Home

Association Problems Corrected in MYGM?

This is a discussion on Association Problems Corrected in MYGM? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Association Problems Corrected in MYGM?

I few people already mentioned this. Trade logic, FA logic, Potential, Rotations and sim stats. Will we get shot blockers that can barely average 2 blocks? Will Chris Paul average 7 assist without editing? Will we have tons of generic players rated in the 90s if we choose not to edit draft classes? Will Deron Williams backup Kyrie Erving? Will centers and power forwards 3 point tendency increase? Will Kobe get traded to the Bobcats? Will to many teams finish with their record near 500? Will J.R. Smith and Ginobili start or be the sixth man? So many questions not answered.

When you get to like year 5 and beyond the generic players were rarely in the top ten because of tendencies. I always had to edit to get a top rated generic player to average 25 points or over. I always had to lower the shooting tendencies for other players to accomplish that. If you didn't edit a 99 rated player he could average 14 points. Now I cant edit during so what will become of the league?

We all know potential was all over the place. To many players from the draft eventually were rated in the 90s. Will we be FORCED to create every draft class again? Why cant we get acceptable draft classes? Especially if we cant edit the generic players during my gm.

MYGM sounds amazing but is it really association on steroids? Simballer description of the mode sounded amazing but ASSOCIATION on steroids seems like the problems would be fixed. He mentioned no problems being fixed. Wouldn't these past association problems ruin the mode? If these problems exist MYGM would be worst then association. More entertaining yes but worse.

If these problems exist there is no 30 team control and no editing after you start MYGM. We would be stuck with these problems only this time we wouldn't have the tools to fix it ourselves. I'm not trying to be negative but I have been waiting for association fixes for years. To not hear about any of the problems being addressed has me thinking of canceling my xbone one pre order.

Hopefully someone with a ps4 can clarify some things Friday orrrrrrrrrrrr a 2k developer can put these issues to rest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Association Problems Corrected in MYGM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
Now I cant edit during so what will become of the league?

If these problems exist there is no 30 team control and no editing after you start MYGM.
I don't think they said you can't edit within MyGM. There's no 30 team control, but that doesn't take away the ability to edit any player in the league.

On current-gen if you start a one-team association you don't lose the ability to edit players from all teams. I don't see why MyGM would be any different.

Any one have a definitive answer? I can only say that I've never heard any of that from a developer or hands-on experience. Just that 30-team control wouldn't be an option.

I'm with you though, I really hope that strides have been made with the CPU logic since we can't babysit the A.I. with 30-team control. It would put a big damper on a very promising mode.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow

Last edited by skow05; 11-12-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

It was already stated that you can edit before starting MYGM but you cant after you started.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

Again, I dont remember them saying you couldnt edit in MyGM. Please find where they said that for me, because all I heard was that Live said you couldnt edit. Lets be clear before that starts getting spread around in error
Old 11-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
Rookie

worm91's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I few people already mentioned this. Trade logic, FA logic, Potential, Rotations and sim stats. Will we get shot blockers that can barely average 2 blocks? Will Chris Paul average 7 assist without editing? Will we have tons of generic players rated in the 90s if we choose not to edit draft classes? Will Deron Williams backup Kyrie Erving? Will centers and power forwards 3 point tendency increase? Will Kobe get traded to the Bobcats? Will to many teams finish with their record near 500? Will J.R. Smith and Ginobili start or be the sixth man? So many questions not answered.

When you get to like year 5 and beyond the generic players were rarely in the top ten because of tendencies. I always had to edit to get a top rated generic player to average 25 points or over. I always had to lower the shooting tendencies for other players to accomplish that. If you didn't edit a 99 rated player he could average 14 points. Now I cant edit during so what will become of the league?

We all know potential was all over the place. To many players from the draft eventually were rated in the 90s. Will we be FORCED to create every draft class again? Why cant we get acceptable draft classes? Especially if we cant edit the generic players during my gm.

MYGM sounds amazing but is it really association on steroids? Simballer description of the mode sounded amazing but ASSOCIATION on steroids seems like the problems would be fixed. He mentioned no problems being fixed. Wouldn't these past association problems ruin the mode? If these problems exist MYGM would be worst then association. More entertaining yes but worse.

If these problems exist there is no 30 team control and no editing after you start MYGM. We would be stuck with these problems only this time we wouldn't have the tools to fix it ourselves. I'm not trying to be negative but I have been waiting for association fixes for years. To not hear about any of the problems being addressed has me thinking of canceling my xbone one pre order.

Hopefully someone with a ps4 can clarify some things Friday orrrrrrrrrrrr a 2k developer can put these issues to rest.

Screenshots of nets and backboards won't make me purcase 2k14, fixing the issues above will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Again, I dont remember them saying you couldnt edit in MyGM. Please find where they said that for me, because all I heard was that Live said you couldnt edit. Lets be clear before that starts getting spread around in error
Quote:
#NBA2K14 Also, Full player editing in and out of the mode is available, Ratings can't be altered in My GM, but they can be in exhibition
https://twitter.com/BMaziqueFPBR/sta...10174863187968
Old 11-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiev123
So its like Madden when you have to edit beforehand I guess.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiev123
daaaamn... huge blow...

even more pressure on 2k to ship out proper tendency/rating progression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »