Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #657
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Does all this scripted stuff continue into the second season?
Hahah it sure does. It seems like every other game is one of those scripted, 15 point comeback goals. Which are nearly impossible to complete because the CPU always shoots near 60% from the field in this mode. It's crazy.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #658
Rookie

OVR: 0

My grizzlies are #1 in the west so far. Im hoping the move Tony dogulas and Chalmers before the trade deadline. There's no reason to have 4 pgs.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #659
Rookie

Any tips on getting traded where you want to go?

I want to be in Cleveland, they are listed as the highest interest every time, and I never get traded there. I've been from Portland to Indiana to Brooklyn to Atlanta to Milwaukee. I've tried selecting the Cavs (and others) as teams I'm interested in but I'm never sent to any of them. I then tried the reverse and requested no teams in particular - that didn't work either.

Any ideas on how to get me to Cleveland (or another team I would like) instead of it being random?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #660
Rookie

Quick question as im not sure if it's a glitch or not.... The VC I'm collecting in MyCareer is not usable for me outside of Mycareer on other modes meaning I can't go to the store and use the VC I'm earning in Mycareer to buy sleeves and stuff. Is all the VC you earn in every mode supposed to be seperate to each mode or is it all supposed to combine as one?
Old 11-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #661
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm starting to dislike the fact that this mode feels like I'm playing through a pre-determined storyline, as opposed to carving my own unique career in the NBA. I hope to goodness these cutscenes will be removed for next year's iteration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #662
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by weylum
I'm starting to dislike the fact that this mode feels like I'm playing through a pre-determined storyline, as opposed to carving my own unique career in the NBA. I hope to goodness these cutscenes will be removed for next year's iteration.
I could live with the story and cutscenes, if we actually had to make decisions that affected the story.

Right now, our games are being scripted because we have to follow the story. It's completely backwards and takes away the point of the whole mode.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #663
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I could live with the story and cutscenes, if we actually had to make decisions that affected the story.

Right now, our games are being scripted because we have to follow the story. It's completely backwards and takes away the point of the whole mode.
Agreed. I just hope that 2k doesn't invest considerable time towards something like "branching storylines/events" when they could channel that energy into more on-the-court related areas. I'll take smarter teammates over a "story" anyday.

Not saying that it has to be one or the other, but for years now we've been forced to play an excess of garbage minutes without the inability to wear alternate unis or simulate any game of our choosing. Those cutscenes are almost like attempting to put a band-aid over a stitch wound.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #664
Kyy
Rookie

Kyy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP.Trey
Like a lot of others in this thread. I'm pretty close to being absolutely fed up with this game mode. MyGM is a mess, and this is looking like it too, and I never was a MyTeam guy so other than NBA Today, and quick games online, I'm not sure I'm going to use this game for anything.

I just had the sidekick thing come up with Derrick Favors against the Bucks, so I was asked to feed him the ball all game. I did, got him 41 points on 30 shots when his previous career high was 27 (The rest of the team had 41 points total). The game was tied at the time, I get subbed out, and when I get subbed back in the fourth quarter, we are down by 15 and I am asked to bring us back into the game.
Cue Trey Burke chucking contested threes for no apparent reason, me missing every wide open shot I have, Favors/Kanter missing every shot they have because they're tired and the coach refuses to sub either out. And on top of that, Ekpe Udoh of all people goes on a 10-0 run by himself, Carlos Delfino's being left open by Hayward on every play and we're now down 25 and I'm STILL being asked to cut it down to 5.

Needless to say, we end up losing by 20-30 and Favors is jumping around like a child after the game so happy he got his 40 points and doesn't even mention that we got blown out by the lowly Bucks.

So I ask, what is the point of MyCareer if you're forced to play 2k's career? I want the game to adapt to how I play, I shouldn't have to adapt to how 2k wants me to play. And why does 2k want you to lose/fail when you do everything they ask you to? Isn't a 11-25 record bad enough? At least give me a chance to make the playoffs.
So glad i'm not the only one getting pissed off at this scripted crap. When they advertised MyCareer they made it seem like a story that you had control of. You hardly do.

I had the instance that someone else mentioned (bring the team back) and was able to do it. It doesn't matter, you get mad praise from the coach and team and they say you get more minutes... you don't. Furthermore the scripted crap despite all of your points etc dropped won't make you a starter till like the 30+ game in.

Oh and with the sidekick thing, I said no. This feature more than anything bothers the hell out of me. Anytime you oppose being a background, role player and wanting to be a star it gives you some insane task. Now, I can do the task if the damn game did not intentionally make you do bad. You'll miss wide open shots, randomly have the ball swiped from you by a big man (not holding it long either), etc. This stuff is far too scripted. Cool idea though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »