Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #753
MVP
 
Sports fanantic's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Big decision for me just came up. I'm currently with Portland and we are winning a lot of games but i always wanted to play for the Warriors. Now that i see that they want me if i choose to request a trade, i'm having some thoughts. I want to be loyal and play with the team that drafted me (and we are winning games too at the moment) but i also want to play for my hometown and favorite team. Any suggestions?
__________________
San Francisco Giants

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Sports fanantic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #754
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
Big decision for me just came up. I'm currently with Portland and we are winning a lot of games but i always wanted to play for the Warriors. Now that i see that they want me if i choose to request a trade, i'm having some thoughts. I want to be loyal and play with the team that drafted me (and we are winning games too at the moment) but i also want to play for my hometown and favorite team. Any suggestions?
If you always wanted to play for the Warriors then go for it. Thing is though is that you have to be careful about the trading because your GM will trade you to some team that has no interest in you and you never requested to be traded to that team. Good Luck!
__________________
NBA 2K16 (PS4) MyTEAM

PG - Kyrie Irving/John Wall/D. Lillard
SG - Kawhi Leonard/TBT Kevin Martin/D. Wade
SF - Carmelo Anthony/Jimmy Butler
PF - Paul George/Lamarcus Aldridge/ROTY B.Griffin
C - Dwight Howard/Hassan Whiteside

richard378 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #755
MVP
 
Sports fanantic's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Francisco, California
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard378
If you always wanted to play for the Warriors then go for it. Thing is though is that you have to be careful about the trading because your GM will trade you to some team that has no interest in you and you never requested to be traded to that team. Good Luck!
Does the relationship with the GM factor into deciding your preference?
__________________
San Francisco Giants

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby
Sports fanantic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #756
Pro
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Just played the Bucks for the 2nd time and its the 2nd time I got the CE error...ugh

Well back to BF4!
__________________
Rather than complain about life, take responsibility and do something about it..
acolbert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #757
MVP
 
KyotoCarl's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Anyone else having problems with playcalling breaking down or not initiating when set to auto? Works perfectly in the scrimmage cutscenes though.



Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
What we know so far about NBA 2K14 - FAQ/QA:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045267769

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
KyotoCarl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #758
Pro
 
Clappington's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I'm on the Timberwolves, We just played the Pistons, now i play on HOF and i understand its suppose to be hard.. but that does not mean Fake..How am I suppose to win when the Pistons are shooting 70% from the field and damn near perfect from downtown.. hitting 15/18 threes. not open threes but facials, shot clock cheese 3s, turnaround threes,fader 3s. Got Josh Smith over here dropping 44 points coming down the court just straight pulling 3s and wet every time lol. I dont know how I can win this way lol.
__________________
#FreeMikeGSW
Mass communication/journalism Major
Clappington is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #759
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Dec 2006
Blog Entries: 49
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I just made it to All-Star Weekend and was selected for the three point shootout.

What is the deal with the control scheme for this mode?

I do not understand why they couldn't just let you shoot using the same mechanics and same camera you've been using for the previous 41 games.

I can hit "excellent" timing on about 75% of my jumpers in a normal game situation, but I can't even get one shot to go down using the special "shootout" mechanics.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-02-2013 at 08:08 PM.
jyoung is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #760
MVP
 
canucksss's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jan 2003
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I just made it to All-Star Weekend and was selected for the three point shootout.

What is the deal with the control scheme for this mode?

I do not understand why they couldn't just let you shoot using the same mechanics and same camera you've been using for the previous 41 games.

I can hit "excellent" timing on about 75% of my jumpers in a normal game situation, but I can't even get one shot to go on using the special "shootout" mechanics.
I understand why they changed the shot mechanic...so you it will not be easy to win the competition. BUT THIS CRAP.
canucksss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.

Top -