Home

Next Gen Custom Arena Music?

This is a discussion on Next Gen Custom Arena Music? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Next Gen Custom Arena Music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouAllDay
Is it really this hard to implement through a patch? Make it happen 2k and this is the perfect game!
Well yeah considering one system doesn't even have MP3 playback yet, it'd be pretty difficult lol
Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
Rookie

Hilldog39's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Well yeah considering one system doesn't even have MP3 playback yet, it'd be pretty difficult lol
Actually "Xbox One is capable of both playing audio CDs and DLNA streaming, two features which distinguish it from PlayStation 4."...http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...dlna-streaming

GT: xGBx Boogie
Xbox Series X
PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, RTX 4080, 32GB Ram
Old 11-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #11
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Who said it's not gonna have Custom Arena Music?
All i've seen is that the PS4 doesn't suppost the MP3 format, but there are plenty of other formats out there it might still support.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #12
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldog39
Actually "Xbox One is capable of both playing audio CDs and DLNA streaming, two features which distinguish it from PlayStation 4."...http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...dlna-streaming
I was referring to the PS4
Old 11-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #13
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Who said it's not gonna have Custom Arena Music?
All i've seen is that the PS4 doesn't suppost the MP3 format, but there are plenty of other formats out there it might still support.
They confirmed it wouldn't awhile back didn't they? I could've sworn it was confirmed during that media thing back in OCT.
Also the PS4 doesn't stream music because it doesn't have DLNA and doesn't play MP3. The reasoning is to get people to use their Music Unlimited streaming service, Since people have found out an have been kinda vocal, I'm sure they'll patch it in the firmware later like the HDCP thing. I'm positive 2k were made aware of that limitation and figured it'd be best to just wait till 2k15 when both systems will most likely have it.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldog39
Thats why I don't understand why 2K didn't atleast keep Custom Music for the XboxOne. It makes sense for the PS4 not to have it yet, since Sony has already stated that MP3 support, audio CD support and DLNA streaming has been passed along to there Dev team because of the fans complaints and will be added in a later PS4 update. 2K needs to really add this feature back in.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #15
Rookie

dre2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
They confirmed it wouldn't awhile back didn't they? I could've sworn it was confirmed during that media thing back in OCT.
Also the PS4 doesn't stream music because it doesn't have DLNA and doesn't play MP3. The reasoning is to get people to use their Music Unlimited streaming service, Since people have found out an have been kinda vocal, I'm sure they'll patch it in the firmware later like the HDCP thing. I'm positive 2k were made aware of that limitation and figured it'd be best to just wait till 2k15 when both systems will most likely have it.
Hey dude if you want to hear from the horses mouth here is a half hour interview with the president of Sony himself on Giantbomb (amazing game review site though they know very little about nor do they cover much sports but still great and honest insight into the industry) it isn't about 2K itself but at the end he does discuss how they literally were so focused trying to make the gaming features work that they kind of forgot (lol) the mp3 and DLNA features since they had a couple game features they were trying to get in that still missed launch window. From what he is saying it seems Custom music will probably be available in future 2Ks, since it sounds like a system update will bring MP3 and DLNA playback back.

Its around 25:05 in...

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/a-...hida/1600-670/

He seems like a pretty honest dude for a big corporate type if you listen to the whole thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 7

what does DLNA stand for?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »