Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #649
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I know, I figured, it's just stupid and doesn't make sense. It's my fault that when I was on the bench, the opposing team came back and took a 20 point lead.

Then, you expect to put me in with 7 minutes left in the game to come back from that and win?

With the logic this game plays at, how am I supposed to do that when the AI hits ANY shot they want in this mode.

Then I get reprimanded for the entire team losing, and me playing the best in the last 7 minutes of the game. It's stupid.
Our gameplay should dictate the cutscenes not the other way around.
LA DODGERS
Old 11-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #650
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

OVR: 0

Coach told me to take over and I did just that. I turned a 15 point deficit to a 1 point but he comes ball hog Damien Lillard. He doesn't pass anyone the ball on out next 3 possessions and turns the ball over on all of them. We end up losing and coach blames me wtf. This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened
Old 11-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #651
Rookie

OVR: 2

Like a lot of others in this thread. I'm pretty close to being absolutely fed up with this game mode. MyGM is a mess, and this is looking like it too, and I never was a MyTeam guy so other than NBA Today, and quick games online, I'm not sure I'm going to use this game for anything.

I just had the sidekick thing come up with Derrick Favors against the Bucks, so I was asked to feed him the ball all game. I did, got him 41 points on 30 shots when his previous career high was 27 (The rest of the team had 41 points total). The game was tied at the time, I get subbed out, and when I get subbed back in the fourth quarter, we are down by 15 and I am asked to bring us back into the game.
Cue Trey Burke chucking contested threes for no apparent reason, me missing every wide open shot I have, Favors/Kanter missing every shot they have because they're tired and the coach refuses to sub either out. And on top of that, Ekpe Udoh of all people goes on a 10-0 run by himself, Carlos Delfino's being left open by Hayward on every play and we're now down 25 and I'm STILL being asked to cut it down to 5.

Needless to say, we end up losing by 20-30 and Favors is jumping around like a child after the game so happy he got his 40 points and doesn't even mention that we got blown out by the lowly Bucks.

So I ask, what is the point of MyCareer if you're forced to play 2k's career? I want the game to adapt to how I play, I shouldn't have to adapt to how 2k wants me to play. And why does 2k want you to lose/fail when you do everything they ask you to? Isn't a 11-25 record bad enough? At least give me a chance to make the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #652
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP.Trey
Like a lot of others in this thread. I'm pretty close to being absolutely fed up with this game mode. MyGM is a mess, and this is looking like it too, and I never was a MyTeam guy so other than NBA Today, and quick games online, I'm not sure I'm going to use this game for anything.

I just had the sidekick thing come up with Derrick Favors against the Bucks, so I was asked to feed him the ball all game. I did, got him 41 points on 30 shots when his previous career high was 27 (The rest of the team had 41 points total). The game was tied at the time, I get subbed out, and when I get subbed back in the fourth quarter, we are down by 15 and I am asked to bring us back into the game.
Cue Trey Burke chucking contested threes for no apparent reason, me missing every wide open shot I have, Favors/Kanter missing every shot they have because they're tired and the coach refuses to sub either out. And on top of that, Ekpe Udoh of all people goes on a 10-0 run by himself, Carlos Delfino's being left open by Hayward on every play and we're now down 25 and I'm STILL being asked to cut it down to 5.

Needless to say, we end up losing by 20-30 and Favors is jumping around like a child after the game so happy he got his 40 points and doesn't even mention that we got blown out by the lowly Bucks.

So I ask, what is the point of MyCareer if you're forced to play 2k's career? I want the game to adapt to how I play, I shouldn't have to adapt to how 2k wants me to play. And why does 2k want you to lose/fail when you do everything they ask you to? Isn't a 11-25 record bad enough? At least give me a chance to make the playoffs.
See, that's how you know this crap is scripted. Too many people have had the exact same thing happen to them for it to just be coincidence.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #653
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

How often are you forced into losing games? i didn't get that deep into it with my SF but with all these problems you guys had with it im leaning towards not even making another player
Old 11-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #654
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
How often are you forced into losing games? i didn't get that deep into it with my SF but with all these problems you guys had with it im leaning towards not even making another player
It happens a lot unfortunately. When you come out of the game, and magically come back in and your team is down by 15 or more, and the coach asks you to single handedly do it, get ready to get blamed for the double digit loss.

It's pathetic.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #655
Rookie

OVR: 2

If they fixed rotations so A) I'm not playing 40+ minutes per game. I mean nobody in the league is averaging 40+ mpg, and only a handful of players have this millennium. Why am I? A run of the mill rookie for a bad Jazz team getting over 40 minutes? It makes zero sense. I should be getting 32 minutes MAX with how I'm playing. I'M AN AVERAGE NBA PLAYER! NOT A 73 OVR SUPERSTAR LIKE YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE ME.

And B) I'm playing equally as much or close to it, in the first half as the second half. If I'm being FORCED to play 40 minutes, can you at least make it 20 in the first and 20 in the second half rather than 16 in the first and 24 in the second? Along with my teammates too. How on earth do you expect us to win a close game at the end if every player on the court has a Gatorade symbol next to their name?

And if they either took away the "Cut lead to 5","Get us the lead",etc. type goals or at least made it so that the opponents role players don't hit every tough shot while your star players miss every wide open shot as soon as the goal pops up.

It can't be a coincidence that every game I play is close UNTIL one of those goals comes up, then usually it's an immediate blowout for the opposing team. Something has to be done or I can't see myself going back to this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #656
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does all this scripted stuff continue into the second season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »