Home

My GM Questions/ Premature 2K15 Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on My GM Questions/ Premature 2K15 Wishlist Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
My GM Questions/ Premature 2K15 Wishlist Thread

We have a nice detailed blog a few days ago which was awesome. However, with as much excitement surrounding this mode there's still just as many questions. I'm creating this thread so that if the devs feel compelled to answer them, then they can have a central place to come and knock them out.

1) Are the future draft trades (in real life) also in the game? No

Spoiler

2) Are the new CBA's in? I don't think so

Spoiler

3) Will there be different season lengths? 14, 29, 56 games seasons, etc. Are the playoff lengths adjustable? No

4) Will we have the ability to intervene in games? No

Spoiler

5) Will we be able to edit players? No

Spoiler

*These Next two maybe be more of wishlist types, but with the deletion of 30 team control and not knowing about editing, these two would help alleviate most issues.

6) Is a manual injury system in? No, but didn't expect this anyway

Spoiler

7) How about "The David Stern" option? No. Didn't expect this anyway

Spoiler

*Now back to more realistic questions

8) Will we be able to change our opponents uniforms? No. Maybe they could at least patch something like if you choose to wear a home throwback your opponent chooses to wear an away throwback

9) Can I play against a friend/family member (couch co-op)? No

10) Is there an option to turn off being fired? I didn't see this option

That's my 10 questions for now. I hope that none of this is taken as me being negative. I just can't wait for this game and full of anticipation, so all I'm really looking for is to get some clarification. If anyone else has any questions please add them here and I'll update the OP with the hopes that maybe we will get an answer, if not no big deal, we'll know in a few days.

more questions:

11) Will we be abe to carry over the progress of MyGM and MyCareer from year-to-year into new versions of NBA 2K? TBD

12) Will there be bust and late round gems in the draft? ?

13) Are the sliders in mygm mode customizable? Yes

14) Can i turn off the trade between cpu/cpu? I didn't see this option

15) Can you play coach mode? No

16) Will fantasy drafts still be possible? Yes

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 11-15-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: My GM Questions/ Premature 2K15 Wishlist Thread

I want the ability to carry over the progress of MyGM and MyCareer from year-to-year into new versions of NBA 2K.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
We have a nice detailed blog a few days ago which was awesome. However, with as much excitement surrounding this mode there's still just as many questions. I'm creating this thread so that if the devs feel compelled to answer them, then they can have a central place to come and knock them out.

1) Are the future draft trades (in real life) also in the game?

Spoiler

I want to know this as well! I think it would add even another level of realism to the game. I mean, how many first round picks to the Suns have in next years draft? Like 4 right? I hope every pick is where it needs to be. Also, if a team has "draft rights" like the Bulls do with European player Nikola Mirotic, you should be able to throw him in with a potential trade you are trying to pull off.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

My only question:

-Will there be bust and late round gems in the draft?

My Wishlist:

-Weekly highlight shows

-The D-League, Euroleague, Summer League, Draft combine, and Training camp.

-Suspensions due to misconduct. Disgruntled players on bad teams get frustrated and get technical fouls, or breaking team rules. I'd love to see this since they say there is emotion built into the ecomotion engine.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 11-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

alternate jerseys in my career make it happen already
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love OP's #6 and #7.

I also want an expansion team option with all the correct expansion team rules. I want to create the Sonics but also have access to all of their jerseys.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #7
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Wishlist-
Authentic Sounds- Seeing the Real Voices trailer really shows that this isn't impossible. Crowds, rim sounds, net sounds can all be taken from REAL games. So we can finally get rid of the Dreamcast rim and crowds PLEASE they sound terrible. With the graphics they way they are now it's a definite minus on the immersion.

Weekly Recap Show in MyGM/Association or w.e it's going to be called in the future.

Sideline characters- There are virtually none in NG 2k14 so I hope this is addressed as I wonder what's so hard about adding enough cameramen and cheerleaders to make the sidelines look alive like in real life.

Playoff atmosphere- While having the crowd in one color is a step up, it wasn't perfect by any means. Need ACCURATE crowd colors for some teams AND most importantly, playoff presentation. Make me FEEL like I'm playing in the biggest games of the season, that these games matter. Have cutscenes of players getting intro'd with the lights off and the crowd going crazy in the dark then transition to them warming up while the play by play guys talk about things to look for in the upcoming series or game(depending on if it's G1 or later in the series obviously). But, only have this for the playoffs. The Finals should be its own beast aswell. Have the curtain thing from the Jordan challenge 91 Finals and then have the fireworks go off then the curtain falls and the mascots and cheerleader are hyping the crowd at center court, etc. And to transition to my next topic...

Presentation- If not TNT then please go back to trying to mimic TV as much as possible ala 2k9-2k11 era. Some of the wipes and overlays look cheesy and unprofessional. Pre game intros could take a page from past 2k's with prerenderd city shots instead of the grainy vids. Like the fans walking into the arena and buying concessions. I'd love to see the Hollywood sign, or a shot of the beach playing a game against the Lakers or Heat. The Statue of Liberty, various villages and boroughs or MSG while in NY etc.

Also, what ever happened to tickers? During the season I remember a ticker would pop up at the bottom of the screen showing scores from around the league during games, that definitely should come back. Halftime doesn't necessarily need a full 3d halftime show, but highlights from other games happening would be a nice addition.

Crowd animations- I don't know how hard this it, but at the end of games if it is close or you're coming back after trailing big all game, the crowd usually stands for the final minutes because they are so into it. Maybe they stand as you shoot a three like the bench does, that would be somewhat like what APF 2k8 had when you threw a deep pass and then the crowd erupts as you score. Speaking of erupting, fans only clap and swing their arms in a circular motion. Why don't they jump? Jumping would add so much life to the crowd once you got them into it by gaining some momentum.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39

If this is gonna be a wish list, OP has to update the first post with all the ideas in a streamlined fashion - otherwise this turns into a mess - always.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »