Home

NBA 2K14: New MyCAREER Details and Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: New MyCAREER Details and Screenshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
MVP

OkayC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14: New MyCAREER Details and Screenshots

I personally just hope things aren't so predetermined for you that every mycareer will feel exactly the same. for me personally I like the idea of the plane backdrop thing, and some of the new features announced in this thread. But as for the little news we have heard about the mycareer story arc, I wanna know how predetermined things are for you. Mycareer has always tried to force your player into the role of a superstar, but so far based on what ive seen and read, it seems like thats whats going on to an even bigger degree now. So i'll wait until the game drops, and see a few youtube commentators start a mycareer before i make any serious assumptions about the mode, cuz of course everything im saying now is just speculation. But we shall see.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #18
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
I personally just hope things aren't so predetermined for you that every mycareer will feel exactly the same. for me personally I like the idea of the plane backdrop thing, and some of the new features announced in this thread. But as for the little news we have heard about the mycareer story arc, I wanna know how predetermined things are for you. Mycareer has always tried to force your player into the role of a superstar, but so far based on what ive seen and read, it seems like thats whats going on to an even bigger degree now. So i'll wait until the game drops, and see a few youtube commentators start a mycareer before i make any serious assumptions about the mode, cuz of course everything im saying now is just speculation. But we shall see.
I have to ask. Isn't that the point? I mean, who's playing a Career mode like this to be a end of the bench bum or role player on an NBA team? Isn't the fun/point of mode like this molding a guy into an NBA superstar? Don't think I'm trying to come at you any kind of way with this post, that's not my intent. It's a serious question based off my understanding of the bolded.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I have to ask. Isn't that the point? I mean, who's playing a Career mode like this to be a end of the bench bum or role player on an NBA team? Isn't the fun/point of mode like this molding a guy into an NBA superstar? Don't think I'm trying to come at you any kind of way with this post, that's not my intent. It's a serious question based off my understanding of the bolded.
Maybe I understand his point. In Association (or MyGM now) you can choose your goals or strategies. I mean you can pick a contender and go for the ring or a bad team to rebuild via trade or draft. In MyPlayer you cannot choose. If you don't go in superstar approach, there is no particular reward/goal. When we had CAL mode, at least you could choose your favourite player and create your own goal/story (i.e an All Star apperance for Odom, a PO 2nd round bucket for TMac, etc).
Old 11-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #20
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanan anneus
I'm guessing that you were drafted by the Utah Jazz, LD2K
Yes, and I want OUT!

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 11-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #21
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Im Guessing some of us want it to feel more rewarding just to be on the roster I mean making an NBA team and securing a spot from training camp and trying to be a star for a long time and stay there is hard (just ask Allen Iverson). Many second round picks or even undrafted guys work hard everyday in the NBA or In the D-League many guys busting their asses off just to get a spot on that roster even if they are role players or bench warmers some with 10 day contracts and even though its a game some of us would like that experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #22
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
not really king. it would be fun if you didn't have to play the whole game just about without fouling to make your guy get a rest. sometimes people want to be the sixth man the little things my man
Old 11-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #23
MVP

OkayC's Arena

Quote:
Thing is, i don't always wanna be a superstar. some accounts I wanna be a sixth man that goes where im needed. Like a jarret jack or jamal crawford type player. Other accounts i may just wanna be a key contributor off the bench for a team that needs me. Like for instance how the clips need a backup big, maybe i could be that guy come in and take some mins and responsibility away from griffin and jordan, so they don't have to play 40mins a night. Some accounts I do wanna be a allstar or even superstar talent. like my main pg account i make every year that emulates my play style. but I don't wanna be thrust into being a superstar, I wanna earn my minutes and my role. I wanna work my way up to being the star sometimes. Not be a star from the day i get drafted. Cuz it gets kinda rediculous how you can go to a stacked team where theres really no room for you to start, but they'll push one of the starters to the bench or play them out of position just to make room for you to start. Especially if your production doesn't really warrant a starting job on the team that your on. Being able to have a role based on where your needed is also what could make free agency more fun. I could be like a james harden and take less money to come off the bench, or demand more and get traded and end up being a superstar. Thats type of stuff would make mycareer more in depth, not cheesy cliche lines stolen from corny basketball movies, or made up rivalries.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #24
Just started!

Can you play 2 player in mygm? If so I haven't figured it out. Would be very surprised if I couldn't play a franchise or season with a friend friend on my team. I haven't found any game mode that supports being on same team, except quick game, but let's be honest that's pointless. Can anyone shed some light?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »