Home

Signature Shots

This is a discussion on Signature Shots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Signature Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I don't know man...if you look in the 2k13 sig shot thread, there are 3 separate occasions of 3 page arguments about what Seth Currys shot should look like...I think it's easier said than done for some guys to get it right unless set himself comes in...

Hell, people don't even like LeBrons sig shot this year and he mo capped it, lol
Well part of the problem is none of the user created sig shots really look perfectly like Curry's-- hence the disagreement. Different people emphasize different aspects of his shot, but to me, his no-hitch, goose neck, quick release is crucial to capture. I had my own version using the only base with a quick release in 2K13 and it was a decent approximation but not nearly close to perfect. To further improve it would require reanimating it (or a mo-cap session). The current shot in next-gen (and cur-gen) has his elbow bow out too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmafia13
You'd think it'd be that simple, but like you said the landings make it harder. Like I chose the landing where the legs are spread with the right foot forward. It doesn't look like his set shot, but when he gets rolling he does that lean in PU3IT with his feet spread. So I wanted to retreat that.
I'd go with the narrow base just because he shoots more of his shots that way, but a variety of landings would make Curry's shot really sig.

I don't know what a PU3IT is but it sounds dirty.

Last edited by Sundown; 11-12-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #18
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Well part of the problem is none of the user created sig shots really look perfectly like Curry's-- hence the disagreement. Different people emphasize different aspects of his shot, but to me, his no-hitch, goose neck, quick release is crucial to capture. I had my own version using the only base with a quick release in 2K13 and it was a decent approximation but not nearly close to perfect. To further improve it would require reanimating it (or a mo-cap session). The current shot in next-gen (and cur-gen) has his elbow bow out too much.

I'd go with the narrow base just because he shoots more of his shots that way, but a variety of landings would make Curry's shot really sig.

I don't know what a PU3IT is but it sounds dirty.
pull up 3 in transition maybe? thats my guess
Old 11-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #19
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

I really hope 2K gives the shooting forms a lot of attention in 2k15. A lot of the shooting forms look completely outdated. They stick out like a sore-thumb because some of the newer ones have much better frame-rate. They are smooth and actually feel realistic(Kobe), as opposed to some of the older ones which reach their peak height at an absurd speed.

I've actually been doing a lot of editing on my own and have found that the game looks and feels a whole lot better when I gave each player a more realistic looking shot. Not necessarily identical to their rl counterpart, but a shot that loads up and releases like a real-life looking one.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just finished watching Ronnie vs. LD2K's matchup (NYK vs. GSW). Thoughts...

Klay Thompson has a new sig shot and it looks great. Very quick release and the form is spot-on.

They gave Curry a sig free throw shot which was on point. Not terribly impressed with his sig shot but, as I said before, I'm glad they at least attempted it.

Carmelo Anthony has the same, out-dated jumper. Unfortunate, seeing as how he's one of the most explosive scorers in the game (and takes a crap-load of stand-still jump shots).

Harrison Barnes looks like he got mo-capped. Not sure if it was in 2K13 or not, though. Free throw and jumpshot are both great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »