Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #721
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Also, I have a technique question. I miss a TON of layups. Do layups have a time up mechanism like regular shots do? In other words, when I go up for a layup do I need to release the analog stick or can I just hold it down the whole time until the shot is made? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I am a player that likes to get points in the paint and doing so without being able to make layups makes this very difficult.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #722
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Also, I have a technique question. I miss a TON of layups. Do layups have a time up mechanism like regular shots do? In other words, when I go up for a layup do I need to release the analog stick or can I just hold it down the whole time until the shot is made? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I am a player that likes to get points in the paint and doing so without being able to make layups makes this very difficult.
I think it depends on what layup package you use. When I first start with low rating with the swing layup package I was getting and 1s and would make a lot of contested layups. Then switched to j crawfords layup and I didn't not get one and 1 and I would miss easy layups. I had finisher and high layup and S I T ratings. Just switched back to the swing layup and now I make more.
LA DODGERS
Old 12-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #723
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
That's what i'm afraid will happen.

I can see them saying, "Due to our first Patch for a new system, we are unfortunate to let users who have started a MyCareer or MyGM to continue in order for the patch to take in effect."
And come buy some more VC!!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #724
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I just got beat by Brooklyn (I play for Atlanta) by a final score of 120-75.

This is a VERY common occurrence for me. We OFTEN lose by 30 or 40 points. I mean we get absolutely KILLED. We last in the conference. Is anyone else experiencing this? I wouldn't think Atlanta should be THIS bad. I'm not the best player but dang. It sucks to get destroyed, and I mean completely destroyed every game.
Are you a starter yet. I play for Atlanta too and when you start for them it gets better. I wanted to get traded so bad because every time I came off the bench we were losing. I will get us back up only to be lose when I got subbed out. Now that I start seems like the team plays better and the defense is very good too.
LA DODGERS
Old 12-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #725
Rookie

ju1092's Arena

OVR: 2

Anyone else have problems with the playerstore and dressing room not showing up in the MyCareer menu? I can't access them between games whether on the plane or in my car, but can from the main features menu. I'm on PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #726
Just started!

OVR: 0
Talking Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

JUST GOT ASKED KIA OR GATORADE I TOOK GATORADE THINK I SHOULD HAVE TOOK KIA I OPTED FOR SPRINT LAST TIME AND TOOK THE EASY MONEY HEARD SOMEONE TOOK KIA GOT THE 600 VC WHICH IS AN ACHIEVEMENT BUT F IT LETS HOPE GATORADE CALL ME BACK LOL AND THIS AGENT IS A PRICK I MISS MY FRIEND BUT HE HAS BEEN GETTING ME MAJOR VC WITH ENDORSEMENTS YOU WIN SOME YOU LOSE SOME IM ON UTAH WERE IN 1ST PLACE 16 GAME WINNING STREAK SHAUN RICHARDSON FOR MVP
Old 12-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #727
Rookie

OVR: 0

smoove talked about issues in this game in his latest video, def agree with everything he said

especially:

contact animations mainly:

- contact right before you make the pass (happens 80% of the time)
- bumping animations with your own teammate (the most annoying thing ever, as this takes a second or so and you get out of position because you do a bunny hop)
Old 12-02-2013, 04:09 AM   #728
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Anyone else having a problem winning games on HOF?

I was winning at a pretty good rate as a Sixth Man, but as soon as I cracked the starting lineup, I feel like winning is close to impossible. What happened?
I have no problem on HOF SIM i play 2guard for TrailBlazees I went on a 10 game winning streak and I went on a 9 game losing streak but I lost 3 players due to injury Aldrige, Lilard, and Lenard.
And myplayer is a 89. But I got Lilard back and Lenard and we're rolling again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »