shoot 70% when ur in the game and on ball d is best here, no lag imo, you can hold that L2 and keep up with who you're guarding

we'll see if this keeps up when i play a couple more games and against top teams

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »