Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #713
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Will we have to start over for the myCareer patch to take effect?
I'll be pissed if we do...

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 12-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #714
Banned

OVR: 0

I hope they patch the injury slider of the game.. Superstars on teams always gets injured.. In My Career the Lakers are at the bottom of the West no chance of making the playoffs coz Kobe got injured at the start of the season, then Nick Young then Gasol and now Kobe again they couldn't get a rhythm going. Pacers are out of the Playoff Race unless they get a huge winning streak coz they're 5 games behind the 8th seed coz Hibbert and Granger got injured as well. Clippers from 4th seed became 7th seed coz Chris Paul got injured. Miami Heat LeBron got injured TWICE I mean LeBron that guy rarely gets injuries that sidelines him for more than a week and he got two injuries that sidelined him from November-January, also now that Bron Bron is back Wade is the one injured. Melo and the Knicks are out of the playoff picture as well unless they get a nice win streak going as they're behind by 7 games for the 8th seed coz Chandler and Melo especially Chandler is always injured. BTW I'm on my 69th game in
Old 12-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #715
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I'll be pissed if we do...
That's what i'm afraid will happen.

I can see them saying, "Due to our first Patch for a new system, we are unfortunate to let users who have started a MyCareer or MyGM to continue in order for the patch to take in effect."

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #716
Rookie

anybody else HATES that animation where you bump into your teammates

and the switching in this game is insane, you run into your teammates radius detection and good luck trying figuring out who's your cover, you run into one player, your teammates goes with you wtf

ive been trying my hardest to avoid the bumping animation and so far the CPU scoring has been down significantly, just a quick tip

now i just gotta make shots, whats the best way to create space when you're guy is sagging you off? i have a lot of room against my defender but when i shoot it takes ages and the shot quality is always bad (C- or worse)
Old 12-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #717
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraulo234
anybody else HATES that animation where you bump into your teammates

and the switching in this game is insane, you run into your teammates radius detection and good luck trying figuring out who's your cover, you run into one player, your teammates goes with you wtf

ive been trying my hardest to avoid the bumping animation and so far the CPU scoring has been down significantly, just a quick tip

now i just gotta make shots, whats the best way to create space when you're guy is sagging you off? i have a lot of room against my defender but when i shoot it takes ages and the shot quality is always bad (C- or worse)
On CG when the computer would sag off my player, i would drive it right at them and do the eurostep, sometimes its a clean layups, other times you get fouled and shoot free throws

Old 12-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #718
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I just got beat by Brooklyn (I play for Atlanta) by a final score of 120-75.

This is a VERY common occurrence for me. We OFTEN lose by 30 or 40 points. I mean we get absolutely KILLED. We last in the conference. Is anyone else experiencing this? I wouldn't think Atlanta should be THIS bad. I'm not the best player but dang. It sucks to get destroyed, and I mean completely destroyed every game.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 12-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #719
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I just got beat by Brooklyn (I play for Atlanta) by a final score of 120-75.

This is a VERY common occurrence for me. We OFTEN lose by 30 or 40 points. I mean we get absolutely KILLED. We last in the conference. Is anyone else experiencing this? I wouldn't think Atlanta should be THIS bad. I'm not the best player but dang. It sucks to get destroyed, and I mean completely destroyed every game.
are you playing at HOF difficulty? default? yes i was getting destroyed 20-30+ pts, then changed to simulation

they actually miss in simulation but it's much harder to score, you can beat average teams but it's hard to stop top teams
Old 12-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #720
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraulo234
are you playing at HOF difficulty? default? yes i was getting destroyed 20-30+ pts, then changed to simulation

they actually miss in simulation but it's much harder to score, you can beat average teams but it's hard to stop top teams
I play on All-Star simulation. Also, can someone outline the general problems with this mode that needs to be patched?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »