Home

Height Limit and Offensive Name

This is a discussion on Height Limit and Offensive Name within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Height Limit and Offensive Name

There is a 7'2" height limit that spreads across every mode of the game.

There are normal english names that are hard coded in the game and are being flagged for inappropriate language still:
Cassell, Tucker, Cummings, McCollough, McConnell just to name a few...

Just wanted to make a thread on the main page to alert 2K that the community doesn't like this.

I understand 2k doesn't want people making 7'6" Point Guards named F***ing F***er and bringing them into the Park but restricting names that are in the game and adding a height limit across all modes even offline ones isn't the way to do it.

You wanna make Gheorge Mursean, Manut Bol, Rik Smits, Yao Ming, Shawn Bradley? Sorry, can't do it.

Worse part is 2K is going to "Fix" all of these "issues" in 2k16 to force you to buy the new game. So instead of selling a game based on improvements they're going to sell a game based on "fixes" to problems that they intentionally created. That's not a winning business practice.

Last edited by dwayne12345; 12-16-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Height Limit and Offensive Name

Centers can be 7'3 in mycareer
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Finally! thanks Dwayne, this was necessary. I would write "to 2k devs" in the main title, just to be sure they will all read.

Also, please, give us the possibility to have 18 years old draftee. We have a few every year!
Old 12-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

I guess I view the height limit more along the lines of other annoyances like not being able to change a player's weight, nickname, or give him a headband/goggles (unless you buy it with VC in MyCareer). There probably isn't a good reason for these limitations but it possibly introduced some other complication so they just scrapped it. Omissions like these are a big reason why some feel like the series is going "sideways" even though it took some huge steps forwards this year.

I really see no reason to censor anything unless you play online, though. Especially when common and former NBA player names get flagged it just looks comical.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:44 AM   #5
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

The offensive name doesn't just extend to names in the game even file names. It didn't like the fu in the file name of my roster that I am saving locally. Come on 2K. I think the Patriots are the reason for this. They ended up retweeting a racist name for their 1millionth fan. I think 2k is trying to eliminate some bad press

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6158756.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #6
Banned

yung_nipz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
The offensive name doesn't just extend to names in the game even file names. It didn't like the fu in the file name of my roster that I am saving locally. Come on 2K. I think the Patriots are the reason for this. They ended up retweeting a racist name for their 1millionth fan. I think 2k is trying to eliminate some bad press

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6158756.html
This was in the game at launch tho...
Old 12-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #7
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung_nipz
This was in the game at launch tho...
This has been in the game for years. I remember when Rudy Gay was in college I tried to put him in a draft class and had the same problem. It's just now it's extended to more names for some dumb reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »