Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #641
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Dare I say, I miss the old My Career. All this cutscene, scripted nonsense is corny and annoying. I just want to play ball.

It's to the point where I feel like the games are even scripted. When the game decides your team isn't getting this victory, because you need to have a bad game or take a loss to further their "Story", that's when it becomes a problem. Don't make it blatant that you're making my team miss WIDE OPEN layups, or the CPU team starts making ridiculously crazy shots, at such a high clip you just know it's scripted. 2K14 Next Gen is becoming a complete fail for me.

If you're going to have a "Life" inside your career, 2K could have at least made it realistic. A lot of the things that happen are pointless or don't even make sense.
yep, when it's time for you to have that FT shooting cutscene, you'll miss two FTs in a row no matter how perfectly timed you release the ball

when its time for that bad FG% scene, you'll miss wide opens 3s even if you have 80+ 3 pt shot and nobody nowhere near you

when its time for that scene where you're coach scold you because you ddint make an impact, you'll also shoot poorly, or even if you dont the opposing team shoot 65% FG

this is my experience so far at least on hall of fame

right now i just hope they dont have storyline cutscene that affects shooting % in the POs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #642
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

This mode is stupid, no other way to put it. I'm in a game at Charlotte, we're up by 20 at the half, i'm lighting it up. Second half comes, fourth quarter and we're down by 13.

Okay, I have a coach goal to bring the team back and win the game. Not in this game! Ben Gordon hits contested three after contested three, they get EVERY offensive board, and you know how the CPU is when it gets in the paint, automatic. and it's MY fault we lose the game?

I'm getting yelled at by the coach because I didn't single handedly bring the team back to win. I finished with 30 points and 6 assists, while shooting 45% , what the hell else am I supposed to do?

My minutes get cut back because I played well and the team lost? Okay lol. What a joke
Old 11-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #643
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
This mode is stupid, no other way to put it. I'm in a game at Charlotte, we're up by 20 at the half, i'm lighting it up. Second half comes, fourth quarter and we're down by 13.

Okay, I have a coach goal to bring the team back and win the game. Not in this game! Ben Gordon hits contested three after contested three, they get EVERY offensive board, and you know how the CPU is when it gets in the paint, automatic. and it's MY fault we lose the game?

I'm getting yelled at by the coach because I didn't single handedly bring the team back to win. I finished with 30 points and 6 assists, while shooting 45% , what the hell else am I supposed to do?

My minutes get cut back because I played well and the team lost? Okay lol. What a joke
Even if you complete the goal your mins wont go up just ignore that stuff
Old 11-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #644
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Even if you complete the goal your mins wont go up just ignore that stuff
I know, I figured, it's just stupid and doesn't make sense. It's my fault that when I was on the bench, the opposing team came back and took a 20 point lead.

Then, you expect to put me in with 7 minutes left in the game to come back from that and win?

With the logic this game plays at, how am I supposed to do that when the AI hits ANY shot they want in this mode.

Then I get reprimanded for the entire team losing, and me playing the best in the last 7 minutes of the game. It's stupid.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #645
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I know, I figured, it's just stupid and doesn't make sense. It's my fault that when I was on the bench, the opposing team came back and took a 20 point lead.

Then, you expect to put me in with 7 minutes left in the game to come back from that and win?

With the logic this game plays at, how am I supposed to do that when the AI hits ANY shot they want in this mode.

Then I get reprimanded for the entire team losing, and me playing the best in the last 7 minutes of the game. It's stupid.
Yeah it is

I remember on my SF with the Jazz we were down by like 20 i brought us back into the game coach takes me out and puts me back in when we're down by the same amount again

And he says " go out there and get us back in the game " with 5 mins left..like what the hell did you even take me out for?

Anyway after the game i just chose the answers that flipped out on the coach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #646
Rookie

SMH these rotations are killing me. I play the last 20 minutes of the game, so i have no stamina left for the last 4 minutes or so
Old 11-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #647
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSharp
Did anyone here get drafted to the Knicks as a PG? I tried over 20 times now and always get snatched by the jazz at 21.
If you got drafted by them, what kind of stats did you have in the showcase? How did you answer the questions from your agent?
I'm still trying. When giving "good" answers to the questions I can't get past the Jazz however **** I play in the showcase. Putting in some less admirable answers dropped me to the 26th pick, but I was also interviewed by the Suns at #30. Gonna try to leave one good answer and see where that gets me. I foul out of the showcase with 0% fg and a bunch of TOs.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #648
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotatingkitchen
SMH these rotations are killing me. I play the last 20 minutes of the game, so i have no stamina left for the last 4 minutes or so
I had to get the Gatorade skill to combat playing the whole second half each game.
LA DODGERS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »