Home

Did I make the right decision not picking up 2K14 on current gen to wait for this?

This is a discussion on Did I make the right decision not picking up 2K14 on current gen to wait for this? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
Rookie

dre2's Arena

OVR: 0
Did I make the right decision not picking up 2K14 on current gen to wait for this?

I have never not bought a 2K Basketball game at launch (or the week of launch when I was younger and not ballin, lol) before this one but I felt that with 2 consoles to buy and a ton of games on my PC on Steam I have yet to play I should wait and see how the transition would work. While I didn't buy it (man it was hard) I did read the reviews and without going into specifics most said it played a better game but was almost exactly the same graphics and feature wise other than the Lebron mode which has a LOT less appeal to me than the old 2K11 Jordan mode. From the looks of the vids and forum it seems general consensus that it will play like a slightly better but similar CG version with these new features they have been touting. My question is, do you guys think it will be different enough that I should just grab the current 360 or PS3 one to get me through the week or continue to sit on my hands and keep refreshing Twitter and OS all day watching for info about 2K (and Live to a certain extent, they need to improve and even just put a game out just to drive competition now that we have a better console base to work with just for us to see how good these games can be imho so I'll just get it to compare and have an honest opinion of the 2 and their differences and shortcomings).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Did I make the right decision not picking up 2K14 on current gen to wait for this

Yes you did...
Old 11-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Did I make the right decision not picking up 2K14 on current gen to wait for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2
I have never not bought a 2K Basketball game at launch (or the week of launch when I was younger and not ballin, lol) before this one but I felt that with 2 consoles to buy and a ton of games on my PC on Steam I have yet to play I should wait and see how the transition would work. While I didn't buy it (man it was hard) I did read the reviews and without going into specifics most said it played a better game but was almost exactly the same graphics and feature wise other than the Lebron mode which has a LOT less appeal to me than the old 2K11 Jordan mode. From the looks of the vids and forum it seems general consensus that it will play like a slightly better but similar CG version with these new features they have been touting. My question is, do you guys think it will be different enough that I should just grab the current 360 or PS3 one to get me through the week or continue to sit on my hands and keep refreshing Twitter and OS all day watching for info about 2K (and Live to a certain extent, they need to improve and even just put a game out just to drive competition now that we have a better console base to work with just for us to see how good these games can be imho so I'll just get it to compare and have an honest opinion of the 2 and their differences and shortcomings).
There's five days left.. At this point, who cares?
Old 11-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

(Man it was hard) lol

Don't worry, you can buy nba2k14 on cg, wait 2k16 for a good ng.
2kdev are too slow
Old 11-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJBrownHeat
(Man it was hard) lol

Don't worry, you can buy nba2k14 on cg, wait 2k16 for a good ng.
2kdev are too slow
Slow at what exactly? For a first time next gen its pretty impressive at what they did. You seem to be an expert at creating games....please enlighten us at the process on how to make a perfect game in a short time frame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I think 2k14 next gen is going to be a great game.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Slow at what exactly? For a first time next gen its pretty impressive at what they did. You seem to be an expert at creating games....please enlighten us at the process on how to make a perfect game in a short time frame.
So tell me why last year they asked sony and microsoft to get ng because they were ready to work on and today people begin to say that it is the first ng game so it was difficult to work on and they hadn't enough time to work on NG?

Tell me why??

I wait and see for my part and i really smile about the business.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Mr jackson, mr Jordan, mr Ewing, mr Barkley, mr reggie miller, mr stern tell me more about this bisuness please.
I think you know a lot of things.

We were waiting for new features, new presentation of the beginning of the game and introdution, watch the mouth of james it looks like my ....
I waited you know the big screen, big TV in the xenter of the arena, the 4 big screen, you can't still watch real action or replay like in nba live 1998 on PS1.

Good graphics were possible on cg, remember nba 2k11 or 2k9.

We havn't any information about too much things. Tell me the loading on ng is it more quick than cg?

And i havn't all the question but i 'm sure we could work on it to really decide if we are happy or not of those ng game!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »